The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    I really like his Defensive ability and size. Dude has the potential to be an elite defender. Sort of reminds me of a fusion between Deng and Jimmy Butler, not as good offensively as either of them tho. His jumpshot isn't ugly, just needs to work on it a bit and i think he'll be a decent shooter. Where is he projected currently?
    Early to Mid Second on DX. If he stayed there that'd be pretty epic to grab him with the early 2nd round pick. He should rise though.

Comment

• besides draftexpress and nbadraft.net what sites are you guys using to research prospects?
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        Well that's not true. We'll be a shoe in for top 5 in the East next year, and should take the division too. Then in 2015 we have cap space to bring in a star player like Love or Aldridge. Hardly on the treadmill. You'll just have to "pain" your way through a 50 win season next year.
        Top 5? 50 wins? You think the raps can win MORE games next year? Lol ... The insanity grows.
        Toronto won't have the same roster that got booted in the 1st round this year?
        Washington gets back Nene.
        Chicago gets back DRose.
        Brooklyn gets back Brook Lopez.
        Atlanta gets back Al Horford.
        Charlotte has AlJeff for the full year.
        There won't be 10 teams tanking next year giving away free wins.
        Toronto didn't have any significant injury, career years from almost every player and they'll win MORE? 50 wins? ... Did the NBA expand to 110+ games next year?

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post

Upsiiiiideeee
          Defense!!!!
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            I really like his Defensive ability and size. Dude has the potential to be an elite defender. Sort of reminds me of a fusion between Deng and Jimmy Butler, not as good offensively as either of them tho. His jumpshot isn't ugly, just needs to work on it a bit and i think he'll be a decent shooter. Where is he projected currently?
            Early second round pick but im sure once he gets to to draft combine he's gonna be in that 20-30 range

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
              besides draftexpress and nbadraft.net what sites are you guys using to research prospects?
              Real GM (unfortunately), Hoops Hype, and I've found myself on http://www.eurobasket.com/ checking out some of the Euro guys.

Also, Youtube is a pretty good resource. Interviews, highlights from games for pretty much everyone can be found there.

Comment

• Wiggins wrote: View Post
                Top 5? 50 wins? You think the raps can win MORE games next year? Lol ... The insanity grows.
                Chicago gets back DRose.
                Toronto didn't have any significant injury, career years from almost every player and they'll win MORE? 50 wins? ... Did the NBA expand to 110+ games next year?
                And don't forget the Raps will probably overpay to keep Lowry, a D-League point guard at best.

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                  Defence would be the reason we draft him.
                  More specifically, Joe Johnson. Joe Johnson would be the reason we draft him.

Comment

• Wiggins wrote: View Post
                    Chicago gets back DRose.
                    Washington...what about Gortat, Ariza, Gooden, Booker, will they all be back?
                    Chicago...what do they do with Boozer, who will be their 3rd big? Who backs up the fragile Rose, no PGs under contract for 2014/15
                    Brooklyn...Pierce has no contract, Livingston needs a big raise, Blatche has player option will want more $ Alan Anderson is a FA
                    Atlanta...pretty good shape, looses Brand and will need to pay Antic, but overall should have easy time working with roster
                    Charlotte...No bad shape, but McRoberts will opt out and need to get paid, will also need to find a back-up for Kemba.

Every team has issues, we have a shot at top 5 in the East, or we could regress and miss the playoffs, wont't know how we stack up till November.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      More specifically, Joe Johnson. Joe Johnson would be the reason we draft him.
                      And Carmelo, Lebron, KD, etc

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        And Carmelo, Lebron, KD, etc
                        I don't think anyone can really guard these guys one on one.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          I don't think anyone can really guard these guys one on one.
                          Tony Allen would have something to say about that.
                          "Bruno?
                          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• 20 Toronto Raptors
                            Jerami Grant SF
                            20 years old; 6'8"; 220 lbs.
                            Syracuse, Sophomore

A rangy small forward with size and defensive versatility is something the Raptors have mentioned as being a position of need since their recent encounter with Joe Johnson in the first round of the playoffs. Jerami Grant certainly fills the bill.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz318oy0LmM
                            http://www.draftexpress.com

Draft express seems to agree with Grant being the pick . Draft him and acquire Biyombo and bring back VC. Resign Lowry, GV and PATMAN and that's a good offseason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              20 Toronto Raptors
                              Jerami Grant SF
                              20 years old; 6'8"; 220 lbs.
                              Syracuse, Sophomore

A rangy small forward with size and defensive versatility is something the Raptors have mentioned as being a position of need since their recent encounter with Joe Johnson in the first round of the playoffs. Jerami Grant certainly fills the bill.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz318oy0LmM
                              http://www.draftexpress.com

Draft express seems to agree with Grant being the pick . Draft him and acquire Biyombo and bring back VC. Resign Lowry, GV and PATMAN and that's a good offseason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              That's an ideal offseason in my books.
                              "Bruno?
                              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                The Ariza talk is funny. I doubt he would sign here.

Colangelo went after him with a big contract offer, and he turned it down for a lower salary to play elsewhere. We ended up with Turk instead. Wonderful.
                                man i completely forgot about that, hilarious.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X