Page 188 of 337 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 186 187 188 189 190 198 238 288 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,760 of 6734

Thread: The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    2006 Rajon Rondo 21st pick. Kyle Lowry 24th
    2007 Arron Afflalo 27th
    2008 Ryan Anderson 21, Courtney Lee 22, Kosta Koufos 23, Serge Ibaka 24, Nicolas Batum 25, George Hill 26, Goran Dragic 45.
    2009 Taj Gibson 26, Demarre Carroll 27th
    2010 Greivis Vasquez 28, Lance Stephenson 40.
    2011 Kenneth Faried 22, Reggie Jackson 24, Norris Cole 28, Jimmy Butler 30, Chandler Parsons 38
    2012 Jared Sullinger 21, Miles Plumlee 26
    2013 Tim Hardaway Jr. 24

Tony Allen 25th pick back in 2004.

Hopefully we get lucky.
    I know dude. There's tons of examples of shitty picks that turned out to be good players. I'm just trying to show that on average the 20th pick doesn't yield great results and will typically get you a backup or role player type.

*Edit* I was also gonna do a list for the 59th picks but the record was abysmal at best. I got too depressed and had to stop.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

2. Like MixxAOR liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    I know dude. There's tons of examples of shitty picks that turned out to be good players. I'm just trying to show that on average the 20th pick doesn't yield great results and will typically get you a backup or role player type.
    the thing is though, we could have our pick of any player ranked 20 or below.

the rest hinges on Masai and on luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    that's at the very best average for an unguarded player in a non-pressure situation.

wiggins shot 14-16 on corner 3s and he's definitely not known as a shooter.
    Non-pressure? Whether they hit those shots or not could be the difference between millions of dollars. So while I can appreciate the circumstances he was in weren't game-situations, they certainly were pressure shots.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

5. Like stooley liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

2006 Rajon Rondo 21st pick. Kyle Lowry 24th
    2007 Arron Afflalo 27th
    2008 Ryan Anderson 21, Courtney Lee 22, Kosta Koufos 23, Serge Ibaka 24, Nicolas Batum 25, George Hill 26, Goran Dragic 45.
    2009 Taj Gibson 26, Demarre Carroll 27th
    2010 Greivis Vasquez 28, Lance Stephenson 40.
    2011 Kenneth Faried 22, Reggie Jackson 24, Norris Cole 28, Jimmy Butler 30, Chandler Parsons 38
    2012 Jared Sullinger 21, Miles Plumlee 26
    2013 Tim Hardaway Jr. 24

Tony Allen 25th pick back in 2004.

Hopefully we get lucky.

Nice piece of work there to research who went 20 and later over the last decade. There is talent to be found if you spend enough time looking for it.
    First thing Ujuri did was to clean house on the scouting staff from the BC era and install his guys. If they are as meticulous as he is we should be able to land a player of value between the two picks at 20 & 37. If they have seen someone they really really want its possible to see them try to move up a few slots from 20 to 17-15 range on draft night. Don't see any of the Top 7 picks for sale even for a ridiculous offer as thats where the premium talent line seems to be this year. Lots of very good players in the mix after that from 8 to 20. Which one(s) we get we will know inside of a month.

Edit - Random poll... At raps draft slot of 20. Do you draft BPA or for need ?
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed May 28th, 2014 at 03:46 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    Nice piece of work there to research who went 20 and later over the last decade. There is talent to be found if you spend enough time looking for it.
    First thing Ujuri did was to clean house on the scouting staff from the BC era and install his guys. If they are as meticulous as he is we should be able to land a player of value between the two picks at 20 & 37. If they have seen someone they really really want its possible to see them try to move up a few slots from 20 to 17-15 range on draft night. Don't see any of the Top 7 picks for sale even for a ridiculous offer as thats where the premium talent line seems to be this year. Lots of very good players in the mix after that from 8 to 20. Which one(s) we get we will know inside of a month.

Edit - Random poll... At raps draft slot of 20. Do you draft BPA or for need ?
    BPA always. Make them fit, develop them in limited minutes (see Corey Joseph on the spurs), or trade them later.

8. Like Bendit liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Starter TrossTheBOSS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

anybody got a full list of players we working out?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

what do you guys think? He's projected to go 59 on DraftExpress. SG off the bench?

12. Like TrossTheBOSS liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Chadrack Lufile? I mean, yeah, he's Canadian, but he was bench for Wichita State.

Oh well, gotta give the Canucks a try, I guess.

14. Like TrossTheBOSS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Thursday workouts for Team Canada or for the Raps? Good luck for sure. He would be a cool option for summer league or for a camp invite.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote magoon wrote: View Post
    Chadrack Lufile? I mean, yeah, he's Canadian, but he was bench for Wichita State.

Oh well, gotta give the Canucks a try, I guess.
    Some guys are brought in to allow for good numbers of players in drills, if you want to see guys play a little 2 on 2 or 3 on 3, you need numbers, yo don't want your NBA guys in there mixing it up.

17. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Another Canuck!

"You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If we drafted Ennis, would our rotations work out?

Lowry-Ennis
    DeRozan-Vasquez
    Ross-pick/sign? (VC)
    Amir-PattersonJV-pick/sign?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Workouts start today, 4 Canadians in the first group, Ennis being the big name, but Bachinski there as well. I hope we get to see some video from the workout.

Raptors Republic Starter OptimalOptimist's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

I was hoping that Ennis was workout against Appling but, his not. Two different workouts.

Also a fan of Appling. I think he should be a candidate for that late first round pick.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting to see them taking a look at Posthumus. Lead the NCAA in rebounds for a good chunk of the season and finished fourth overall. I don't think he's a draft candidate right now, but if they like him in workouts, I could see them giving him a summer league spot.
    11 RPG (4th in NCAA), 4.3 OFF (2nd), 17.1 RP40 (1st)
    Last edited by octothorp; Thu May 29th, 2014 at 12:38 PM.
    tank-agnostic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I was hoping that Ennis was workout against Appling but, his not. Two different workouts.

Also a fan of Appling. I think he should be a candidate for that late first round pick.
    You mean late 2nd, right? He's unlikely to get drafted.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    You mean late 2nd, right? He's unlikely to get drafted.
    Yeah, that's what I meant. I personally feel like he was poorly used at MSU. The kid in a blur in the open court. Good defender. He just can't shoot a lick. I think he'd be great value at 59

Defensively, Appling may struggle at times against bigger guards, especially ones who can shoot over him. However, he has decent strength to not allow himself to be backed down and has great lateral quickness, keeping ball handlers in front of him. He can cut off penetration and puts great pressure on the ball.

Appling's value lies in his ability to play solid defense, not make mistakes, and score occasionally in transition. He shows solid potential as a backup point guard, although it will be interesting to see if the faster pace of the NBA helps him break out of the often vanilla style of play he mostly showcased under Tom Izzo. While an improved jump shot will raise his ceiling as a player, Appling could carve out a nice role in the league by playing to his strengths, being a steady ball-handler and continuing to distribute the ball to his teammates while leading a second unit.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz337lunFK2
    http://www.draftexpress.com

@Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    the thing is though, we could have our pick of any player ranked 20 or below.

the rest hinges on Masai and on luck.
    Heavy on the luck. I can't imagine 20 other GM's making the first 20 picks in each of those years on that list didn't do their homework. Well hey, if we use the pick, we have as much opportunity to get lucky as the next team.

Thread Information