The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    You're right, I misread about his height being 6'7, though his weight and wingspan flutuate from article to article, but definitely has better size for a SF than Ross. I don't know if he has enough to replace Ross in the starting line up, but he could eventually be an upgrade to the back up SF's on our bench. I don't know enough about him to say if he is NBA ready or not.
    It's a tough call. Offensively he doesn't seem to be. Very limited and unpolished. Defensively he does seem to be, but even there Syracuse plays zone so it's hard to tell exactly how his abilities translate and it may take him longer to adjust than hoped.

Comment

• NBADraft.net has compared Damien Inglis to Chris Owens ... Who the F*ck?!

EDIT: Apparently he played 1 game (6 minutes) in the NBA in 2002-03 ... What the F*ck?!
      Last edited by Joey; Thu Jun 12, 2014, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        NBADraft.net has compared Damien Inglis to Chris Owens ... Who the F*ck?!

EDIT: Apparently he played 1 game (6 minutes) in the NBA in 2002-03 ... What the F*ck?!
        nbadraf.net has comparisons that can be completely random and out of nowhere. Sometimes they literally choose a guy because he's physically similar. Sometimes it seems to make no sense at all. I try to ignore them most of the time.

Comment

• Kuh wrote: View Post
          Here's an interesting alternative way of looking at the draft: http://www.hickory-high.com/projecti...014-nba-draft/

They rank Kyle Anderson, Tyler Ennis and Elfred Payton as #3, #7 and #8 in the draft in terms of quality, so if we get any of them, we may be celebrating in years to come. They also say this is an exceptionally deep draft: good news for us again.

They are also predicting some kid called Jordan Adams as the steal of the draft ... and according to DraftExpress he will fall to (after) the Spurs. Let's see if Jordan Adams is indeed drafted by the Spurs (or Dallas).

It's a totally crazy, unexpected rank of the players. And check it out for yourselves (scan to the bottom of the article).
          The history of the ranking isn't really that great. They say it's 'objectively better' than the actual draft, but I don't see it. Jae Crowder, Quincy Miller, Travis Leslie and Will Barton as top 10 picks in the last two drafts? I'd take any of the actual top 10 college college picks over any of those guys.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
            Comparing Inglis to Batum wtf? He doesn't have anywhere near the same type of game, in fact they're basically opposites.

Inglis realistically projects to be Joey Graham, could be better if he really improves his skills a lot. I like him as a draft and stash potentially. But not at #20, no thank you.
            Inglis is pretty much shooting the same percentage from three as Batum was. Although otherwise, they are different players. Inglis is definitely not Joey Graham though. Joey didn't have much potential left at 22, and couldn't play form the perimeter.

octothorp wrote: View Post
            The history of the ranking isn't really that great. They say it's 'objectively better' than the actual draft, but I don't see it. Jae Crowder, Quincy Miller, Travis Leslie and Will Barton as top 10 picks in the last two drafts? I'd take any of the actual top 10 college college picks over any of those guys.
            I don't really like hickory high. All I've seen was their 'stats' awards, but they were pretty dumb. They seem to rely exclusively on stats with zero context.
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                NBADraft.net has compared Damien Inglis to Chris Owens ... Who the F*ck?!

Hey he can dunk. That's enough for some people here.

Comment

• i want clint ahead of payton or ennis
                  "Bruno?
                  He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Capela = Blatche.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Julius Randle @J30_RANDLE
                      Follow
                      I never do this but it was brought to me and it's crazy how people put stories out there and have no clue what they are talking about.
                      12:48 PM - 12 Jun 2014

Julius Randle @J30_RANDLE
                      Follow
                      No disrespect but check with the actual source next time before you put something like that out there @WojYahooNBA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        Capela = Blatche.
                        That doesn't make sense. Two totally different skills set.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          That doesn't make sense. Two totally different skills set.

Strengths:
                          -Tremendous physical attributes
                          -Great frame
                          -Long arms
                          -Huge hands
                          -Terrific athlete
                          -Excellent timing as a rebounder. Goes after every loose ball with purpose
                          -Very quick first step
                          -Very good finisher around the rim
                          -Great potential defensively

Weaknesses:
                          -Hasn't accepted who he is yet as a player. Thinks he's a small forward
                          -Falls in love with his jumper, which is extremely streaky
                          -Average feel for the game
                          -Makes unforced errors
                          -Bad body language. Goes after his teammates

Sounds like Blatche to me.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Sounds like he knew his role in that interview. Pass the ball up high to dunk, rebound and get blocks.

He's only 20, and those strengths/weaknesses were from 2012.
                            "Bruno?
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              Strengths:
                              -Tremendous physical attributes
                              -Great frame
                              -Long arms
                              -Huge hands
                              -Terrific athlete
                              -Excellent timing as a rebounder. Goes after every loose ball with purpose
                              -Very quick first step
                              -Very good finisher around the rim
                              -Great potential defensively

Weaknesses:
                              -Hasn't accepted who he is yet as a player. Thinks he's a small forward
                              -Falls in love with his jumper, which is extremely streaky
                              -Average feel for the game
                              -Makes unforced errors
                              -Bad body language. Goes after his teammates

Sounds like Blatche to me.
                              Your talking about Andre Blatche right? Played for the Nets this year?

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Yup
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X