• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    This is Harvey Grant's kid; Horace Grant's nephew:

uhh nice one!

Comment

• The way we are going this season there is no way we have a shot at Joel Embid he's going in Top 5 no doubt. to be honest Jordan Adams of UCLA is really getting my attention

Comment

• yukhan1980 wrote: View Post
        The way we are going this season there is no way we have a shot at Joel Embid he's going in Top 5 no doubt. to be honest Jordan Adams of UCLA is really getting my attention
        He's very talented, but honestly, who does he bump out of the Top 5?
        Wiggins, Randle, Parker, Smart or Exum? Only way he sneaks in is if a team already set at PG picks 4th or 5th.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Dante Exum, one of the best amateur players in the world, is setting up meetings with several prominent agents over the next month in Australia to discuss representation for the 2014 NBA draft, sources told Yahoo Sports.

Exum, a 6-foot-6 guard, and his family will host agents from most of the major North American firms in December and early January in Sydney, sources told Yahoo.

Several agents involved in the process believe that Exum, 18, will turn pro, and expect he'll come over to the United States in February to start working out for the June draft. His father, Cecil, played at the University of North Carolina and in the National Basketball League of Australia.

"I want to make a decision by February," Exum told the Sydney Morning Herald on Monday. "It shouldn't be too hard [a decision] to make."

One major college coach, who had recruited Exum hard on the chance he could come to the United States for a season of college basketball, told Yahoo Sports that he believes Exum will enter the 2014 draft.

Draftexpress.com has Exum rated as the fourth best potential prospect in the draft class, behind only Kansas' Andrew Wiggins, Kentucky's Julius Randle and Duke's Jabari Parker.

Exum is a student at the Australian Institute of Sport. Many NBA executives scouted Exum at the FIBA under-19 Championships and the Nike Hoop Summit in Portland over the past year, and left impressed with his savvy and explosiveness on the court.
          http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--so...74642785.html?

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            He's very talented, but honestly, who does he bump out of the Top 5?
            Wiggins, Randle, Parker, Smart or Exum? Only way he sneaks in is if a team already set at PG picks 4th or 5th.
            Even then, you should be taking the best available player.
            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Chad Ford opined not too long ago that Masai "liked" Exum ...whatever that means.

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                Even then, you should be taking the best available player.
                Yes, but in this draft, is there a wrong pick? Say Cleveland picks 5th, and they are debating between Exum/Smart or Embiid. They already have Kyrie Irving, would taking a 7 footer with "top 5 talent" really be the wrong move?

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                  Chad Ford opined not too long ago that Masai "liked" Exum ...whatever that means.
                  I thought the word was "loves" :P

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    I thought the word was "loves" :P
                    Since paraphrasing shall get us nowhere ....lets see what the canary actually sang...

"....There's no guarantee he can land Wiggins and while Jabari, Exum (who Masai is also a huge fan of) or Randle would be prizes too ..."

That probably trumps both "liked" and "loves".

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      Yes, but in this draft, is there a wrong pick? Say Cleveland picks 5th, and they are debating between Exum/Smart or Embiid. They already have Kyrie Irving, would taking a 7 footer with "top 5 talent" really be the wrong move?
                      Trading the pick for an asset would be the right move.

Comment

• peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
                        They'd only be dropping back one spot or so though. Are you really going to get anything in return?
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
                          Like Stooley said, likely a very low return, assuming you can even get the team to agree. If the #6 pick knows that you want a certain guy and they are open to drafting either, it's not exactly a strong negotiating position.

There are potentially 7 guys with "Top 5 talent" in this draft. I think Best Player Available isn't an issue for anyone picking 4th-7th, as their isn't a wrong choice.

Comment

• UCLA plays tonight.

LaVine
                            Adams
                            ANderson

Comment

• I want Nik Stauskas...I think we should be targetting a late teens early twenties 1st round pick so we can snatch him up.
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Embiid play much better than Wiggins at the Atlantis tournament last weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X