• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    Some love for Doug McDermott

ice cold!

Visiting team too!

2nd 1st round pick in the teens I would not be opposed to Dougie.

Comment

• I wonder how many of these guys would have gone 1st overall in last years draft. I'd say at least 5 of them but likely more

Comment

• From Seth Davis' mailbag on SI.com

" If you had to list [Duke's Jabari] Parker, [Kentucky's Julius] Randle, and [Kansas' Andrew] Wiggins in order of greatness with no ties, what would it be so far based solely on this early college season?

-- John Park, Newport News, Va.

Oklahoma State guard Marcus Smart and Arizona State guard Jahii Carson (not to mention Wisconsin forward Frank Kaminsky) made it clear this week that there are some very good non-freshman in college hoops this season. But I do recognize that much of the early excitement has been generated by the three superfrosh. So until further notice, my order is listed exactly in the order that John placed them: Parker, then Randle, then Wiggins.

The reason I chose Parker for the top spot is because he excels in the most areas of the game. People doubted his athletic ability before the season began, but he has established that he's at least comparable to Wiggins, if not equal to him, in that department."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...#ixzz2lNxTfYgW

I haven't seen a lot of Carson or Kaminsky but will have to check them out.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          From Seth Davis' mailbag on SI.com

" If you had to list [Duke's Jabari] Parker, [Kentucky's Julius] Randle, and [Kansas' Andrew] Wiggins in order of greatness with no ties, what would it be so far based solely on this early college season?

-- John Park, Newport News, Va.

Oklahoma State guard Marcus Smart and Arizona State guard Jahii Carson (not to mention Wisconsin forward Frank Kaminsky) made it clear this week that there are some very good non-freshman in college hoops this season. But I do recognize that much of the early excitement has been generated by the three superfrosh. So until further notice, my order is listed exactly in the order that John placed them: Parker, then Randle, then Wiggins.

The reason I chose Parker for the top spot is because he excels in the most areas of the game. People doubted his athletic ability before the season began, but he has established that he's at least comparable to Wiggins, if not equal to him, in that department."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...#ixzz2lNxTfYgW

I haven't seen a lot of Carson or Kaminsky but will have to check them out.
          I would definitely label Parker as athletic but he is NOWHERE near the same class as Wiggins.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            I would definitely label Parker as athletic but he is NOWHERE near the same class as Wiggins.
            very few are though tbh
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ice cold!

Visiting team too!

2nd 1st round pick in the teens I would not be opposed to Dougie.
              My high school teammate plays on that team. He told me he can't stay in front of anyone at practise and he just doesn't have the length or enough strength for good post D.

Can't guard right no one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                My high school teammate plays on that team. He told me he can't stay in front of anyone at practise and he just doesn't have the length or enough strength for good post D.

Can't guard right no one!

Sounds like your former teammate is a dick to be honest. I was always of the belief you have your teammate's back in private or public conversation.

Everyone has weaknesses. What separates players with weaknesses is their strength. If you are average in your strengths suddenly your weaknesses are a bigger problem. If you are elite in your strengths (especially scoring the ball) suddenly your weaknesses are not that big of a concern.

In Dougie's case I can live with that considering he is elite in his scoring:

26 points on 17 shots with 56/53/78 shooting percentages in 28 minutes per game is crazy even in 3 games.

Crazier is it is essentially what he did for the previous 2 seasons.

I think a Kyle Korver/Steve Novak comparison is a good one. If you can get near that type of production (Korver) for 4 years on a mid first round pick, I think you've done pretty good.

Comment

• yeah. essentially, if you can do one thing really really well you can definitely make a career in the nba. add Dougie's high basketball IQ and fundamentals and you've got yourself a solid role player. i'd drop a mid first rounder on him no problem.

i'll put it to you this way, i'd rather take a guy like Doug than either of the two Harrison twins who already have worse body language than my 2 year old daughter when i tell her to stop climbing onto the table.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Sounds like your former teammate is a dick to be honest. I was always of the belief you have your teammate's back in private or public conversation.

Everyone has weaknesses. What separates players with weaknesses is their strength. If you are average in your strengths suddenly your weaknesses are a bigger problem. If you are elite in your strengths (especially scoring the ball) suddenly your weaknesses are not that big of a concern.

In Dougie's case I can live with that considering he is elite in his scoring:

26 points on 17 shots with 56/53/78 shooting percentages in 28 minutes per game is crazy even in 3 games.

Crazier is it is essentially what he did for the previous 2 seasons.

I think a Kyle Korver/Steve Novak comparison is a good one. If you can get near that type of production (Korver) for 4 years on a mid first round pick, I think you've done pretty good.
                    In most drafts, I'd love to get a Korver for a mid-first round but in this year, I might aim for a little higher production.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I've been a fan of McDermott for a long time. I've been following him since his freshman year. And i tell you something, he is no Korver/Novak. He is MUCH better than those 2 players.

Korver and Novak basically are spot up 3 pt shooters. Catch and shoot guys. McDermott is more than that. He can post you up, he's very slick, he can score from a variety of ways. He's got high basketball IQ. He's hit a ton of clutch shots/game winners in his 3 years with the Blue Jays. He's a really good player.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        I've been a fan of McDermott for a long time. I've been following him since his freshman year. And i tell you something, he is no Korver/Novak. He is MUCH better than those 2 players.

Korver and Novak basically are spot up 3 pt shooters. Catch and shoot guys. McDermott is more than that. He can post you up, he's very slick, he can score from a variety of ways. He's got high basketball IQ. He's hit a ton of clutch shots/game winners in his 3 years with the Blue Jays. He's a really good player.
                        Those traits are all apparent at the college level. Do you think it translates to the NBA? I'm not so sure.

An example: Hansbrough is the all-time leader in the ACC yet in the NBA he is hardly a dominant scorer.

Comment

...An example: Hansbrough is the all-time leader in the ACC yet in the NBA he is hardly a dominant scorer.
                          Taking nothing away from Tyler, but he put up those scoring numbers over 4 seasons of college ball. world of difference between the ACC and the NBA.

Comment

• How long do you think Doug has been in college?

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                              Taking nothing away from Tyler, but he put up those scoring numbers over 4 seasons of college ball. world of difference between the ACC and the NBA.
                              That was the point.

Same reason why I think McDermott is likely to translate to a Korver at best and Novak at worst in the NBA.

Comment

• Parker and Hood are the NCAA DeRozan and Gay.... except they are efficient and both clean the glass.

Parker with another stellar game with 26 and 9 on 11-16 shooting. Has not scored less than 21 in his NCAA career and has only shot less than .500 once (8-18).

But bring on that 4th seed! Whooo!

Comment

Working...
                                X