Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stooley wrote: View Post
    bpa
    I honestly feel like they need to trade that pick or one of kanters/favours for some veteran presences. They have too much young talent and that talent is gonna start too want pay raises
    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
      I honestly feel like they need to trade that pick or one of kanters/favours for some veteran presences. They have too much young talent and that talent is gonna start too want pay raises
      you're right. could we use favors? I really don't know much about him
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• There's no chance Ennis goes later than #20 unless we trade down for some reason, because if he's available at 20 it's pretty obvious Masai plans to pick him.

As for Utah and the #5 - they're going to try to trade up for Jabari Parker. They may not succeed, but damn sure they're going to try and use Kanter and maybe Alec Burks as a package to trade up.

Comment

Utah would be asking derozan AND ross for him. Not worth it though he is still 22 and Utah fans are calling him the next Dwight Howard. Plus dudes making like 12 mill a year making him the highest paid player on the raptors
          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
            Why would Utah want him. They have kanter and favours. They are going after a wing or exam or something
            No Jefferson and kanter only started 37 of 80 games.... Why is that?

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
              There's no chance Ennis goes later than #20 unless we trade down for some reason, because if he's available at 20 it's pretty obvious Masai plans to pick him.

As for Utah and the #5 - they're going to try to trade up for Jabari Parker. They may not succeed, but damn sure they're going to try and use Kanter and maybe Alec Burks as a package to trade up.
              What happens if Payton and ennis are on the board for Masai?

I think Payton will have better career but the hometown kid?????

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                What happens if Payton and ennis are on the board for Masai?

I think Payton will have better career but the hometown kid?????
                I don't like the idea of picking a hometown kid. A lot of pressure to be the PG of the future. Ennis seems like the type of kid to handle that well.

I too agree Payton will have the better career but if Ennis becomes a all-star and Masai passes on him. With this fan base it could cost with his job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Ennis vs. Payton is really, really tough.

I think I go Ennis, my opinion is he's actually underrated right now.
                  "Bruno?
                  Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                  He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• I would choose Ennis.

But I would be happy with Payton.
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Masai views the odds of getting a successful 2nd round pick greater than that of winning on "R-r-r-r-oll up the Rim to Win" (1 in 6 for Tim's):

The Raptors previously placed little value on second-round selections, since the success rate on these is so low (Ujiri said if you hit on 20% of them, you are doing okay; 40%, well-above average), but Ujiri stated when he arrived that acquiring and developing young talent will be one of his keys.

“It takes them some time (he said of most second-rounders), it takes them a longer route and then you can get lucky. Sometimes it’s luck, a lot of the times, maybe we can get lucky, too.”
                      It would be awesome to nail a 2nd round pick. Ujiri worked in Utah as scout when they drafted Millsap and Miles in 2006 - two guys still playing in the NBA 8 years later.

Meanwhile, the seconds could be used to either draft someone or in a package to move up, or to acquire a player.

“They are valuable, depending on roster spots, trades, who is available, to move up, they are very valuable to us and I think this year we are taking them very serious,” Ujiri said.

“We’re going to look at all options.”

Regardless of where the picks are made, the team will not draft for need, instead opting for the best player available. The front office believes it will nab a good talent, even if it stays at 20.
                      http://www.lfpress.com/2014/05/30/ra...nd-round-picks

This year's draft night should be more fun than recent memory with 3 picks, expiring deals, and Bell/Rogers hopefully opening the vault.

Comment

• Payton's agent has told him 12-21.

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...iew-Video-4578

Comment

• Nice read on Ennis:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...celerated-path

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            Seems pretty level headed, if you can tell that in a 2 1/2 minute video clip. Confidence is good. He's going to need it when he faces NBA competition. Is it just me or do almost all of these rookies rate themselves too high? And then three months into the season..."Well, the biggest surprise for me was how much faster, bigger and stronger everyone is. Every night you are facing some guy who is better than pretty much everyone you faced in college."

Comment

• Is it draft night yet? If the Spurs don't go through then I'll have zero interest in watching the finals. I hate watching the OKC free-throw parade, and Miami will easily beat them.

Comment

We could always use favors. (Lol)

Don't think Utah would want anything we got
                                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Working...
                                X