Page 188 of 337 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 186 187 188 189 190 198 238 288 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,760 of 6734

Thread: The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

  1. #3741
    Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NORTHCOAST
    Posts
    1,180
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    2006 Rajon Rondo 21st pick. Kyle Lowry 24th
    2007 Arron Afflalo 27th
    2008 Ryan Anderson 21, Courtney Lee 22, Kosta Koufos 23, Serge Ibaka 24, Nicolas Batum 25, George Hill 26, Goran Dragic 45.
    2009 Taj Gibson 26, Demarre Carroll 27th
    2010 Greivis Vasquez 28, Lance Stephenson 40.
    2011 Kenneth Faried 22, Reggie Jackson 24, Norris Cole 28, Jimmy Butler 30, Chandler Parsons 38
    2012 Jared Sullinger 21, Miles Plumlee 26
    2013 Tim Hardaway Jr. 24

    Tony Allen 25th pick back in 2004.

    Hopefully we get lucky.
    I know dude. There's tons of examples of shitty picks that turned out to be good players. I'm just trying to show that on average the 20th pick doesn't yield great results and will typically get you a backup or role player type.

    *Edit* I was also gonna do a list for the 59th picks but the record was abysmal at best. I got too depressed and had to stop.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

  2. Like MixxAOR liked this post
  3. #3742
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    I know dude. There's tons of examples of shitty picks that turned out to be good players. I'm just trying to show that on average the 20th pick doesn't yield great results and will typically get you a backup or role player type.
    the thing is though, we could have our pick of any player ranked 20 or below.

    the rest hinges on Masai and on luck.

  4. #3743
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,445
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

    Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    that's at the very best average for an unguarded player in a non-pressure situation.

    wiggins shot 14-16 on corner 3s and he's definitely not known as a shooter.
    Non-pressure? Whether they hit those shots or not could be the difference between millions of dollars. So while I can appreciate the circumstances he was in weren't game-situations, they certainly were pressure shots.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

  5. Like stooley liked this post
  6. #3744
    Raptors Republic Starter Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    269
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    2006 Rajon Rondo 21st pick. Kyle Lowry 24th
    2007 Arron Afflalo 27th
    2008 Ryan Anderson 21, Courtney Lee 22, Kosta Koufos 23, Serge Ibaka 24, Nicolas Batum 25, George Hill 26, Goran Dragic 45.
    2009 Taj Gibson 26, Demarre Carroll 27th
    2010 Greivis Vasquez 28, Lance Stephenson 40.
    2011 Kenneth Faried 22, Reggie Jackson 24, Norris Cole 28, Jimmy Butler 30, Chandler Parsons 38
    2012 Jared Sullinger 21, Miles Plumlee 26
    2013 Tim Hardaway Jr. 24

    Tony Allen 25th pick back in 2004.

    Hopefully we get lucky.

    Nice piece of work there to research who went 20 and later over the last decade. There is talent to be found if you spend enough time looking for it.
    First thing Ujuri did was to clean house on the scouting staff from the BC era and install his guys. If they are as meticulous as he is we should be able to land a player of value between the two picks at 20 & 37. If they have seen someone they really really want its possible to see them try to move up a few slots from 20 to 17-15 range on draft night. Don't see any of the Top 7 picks for sale even for a ridiculous offer as thats where the premium talent line seems to be this year. Lots of very good players in the mix after that from 8 to 20. Which one(s) we get we will know inside of a month.

    Edit - Random poll... At raps draft slot of 20. Do you draft BPA or for need ?
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed May 28th, 2014 at 03:46 PM.

  7. #3745
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    Nice piece of work there to research who went 20 and later over the last decade. There is talent to be found if you spend enough time looking for it.
    First thing Ujuri did was to clean house on the scouting staff from the BC era and install his guys. If they are as meticulous as he is we should be able to land a player of value between the two picks at 20 & 37. If they have seen someone they really really want its possible to see them try to move up a few slots from 20 to 17-15 range on draft night. Don't see any of the Top 7 picks for sale even for a ridiculous offer as thats where the premium talent line seems to be this year. Lots of very good players in the mix after that from 8 to 20. Which one(s) we get we will know inside of a month.

