• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #11 for Hayes + Salmons?

They get vets.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      If Denver is looking for a veteran I'm not sure the Raptors have anything to offer because you could say the Raptors are looking for the same thing. Plus, I think they are the thinnest at SG.. and the Raptors don't really have one to offer.
      Which is hilarious that they could be shopping it, since a lot of the good SGs are likely to be on the board when they draft...Stauskas, Harris, Young...someone who could be very good could be available.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Which is hilarious that they could be shopping it, since a lot of the good SGs are likely to be on the board when they draft...Stauskas, Harris, Young...someone who could be very good could be available.
        Yeah.. I actually don't think their shopping it. Drafting is very political. Wouldn't be surprised if they kept it and picked one of the guys you listed. LaVine could be another guy on that list. They are already a fast/dynamic team. Why not add another athletic guy to the roster? Lawson and LaVine could make a lethal back court (assuming LaVine reaches his potential).

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Yeah.. I actually don't think their shopping it. Drafting is very political. Wouldn't be surprised if they kept it and picked one of the guys you listed. LaVine could be another guy on that list. They are already a fast/dynamic team. Why not add another athletic guy to the roster? Lawson and LaVine could make a lethal back court (assuming LaVine reaches his potential).
          Well in another post further up I mention how I don't like LaVine.

But ignoring that, I also figure if they're even taking calls for veteran help, possibly at SG, they'd probably take a safer pick than LaVine. Harris and Stauskas both seem like pretty safe bets, and Young seems safer than LaVine to me as well. Harris and Young arguably have higher ceilings as well as SGs (better size and skills displayed), and Stauskas may be the safest pick in terms of floor.

Comment

• Yeah, I would take Stauskas over Harris, mostly because of height, which will really help him being able to get his shot off.
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Very unlikely he falls anywhere near 20 but James Young would look great in the 3 spot. 6'7 with 7'0 wing span, not quite the athlete McDaniels is but with those measurables he can definitely be an impact player on defense but is not a complete project on offence like McDaniels. I wonder if there is a situation where masai can trade up and how costly it would it be to do it. Not sure we'd have to trade up as high as the denver pick that is being shopped to get him either, prolly somewhere around 13-16
              "you can't be playing checkers, on no chess board yoo!" - D'angelo

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                Yeah, I would take Stauskas over Harris, mostly because of height, which will really help him being able to get his shot off.
                True, but Harris at this point has shown more all-around talent on both ends. It would depend what you're looking for. And Young has better size and physical tools than either, but needs more polish.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                  #11 for Hayes + Salmons?

They get vets.
                  Somewhere Casey screams, "godammit no!"

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    True, but Harris at this point has shown more all-around talent on both ends. It would depend what you're looking for. And Young has better size and physical tools than either, but needs more polish.
                    I don't think I would agree that Harris has shown more on offense than Stauskas. Nick showed an advanced passing game this year year averaging over 3 assists per game, better than Harris. He also shot the ball extremely well, and overall much better than Harris. Harris shot 43% overall from the field and 35% from 3, Stauskas shot 47% from the field and 44% from 3.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                      I don't think I would agree that Harris has shown more on offense than Stauskas. Nick showed an advanced passing game this year year averaging over 3 assists per game, better than Harris. He also shot the ball extremely well, and overall much better than Harris. Harris shot 43% overall from the field and 35% from 3, Stauskas shot 47% from the field and 44% from 3.
                      I said on both ends. Harris showed more on D and comparable abilities on O.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• i'd take stauskas over harris any day of the week

stauskas value goes beyond his shooting, which he's better than harris at anyways. he's got great court vision and is has underrated handles and passing ability.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• for the record i wouldn't take Lavine as a PG, i don't think he's a PG. he's a SG.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• and yeah james young would be awesome if he fell to us too
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                              i'd take stauskas over harris any day of the week

stauskas value goes beyond his shooting, which he's better than harris at anyways. he's got great court vision and is has underrated handles and passing ability.
                              And Harris' passing and handles suck? I'd say Harris' handles are better (maybe not strictly speaking, but coupled with his athleticism which isn't even spectacular he's a bigger threat to penetrate with the ball), and his vision is comparable (he averaged .6 less assists in less minutes). Harris also rebounds and defends better despite being smaller by a couple of inches.

Comment

• Lavine is a PG. His future NBA team is drafting him as a PG.
                                Last edited by stretch; Tue Jun 10, 2014, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X