No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, my understanding is the same as WJF. Seniors are automatically eligible; it's not possible for a senior to opt out.

I think the only guys who we don't know for certain yet are some of the international guys who could get a look at where their draft stock is and then withdraw before the June 16 early entry withdrawal deadline.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
      Pretty sure once you have used up all your NCAA eligibility you automatically qualify for the draft, no need to declare, you can be picked, similar for foreign players, once you reach a certain age you are auto eligible, if you go undrafted you become a free agent.
      My understanding as well.

WJF wrote:
      Early entry relates to those players that still have NCAA eligibility or have not aged out in Europe yet.
      I've heard the Early Entry Deadline described as being the most meaningless deadline in all of North American Sports, because it still tells the NCAA coaches nothing as too who will be on their team or not.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
        why does chad ford not have inglis in his top 100? i have to imagine it's an oversight and not an opinion?

edit, woops he's number 69. decent chance he falls to us. draftexpress has him at 40, and they're super high on him

ford's calling him a tweener, but draftexpress is saying he can guard 2/3/4. don't know who to trust.
        Inglis could be one of the big steals of the draft if we can get him with the second round pick.
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
          Inglis could be one of the big steals of the draft if we can get him with the second round pick.
          He could be the giannis PO of this year
          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
            He could be the giannis PO of this year
            that's what i thought too, but then ford described him as a tweener, which i assume means he may not be fast enough to guard the wing? he didn't look especially quick in his video and he is listed as lacking explosiveness

so that got me a little worried :P now i don't know what to think
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
              that's what i thought too, but then ford described him as a tweener, which i assume means he may not be fast enough to guard the wing? he didn't look especially quick in his video and he is listed as lacking explosiveness

so that got me a little worried :P now i don't know what to think
              Hey, if we get him with our second, and he doesn't pan out, it's a second, no biggie.

But if he does transition into an above average wing defender, the awesome! Steal!

Comment

Hey, if we get him with our second, and he doesn't pan out, it's a second, no biggie.

But if he does transition into an above average wing defender, the awesome! Steal!
                Word. Low risk, high reward. Seriously hope he'll be on the board at 37.
                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                  Word. Low risk, high reward. Seriously hope he'll be on the board at 37.
                  We can all hope together.

Comment

We can all hope together.
                    Ill be hosting the first ever Raptors Draft Hope-a-thon. We can pray to the basketball gods.

There'll be cake.
                    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                      Ill be hosting the first ever Raptors Draft Hope-a-thon. We can pray to the basketball gods.

There'll be cake.
                      Lets hope wiggins falls to #20

and our SF problem is solved
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        Lets hope wiggins falls to #20

and our SF problem is solved
                        There won't be enough gifs in the world to capture my excitement

Comment

Could he be a James Johnson type of player...with a better head on his shoulder? I have not really seen much of Inglis, but he has nice size, described as a good defender, if he can show he can hit am open shot he would be a nice addition.
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                            Could he be a James Johnson type of player...with a better head on his shoulder? I have not really seen much of Inglis, but he has nice size, described as a good defender, if he can show he can hit am open shot he would be a nice addition.
                            He's shooting almost 40% from 3 in the top french league - supposedly that's at the same level as Batum was in that league.

My concern is he doesn't look super quick. But he's 6'8, 225 with a 7'5 wingspan, a half decent stroke, good nose for the ball, nice passing instincts. He's also the youngest player in the draft.

He doesn't have much of a handle and isn't too explosive. If he's forced to guard 4s, he really loses a lot of his advantage. Does anyone else think he might be a tweener?
                            "Bruno?
                            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• From what I've sen from Inglis, he is as much a tweener as Batum is.

Which is a good thing.
                              Myself (March 2014):
                              The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                My understanding as well.

I've heard the Early Entry Deadline described as being the most meaningless deadline in all of North American Sports, because it still tells the NCAA coaches nothing as too who will be on their team or not.
                                The NCAA deadline for early entrants to withdraw from the draft (I think it was April 15 this year) is meaningless in that players continue to declare as early entrants up until April 30. The April 30 deadline was significant to some coaches as that was the date that we knew for sure that players like Montrexl Harrell, Marcus Lee, Willie Cauley Stein, Caris Lavert, and Brice Johnson were coming back to their NCAA teams for the 2014-15 season.
                                Last edited by stretch; Tue May 13, 2014, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X