    Edit - Random poll... At raps draft slot of 20. Do you draft BPA or for need ?
    BPA always. Make them fit, develop them in limited minutes (see Corey Joseph on the spurs), or trade them later.

  8. Like Bendit liked this post
  9. #3746
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default



  10. #3747
    Raptors Republic Starter TrossTheBOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    297
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    anybody got a full list of players we working out?

  11. #3748
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default



    what do you guys think? He's projected to go 59 on DraftExpress. SG off the bench?

  12. Like TrossTheBOSS liked this post
  13. #3749
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,130
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Chadrack Lufile? I mean, yeah, he's Canadian, but he was bench for Wichita State.

    Oh well, gotta give the Canucks a try, I guess.

  14. Like TrossTheBOSS liked this post
  15. #3750
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MixxAOR wrote: View Post

    Is Thursday workouts for Team Canada or for the Raps? Good luck for sure. He would be a cool option for summer league or for a camp invite.

  16. #3751
    Raptors Republic All-Star WJF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,610
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote magoon wrote: View Post
    Chadrack Lufile? I mean, yeah, he's Canadian, but he was bench for Wichita State.

    Oh well, gotta give the Canucks a try, I guess.
    Some guys are brought in to allow for good numbers of players in drills, if you want to see guys play a little 2 on 2 or 3 on 3, you need numbers, yo don't want your NBA guys in there mixing it up.

  17. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
  18. #3752
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,282
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Another Canuck!


    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  19. #3753
    Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    693
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If we drafted Ennis, would our rotations work out?

    Lowry-Ennis
    DeRozan-Vasquez
    Ross-pick/sign? (VC)
    Amir-PattersonJV-pick/sign?

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

  20. #3754
    Raptors Republic All-Star WJF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,610
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Workouts start today, 4 Canadians in the first group, Ennis being the big name, but Bachinski there as well. I hope we get to see some video from the workout.

  21. #3755
    Raptors Republic Starter OptimalOptimist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    RaptorLand
    Posts
    478
    Post Thanks / Like
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

  22. #3756
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    4,180
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

    I was hoping that Ennis was workout against Appling but, his not. Two different workouts.

    Also a fan of Appling. I think he should be a candidate for that late first round pick.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

  23. #3757
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,005
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Interesting to see them taking a look at Posthumus. Lead the NCAA in rebounds for a good chunk of the season and finished fourth overall. I don't think he's a draft candidate right now, but if they like him in workouts, I could see them giving him a summer league spot.
    11 RPG (4th in NCAA), 4.3 OFF (2nd), 17.1 RP40 (1st)
    Last edited by octothorp; Thu May 29th, 2014 at 12:38 PM.
    tank-agnostic

  24. #3758
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    1,826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I was hoping that Ennis was workout against Appling but, his not. Two different workouts.

    Also a fan of Appling. I think he should be a candidate for that late first round pick.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You mean late 2nd, right? He's unlikely to get drafted.

  25. #3759
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    4,180
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    You mean late 2nd, right? He's unlikely to get drafted.
    Yeah, that's what I meant. I personally feel like he was poorly used at MSU. The kid in a blur in the open court. Good defender. He just can't shoot a lick. I think he'd be great value at 59



    Defensively, Appling may struggle at times against bigger guards, especially ones who can shoot over him. However, he has decent strength to not allow himself to be backed down and has great lateral quickness, keeping ball handlers in front of him. He can cut off penetration and puts great pressure on the ball.

    Appling's value lies in his ability to play solid defense, not make mistakes, and score occasionally in transition. He shows solid potential as a backup point guard, although it will be interesting to see if the faster pace of the NBA helps him break out of the often vanilla style of play he mostly showcased under Tom Izzo. While an improved jump shot will raise his ceiling as a player, Appling could carve out a nice role in the league by playing to his strengths, being a steady ball-handler and continuing to distribute the ball to his teammates while leading a second unit.

    From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz337lunFK2
    http://www.draftexpress.com


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

  26. #3760
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    the thing is though, we could have our pick of any player ranked 20 or below.

    the rest hinges on Masai and on luck.
    Heavy on the luck. I can't imagine 20 other GM's making the first 20 picks in each of those years on that list didn't do their homework. Well hey, if we use the pick, we have as much opportunity to get lucky as the next team.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •