Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Time will tell.

He could also be waiting to December 15 (as he said) and making sure the Raptors get top value for their assets. Nothing like telling everyone you want to trade a guy to kill his value, eh Colangelo? lol

Regarding early season, last year Orlando started 7-5 and ended the year with 20 wins (19 and 20 came in game 81 and 82) for the 2nd worst record in the league.
    The thing is Orlando went into the season bad already and over acheived at the start right? We're going in with a team ready to take a stab at the playoffs. If MU wanted to tank why would he wait until December 15, to dismantle that team? So he could up the value of Gay and DeRozan? I don't buy it. As you said, time will tell.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
      The thing is Orlando went into the season bad already and over acheived at the start right? We're going in with a team ready to take a stab at the playoffs. If MU wanted to tank why would he wait until December 15, to dismantle that team? So he could up the value of Gay and DeRozan? I don't buy it. As you said, time will tell.
      Trades are harder to make to match up the numbers when free agents can't be traded.

Nearly half the league is untradeable until Dec. 15.

Comment

Thankfully it had not gone off course.

But I do thank you for your concern.

Glad we finally got the bold straight lol

But in seriousness it was originally a sarcastic comment indeed but it was meant to highlight Parker and his crazy talent. Everyone talking about Wiggins #1 I continue to believe that is not going to happen based on performances thus far.
        Alright bud.

Comment

• A guy I am interested in for a late 2nd round (or undrafted) guy is PG Keith Appling of Michigan State. The Senior PG is 6'2 but has a skinny frame. He's led the Spartans to back-to-back Sweet Sixteen's and scored 27 points in their last game, despite early foul trouble. If he can help lead the #1 team to another deep run, I wouldn't be surprised to see him sneak into the draft.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Trades are harder to make to match up the numbers when free agents can't be traded.

Nearly half the league is untradeable until Dec. 15.
            Yeah I can't remember where I saw the chart, but there are peaks and valleys in NBA trade activity. The peaks are in June, July and Dec-Feb.

Comment

• Draft Net's latest big board (updated Sunday).

http://www.nbadraft.net/ranking/bigboard

Rodney Hood jumped 19 spots to 7th. Joel Embiid climbed 6 spots into 3rd.

Good look at some lower names (Canada's own Nik Stauskas climbed 12 spots to 89th) that might crawl their way into the draft.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Speaking of Canadians, how about Olivier Hanlan climbing into the top 25? Even midway through last year, I think not many Canadian hoops fans had even followed him, and now he's probably the top-ranked Canadian in the NCAA not named Wiggins. I've seen a few mocks that have him as a first-rounder either this year or next (draftexpress has him #20 in 2015). I think he projects as a solid second unit scoring PG, though right now I wouldn't spend a first-round pick on a pure scorer; he really needs to work on passing and defense.

(Sorry, nothing Raptors-relevant in this post.)

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                  Speaking of Canadians, how about Olivier Hanlan climbing into the top 25? Even midway through last year, I think not many Canadian hoops fans had even followed him, and now he's probably the top-ranked Canadian in the NCAA not named Wiggins. I've seen a few mocks that have him as a first-rounder either this year or next (draftexpress has him #20 in 2015). I think he projects as a solid second unit scoring PG, though right now I wouldn't spend a first-round pick on a pure scorer; he really needs to work on passing and defense.

(Sorry, nothing Raptors-relevant in this post.)
                  Raps are going to have possibly 3 second rounders!

Not just about the top 5.

Comment

• Yeah, I just mean I wasn't addressing anything specifically Raptors-related. I just brought up Hanlan because he's Canadian and doing well. If someone wants to make an argument for how he'd fit on the Raptors, I'd be interested to hear that.

Comment

Raps are going to have possibly 3 second rounders!

Not just about the top 5.
                      The more I think about it the more I want Aaron Craft in the 2nd round with one of those picks. A 2nd round back-up PG who can defend at an elite level would be such an advantage. Send him for a 1 man full court press and force turnovers (and hopefully force the other team to play their starter even more minutes) could be a big momentum shift and allow our starting PG to rest more.

Comment

Parker and Hood are the NCAA DeRozan and Gay.... except they are efficient and both clean the glass.

Parker with another stellar game with 26 and 9 on 11-16 shooting. Has not scored less than 21 in his NCAA career and has only shot less than .500 once (8-18).

But bring on that 4th seed! Whooo!
                        It's not fair to compare player in college to NBA player. It's too different games. Both Rudy and DD were fairly efficient in college. The fact that Parker and Hood are efficient in college doesn't mean they will be in the NBA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Actually, if he decides to come out this year or if we're still looking for a PG next year, I'd be interested in Tyler Ennis. Versatile scoring, excellent pick-and-roll ability, and so far he's been better than expected at the defensive end so far.

Comment

• Smart gone apeshit again tonight. 23 points at the half. His lack of assists worries me though. However his D is insane.

Comment

• Hood does nothing for me. Too 1 dimensional and he's not even THAT great at what he does.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Jahii Carson is interesting.

Size is an issue but Ty Lawson managed - lol
                                Like him too. He'll be in that 15-20 range as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X