Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    I can't see Cleveland trading the pick.

They are guaranteed 5 years with who ever they draft.

They could trade for DD and he'd be gone in 2 seasons if he choose, as you said.

The Cavs have been looking for a SF since you know who left.

No way they pass up Wiggins or Parker, in my opinion.
    Disagree. I think the Cavs are looking at Embiid first and foremost. If his health checks out, they take him imo.

ESPN agrees with me http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2014/sto...d=SportsCenter

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
      Disagree. I think the Cavs are looking at Embiid first and foremost. If his health checks out, they take him imo.

ESPN agrees with me http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2014/sto...d=SportsCenter
      In the last 24 hours ESPN has put out Parker at #1, Wiggins at #1, and now Embiid at #1.

I think highlighting my signature is appropriate at this time:

Basketball has clear winners every night --
      except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

So much bullshit coming out over the next 6 weeks it is going to be ridiculous - especially when you consider the players possibly traded and the teams looking to trade up, down, or out.

Comment

In the last 24 hours ESPN has put out Parker at #1, Wiggins at #1, and now Embiid at #1.

I think highlighting my signature is appropriate at this time:

Basketball has clear winners every night --
        except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

So much bullshit coming out over the next 6 weeks it is going to be ridiculous - especially when you consider the players possibly traded and the teams looking to trade up, down, or out.
        You said "no way" they pass up on Wiggins or Parker which means you think Embiid isn't even on the table. That's why I disagree.

Comment

You said "no way" they pass up on Wiggins or Parker which means you think Embiid isn't even on the table. That's why I disagree.

It is a forum - feel free to disagree. In fact, I embrace it, love it, cherish it.

However when you state your opinion with "ESPN agrees with me" you don't come off as someone merely stating a differing opinion. It reminds me of a couple of former posters around here who you share a remarkable number of similarities with.

Comment

It is a forum - feel free to disagree. In fact, I embrace it, love it, cherish it.

However when you state your opinion with "ESPN agrees with me" you don't come off as someone merely stating a differing opinion. It reminds me of a couple of former posters around here who you share a remarkable number of similarities with.
            Relax, I wasn't slighting you. Why do you get so offended every time someone disagrees with you?

Comment

Relax, I wasn't slighting you. Why do you get so offended every time someone disagrees with you?
              Wow how ironic is that coming from you looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                Wow how ironic is that coming from you looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
                Not at all?

Comment

• If MU is a good GM, then he needs to be something magical with this PICK ...

Comment

• Cleveland could make out like bandidts here and rectify some past sins. They could possibly trade hometown boy Dion Wiaters + Anthony Bennet + 2015 first + 2016 first to Philly for this years 3rd overall. Philly adds top talent at affordable prices to MCW and Nerlens Noel for round 2 of the rebuild. They get a SG which they don't have and PF which they don't have and two future firsts.
                    Cleveland then takes Embiid at 1 and then takes one of Wiggins/Parker after the Bucks make their choice.
                    No shortage of what ifs at draft time..

As for the Raps.. The Mendoza Line for Tier 1 talent arguably ends at 6 or 7. We will get a solid rotation player at the 20 ( Anderson, Hood, Payton, Payne, Warren) which would be about 8th spot on the bench and we can take a project at 37 (Stokes / McGary). Try to sign Monroe as a RFA (likely have to not pick up Amirs option and drop DeColo's contract to free up capspace) or if not that perhaps put out an offer on Luol Deng to fill the SF void that we have.
                    Again. no shortage of chess moves at draft and FA time.
                    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed May 21, 2014, 12:51 PM.
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                      Bleacher report released player comparisons for the too 50 prospects:

Jarnell Stokes - Chuck Hayes
                      Jerami Grant - Darius Miles
                      Damien Inglis - slasher version of Sefolosha
                      Early- poor man's Harrison Barnes
                      Kyle Anderson- Boris Diaw/Jalen Rose hybrid
                      Vonleh- Chris Bosh
                      Wiggins - Paul George/ Dominique Wilkins Hybrid
                      Also

Tyler Ennis - DJ Augustine/Mario Chalmers (ESPN's Jeff Goodman called Ennis "a starting point guard on a bad team, backup on a good (team)," and said that "he's DJ Augustine-ish.") damn what a diss

Nik Stauskas - Klay Thompson.

Doug McDermott - Wally Szczerbiak/Tracy Murray

Adreian Payne - Poor man's Rasheed Wallace/Robert Horry
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                        Cleveland could make out like bandidts here and rectify some past sins. They could possibly trade hometown boy Dion Wiaters + Anthony Bennet + 2015 first + 2016 first to Philly for this years 3rd overall. Philly adds top talent at affordable prices to MCW and Nerlens Noel for round 2 of the rebuild. They get a SG which they don't have and PF which they don't have and two future firsts.
                        Cleveland then takes Embiid at 1 and then takes one of Wiggins/Parker after the Bucks make their choice.

Will Philly do it ?? I don't think so ... They probably would want Thompson in there as well or instead of Bennet ... Bennet has ZERO value right now. But even if they want Thompson, I will do it. Imagine a line up or ... Kyrie, Wiggens, Parker and James in 2 years ... Hello , 5 more straight ring please.

Comment

• Has anyone noticed how Payne is all of a sudden in the lottery in a lot of mock drafts now? I guess scoring 41 while you have mono will do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                            Cleveland could make out like bandidts here and rectify some past sins. They could possibly trade hometown boy Dion Wiaters + Anthony Bennet + 2015 first + 2016 first to Philly for this years 3rd overall. Philly adds top talent at affordable prices to MCW and Nerlens Noel for round 2 of the rebuild. They get a SG which they don't have and PF which they don't have and two future firsts.

As for the Raps.. The Mendoza for Tier 1 talent arguably ends at 6 or 7. We will get a solid rotation player at the 20 ( Anderson, Hood, Payton, Payne, Warren) which would be about 8th spot on the bench and we can take a project at 37 (Stokes / McGary). Try to sign Monroe as a RFA (likely have to not pick up Amirs option and drop DeColo's contract) or perhaps put out an offer on Luol Deng.
                            Again. no shortage of chess moves at draft and FA time.
                            You can't trade consecutive picks (2015+2016) and Philly is a VERY well managed team at the moment. They're not going to trade a potential superstar for mediocre players like Waiters and Bennett.

Comment

You can't trade consecutive picks (2015+2016) and Philly is a VERY well managed team at the moment. They're not going to trade a potential superstar for mediocre players like Waiters and Bennett.
                              Technically the Raptors could, since they have 2 picks in 2016, so trading one would still leave them with the other.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                Also

Tyler Ennis - DJ Augustine/Mario Chalmers (ESPN's Jeff Goodman called Ennis "a starting point guard on a bad team, backup on a good (team)," and said that "he's DJ Augustine-ish.") damn what a diss

Nik Stauskas - Klay Thompson.

Doug McDermott - Wally Szczerbiak/Tracy Murray

Adreian Payne - Poor man's Rasheed Wallace/Robert Horry
                                Yeah, pretty far from a compliment. Also, it's like the guy never watched Ennis play. His game really doesn't resemble either of those guys at all. Now, Ennis could very well be a starter on a bad team or backup on a good team....but he does not play like Augustin or Chalmers at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X