Page 197 of 337 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 195 196 197 198 199 207 247 297 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,940 of 6734

Thread: The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    skill, he's the best PG prospect in the draft outside of exum. i'd rather have ennis running my team than smart.
    Debatable. Legitimate argument could be made for LaVine or Elfrid Payton.

I will say that Ennis is the best pure PG prospect though.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
    Dinwiddie was considered a first rounder before the injury.
    Dinwiddie is a baller and he's going to be a great NBA player. I don't think we should draft him, because he's another midsized-at-best SG and we have lots of those, but he's gonna have a great career.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Russ Smith seems like a Casey type of guy
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What if we traded Lowry for Nash and the 7th pick ,

And DD for the 9th pick and Henderson,

And who knows, maybe package those two picks to get a higher pick?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

When are the Raptors going to workout players that can "actually" play??

Besides Ennis last week, they worked out a bunch of scrubs. All the guys they worked out today will be nothing but bench warmers in the NBA.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    When are the Raptors going to workout players that can "actually" play??

Besides Ennis last week, they worked out a bunch of scrubs. All the guys they worked out today will be nothing but bench warmers in the NBA.
    MU is taking 2nd rounders very seriously. Hopefully it'll pay off

Post Thanks / Like

Quote JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post

No way i take any of the guys that they worked out today at 37.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    No way i take any of the guys that they worked out today at 37.
    Don't forget, we have THREE picks, not two.

Never underestimate what a player with motivation can do.

Raptors Republic All-Star YoungGunRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post

2nd Rounders= best bang for your buck.

Besides the franchise-type players in this draft, I think that the 2nd round picks have the potential to be very valuable to many teams such as the Raptors who could (potentially) be striving to keep the team salary as low as possible in anticipation of going for an established superstar.

Payton's stock seems to be rising. As does Clarkson's. If we can one of Payton, Clarkson, or Ennis, I would be very satisfied.

We could use our late 2nd round pick on a 7 footer as a reserve player, and perhaps bring in SF with the 37th pick
    “You can sink and drown, or you can float, and we out here like Michael Phelps."
    Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic Starter Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Boston had just about every SF that we might look at in for their workout today. Kyle Anderson (UCLA); DeAndre Daniels (UConn); Cleanthony Early (Wichita State); P.J. Hairston (North Carolina/Texas Legends of the NBA Development League); K.J. McDaniels (Clemson); and T.J. Warren (North Carolina State).
    Other than Hairston who projects as 2 rather than a 3 these are the guys in the Raps snack bracket at 20 if we go SF. Any body find anything on how the one on ones went with this group ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    Debatable. Legitimate argument could be made for LaVine or Elfrid Payton.

I will say that Ennis is the best pure PG prospect though.
    LaVine? Really? You're going to compare LaVine to the starting PG for the 18 and under US team (Payton) and the best pass first point guard in the NCAA's this year (Ennis)?

Uber-athlete? Yes. Tons of potential? Yes. POINT GUARD prospect? He's not even on the same page as Payton or Ennis.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    Boston had just about every SF that we might look at in for their workout today. Kyle Anderson (UCLA); DeAndre Daniels (UConn); Cleanthony Early (Wichita State); P.J. Hairston (North Carolina/Texas Legends of the NBA Development League); K.J. McDaniels (Clemson); and T.J. Warren (North Carolina State).
    Other than Hairston who projects as 2 rather than a 3 these are the guys in the Raps snack bracket at 20 if we go SF. Any body find anything on how the one on ones went with this group ?
    Good luck finding an honest report on this one. Celtics media is all over the K.Love visit and Saric news instead. I've seen 3 different rumors stating that Anderson, Warren, and Early stood out. What a mess.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Raptors Republic Starter e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    20: Payton/Ennis
    37: Inglis/Dinwiddie
    59: Bachynski

20: Porzingis/Capela
    37: Inglis/Dinwiddie
    59: Carson/Brown

20: McDaniels
    37: Stokes/Tavares
    59: Carson/Brown
    20: Capela
    37: inglis
    59: Russ smith/ Keith appling

20: Mc Daniels
    37: Tavares/stokes
    59: Po (if he's there)/Carson/Ejim

20:Payton
    37: GR3
    59: Bachynski/ P Young
    Last edited by e_wheazhy_; Tue Jun 3rd, 2014 at 06:49 PM.
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I. Want. BACHYNSKI!!!!

