The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    It is annoying man.. but wishing an athlete career-ending injury is not cool. Not cool.
    I didn't really take it like that. I just took at as wanting everything to blow up in Cleveland's face....which would pretty much just be a continuation of how things have been there the last few years.

I don't think anyone wishes Embiid to lose a career to injuries...but the possibility is definitely there. He's a big guy who's had 2 stress fractures in his back. He'll only get bigger and have more stress on his back in years to come.

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
      Well Cleveland has got the 1st pick 3 out of the last 4 years. There's something there. And the year they didn't get it they got the 4th pick. I see something greater happening here
      The post was pretty classless. Take a second before you hit that send button. Please and thank you.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Comment

• I can also see Cleveland overreacting to their recent poor drafting and go for the "safe" pick in Parker.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          I can also see Cleveland overreacting to their recent poor drafting and go for the "safe" pick in Parker.
          this dude can't defend, they'll take Embiid or Wiggins.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
            The post was pretty classless. Take a second before you hit that send button. Please and thank you.

Sorry, the conspiracy part?
            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

TWolves would gladly take that, but that is a bad trade for Cleveland. Love will bolt at the end of the year.

Obviously they need to make sure they can re-sign him first.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                Sorry, the conspiracy part?
                Are you kidding me right now?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                  this dude can't defend, they'll take Embiid or Wiggins.
                  I don't think that'll play into it. If they think he's a safer pick and they're stupidly worried about the bad publicity of another wasted draft pick, they could take him. They clearly haven't been using D as a measuring stick the last few years anyway. And also, Embiid is going to be a project all around, including on D. He got blocks, but fundamentally his D was pretty bad.

Comment

Are you kidding me right now?

Oopppsssss, just saw it, won't happen again
                    It kinda just slipped out
                    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      Obviously they need to make sure they can re-sign him first.
                      Yeah, I can't see Love agreeing to an extension with Cleveland. He'd be going from one hopeless team to another who's situation is even more dire. He wants to play for a winner. Cleveland is not that. At least not yet.

Comment

• Not mentioned yet but at least neither the lakers or celtics moved into the top three. For anyone on the "develop a perennially winning team and then sign wiggins etc.", that dream is still very much alive.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                          Not mentioned yet but at least neither the lakers or celtics moved into the top three. For anyone on the "develop a perennially winning team and then sign wiggins etc.", that dream is still very much alive.
                          Yep. Not to mention LA's pick may be on the trade block...Though I don't know if the cost would be worth it.

Comment

• Im sure the Bucks will take Jabari Parker with the 2nd pick, if he is available.

A lineup of Brandon Knight, OJ, Alphabet, Parker, and Colonel Sanders is one full of youth and limitless promise.

Philly can't complain either. Regardless of what happens, they will get one of Parker, Wiggins, or Embiid. They also have a pick at the 10 spot, and 3 more in the second round.

I can see them having a lineup of MCW, Gary Harris/James Young, Wiggins (Hopefully for them, they will be set with him at the 3), Thad Young, and Noel.

I just realized that Chicago has 2 first round picks as well (16 and 19). It will be interesting to see whether or not they use them or package them for a bigger catch such as Love or Carmelo.
                            I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                            -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• Too bad for the Lakers.

Cleveland need to trade a bunch of their young players to create some balance.
                              This might have been the worst thing to happen to them.

Their starting lineup looks like

Kyrie
                              Tristan
                              AB
                              Waiters
                              Wiggins/Parker

There are not enough basketballs to go around for those kids (They all need the ball in their hands). Also, not that fast for such a young lineup. And none of those 5 (unless they get Parker) you would say has a high B-Ball IQ. I think this pick is going to be available if a team is willing to take Waiters.

Comment

• YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                                Im sure the Bucks will take Jabari Parker with the 2nd pick, if he is available.

A lineup of Brandon Knight, OJ, Alphabet, Parker, and Colonel Sanders is one full of youth and limitless promise.

Philly can't complain either. Regardless of what happens, they will get one of Parker, Wiggins, or Embiid. They also have a pick at the 10 spot, and 3 more in the second round.

I can see them having a lineup of MCW, Gary Harris/James Young, Wiggins (Hopefully for them, they will be set with him at the 3), Thad Young, and Noel.

I just realized that Chicago has 2 first round picks as well (16 and 19). It will be interesting to see whether or not they use them or package them for a bigger catch such as Love or Carmelo.
                                I don't know why they would take Parker over Wiggins in Milwaukee. Antetokounmpo seems like a natural SF. Parker may not fit well at the 4, and if he does they have a glut of bigs and lots of money invested in them. Wiggins projects to be able to play SG or SF. A wing tandem of Giannis and Wiggins could be insane defensively. I think it makes way more sense for them to draft Wiggins.

Comment

Working...
                                X