So anyone asking for anyone else at 59: you're wrong >.< nanana booboo

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have ESPN Insider, but Hoopshype has posted a lot of interesting quotes from the new Chad Ford article

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...-top-prospects

Multiple league sources say that there are a surprising number of top picks for "sale" this year. "I thought getting a lottery pilck via trade would be virtually impossible this year," one NBA GM told Insider. "It's not. There are a lot of teams in the lottery right now that would prefer a proven player. A lot of owners have lots their patience with the rebuilding process."
    Among the teams that would be open to trading their lottery pick? It's highly likely that the Milwaukee Bucks, Philadelphia 76ers, Orlando Magic and Utah Jazz are all holding their picks.
    Look for the Bucks, Hawks, Mavs, Blazers and Raptors to be especially busy trying to move up or acquire a second pick."
    Some good tidbits for Raptor fans. Anyone have Insider to see if there is further information provided on these items, or other intriguing information about the draft?

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors director of scouting Dan Tolzman:

On impressions of the draft as a whole:
    “It’s great. It’s extremely talented this year. I think … it’s a very good draft to have three [picks]. We’re kind of all across the board, too, at 20, 37 and 59. There is going to be a player on the board at all of those picks.”

On trading up in the draft:
    “You’ve got to be realistic. It’s hard to move up in the draft. Every year, everyone complains about the draft all year long. And then when the draft comes around, everyone loves their draft pick and never want to trade it, because they fall in love with somebody.”

On whether his opinions change during draft workouts:
    “We might have a list of, say, 10 guys or whatever. The order of that, we don’t know what that is. They’re all kind of bunched together. If they can come in and compete in workouts, and hopefully go up against one another if we can set that up, that’s where the jockeying for the position within that list happens. Workouts, they’re important. But we’ve seen these guys so many times. Seeing them in live action is the key anyway.”
    http://sports.nationalpost.com/2014/...014-nba-draft/
    "You don’t know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Shantz wrote: View Post
    I don't have ESPN Insider, but Hoopshype has posted a lot of interesting quotes from the new Chad Ford article

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...-top-prospects

Some good tidbits for Raptor fans. Anyone have Insider to see if there is further information provided on these items, or other intriguing information about the draft?
    here:

However, after pick No. 5 things are much more fluid. Sources say that the Boston Celtics, Los Angeles Lakers, Sacramento Kings, Charlotte Hornets, Timberwolves and Phoenix Suns are all open to offers.

While picks No. 5-14 don't hold the same value as a top-4 pick in this draft (which explains why so many anonymous GMs are now suddenly praising the middle of the lottery and questioning whether there really is a top tier of four players) there still is a lot of talent at this point in the draft and a number of bad teams would love to get their hands on a second pick.

While the Celtics, Lakers, Kings, Hornets, Wolves and Suns aren't likely to get an All-Star for their picks, they should be able to score players or multiple assets that help their teams right now. Look for the Bucks, Hawks, Mavs, Blazers and Raptors to be especially busy trying to move up or acquire a second pick.
    All three players helped themselves at the NBA combine, despite not playing in the drills. Their measurements and athletic testing were terrific. And all three were impressive in their individual workout sessions that Insider saw in New York and L.A.

I think Smart still has the lead over those other two and is most likely the second point guard taken after Dante Exum. Depending on where Exum goes, Smart could go as high as No. 4 to the Magic.

Payton appears to be closing the gap considerably -- something reflected in Payton's move to No. 13 on our Big Board. Several team sources say he's in the mix at No. 8 in Sacramento after a terrific workout there. The Hornets at No. 9 and the Magic at No. 12 are possibilities, as well. I doubt he gets past the Bulls or Raptors in the mid-first round.

Ennis is also more than holding his own and looks to be sitting in that same range between No. 8 and No. 20.
    sound pretty unlikely that Payton will still be there at our pick

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    LaVine? Really? You're going to compare LaVine to the starting PG for the 18 and under US team (Payton) and the best pass first point guard in the NCAA's this year (Ennis)?

Uber-athlete? Yes. Tons of potential? Yes. POINT GUARD prospect? He's not even on the same page as Payton or Ennis.
    Stop looking at just what the player is right now. You also need to consider the fact that LaVine was forced to play off-ball due to having several more experienced ballhandlers on his team.

LaVine has more upside than either of them imo. More bust potential as well. But then I guess it depends on what you mean by "best" prospect. Ennis is definitely the safest one, but he has the least upside of the 3 imo.

Thread Information