The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    I pray and pray and pray and pray for another 1st round pick on draft night.

Either Perkins or Boozer to get 16/19/21.

But at #20, I'm sold on Capela.
    Why are people feeling Capela so much? Supposedly he doesn't have good fundamentals on D and his bball IQ is very low. I guess those are obviously things he can work on but I feel we have enough guys whose bball IQ is low on our team. I think 20th is too high to be picking him. He is just sooooo raw.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Watching scouting videos of Capela he really doesn't look good to me. His IQ seems extremely low. Also supposedly he doesn't have the intangibles and I can see that just by watching videos. Supposedly he can be lazy at times and doesn't play full out. I don't get what people like about him at all. There are so many better prospects than him out there.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
        Why are people feeling Capela so much? Supposedly he doesn't have good fundamentals on D and his bball IQ is very low. I guess those are obviously things he can work on but I feel we have enough guys whose bball IQ is low on our team. I think 20th is too high to be picking him. He is just sooooo raw.
        Very raw, very young, has only been playing for a few years, and is already a big difference maker. Give him a few years developing with an NBA staff and you've got yourself a player who could be REALLY special. High potential reward pick at 20. I'm on board.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Mitch McGary has a draft promise in the 20s.

https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/s...69115909926912

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            I pray and pray and pray and pray for another 1st round pick on draft night.

Either Perkins or Boozer to get 16/19/21.

But at #20, I'm sold on Capela.
            We might actually agree with each other for once.

Masai did mention he wanted to add size on the wing and too also at length and more rim protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• There are rumors that Payton has received a promise from a team in the teens, and it would not be a shock if he were picked in the lottery. If not, Toronto is eyeing point guards. Sporting News - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.TRF40Y9x.dpuf
              Interesting

Comment

• Interesting that we are eyeing point guards if that's even true.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Very raw, very young, has only been playing for a few years, and is already a big difference maker. Give him a few years developing with an NBA staff and you've got yourself a player who could be REALLY special. High potential reward pick at 20. I'm on board.
                  Well if we pick him I hope you're right. I didn't know that he's only played ball for a short period of time so maybe that explains his extreme rawness.

Comment

Well if we pick him I hope you're right. I didn't know that he's only played ball for a short period of time so maybe that explains his extreme rawness.
                    he could become bismack biyombo 2.0 though. But also that wouldnt be too bad at 20
                    Last edited by yabadabayolo; Sat Jun 14, 2014, 04:31 PM.
                    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                      he could become bismack biyombo 2.0 though. But also that would be too bad at 20
                      Yea Bismack isn't too bad for a 20th pick but we could get a much better player at that pick than a Bismack equivalent in my opinion.

Comment

Yea Bismack isn't too bad for a 20th pick but we could get a much better player at that pick than a Bismack equivalent in my opinion.
                        That's not technically true. The history of the 20th pick isn't clamorous guys.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          That's not technically true. The history of the 20th pick isn't clamorous guys.

You're right, but I just feel that guys like Mcdaniels, Early, Anderson, Warren, Payne,Young etc will be better players than he will.

Comment

You're right, but I just feel that guys like Mcdaniels, Early, Anderson, Warren, Payne,Young etc will be better players than he will.
                            Maybe but other than Young I would say Capela has more potential than them.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chad Ford posted his tiers a couple days back and I don't know if it was posted, but it was pretty staggering to me. He talks to GMs and scouts to get a sense of what the tiers are for all the prospects. Each tier has a pretty specific description, so that draft classes can be compared across years.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...rospects-tiers

Tier 1

Joel Embiid
                              Jabari Parker
                              Andrew Wiggins

Last year, we didn't have any player in this category. This category is usually reserved for guys who are sure-fire All-Stars or "franchise" players. Since 2009, only Griffin, John Wall and Davis have been ranked in this slot. This year, there are three players in Tier 1 -- as many as there have been in the last five years combined. All of them received Tier 1 votes from every GM, exec and scout I surveyed. So if there is any consensus out there, it's that there are three really great prizes in this year's draft.

Tier 2

Dante Exum
                              Aaron Gordon
                              Julius Randle
                              Dario Saric
                              Marcus Smart
                              Noah Vonleh

Last year, Tier 2 also was empty for the first time since I've been doing this column. That should tell you something about how poorly regarded last year's class was. Tier 2 is reserved for players who are projected as potential All-Stars by scouts. They are typical high lottery picks in a normal draft. In 2012, Bradley Beal, Harrison Barnes, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist all got the nod as Tier 2 players. In 2011, Kyrie Irving and Derrick Williams were in this tier. This year, six players are here, which is a high number (as is the case with having three players in Tier 1). Two of these players -- Exum and Vonleh -- even got a couple of votes for Tier 1.

This is where the strength of the draft really shines, in my opinion. This means that NBA GMs, scouts and execs believe that there could be as many as nine potential All-Stars in the draft class, with three of them being franchise players. You have to go back more than a decade -- to the 2003 draft, where eight players ended up making an All-Star team -- to get a draft that loaded. While none of the players on the list are LeBron James-type players, there is incredible value here.

Tier 3

Gary Harris
                              Doug McDermott
                              Nik Stauskas

In 2013, we put the top six players in the draft in Tier 3: Nerlens Noel, Anthony Bennett, Ben McLemore, Alex Len, Victor Oladipo and Otto Porter. That means that all nine guys listed in Tier 1 or Tier 2 would have been drafted ahead of the top six players in 2013.

This tier is usually reserved for players who are projected as NBA starters in their careers. This year, this tier is a little on the small side. While there were a number of votes for various players for this tier, these were the only three who had a consensus. None of the Tier 3 players were voted on for Tier 2 status, and none of them were voted for Tier 4; that makes things pretty clean. All three should be gone before the lottery is through, with McDermott, especially, looking like a lock for the Top 10.

full list here: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=9016484

Comment

• Is Inglis not on there? Or am I blind?

If he isn't he might have fallen off the radar, so we could maybe scoop him up with 37.
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X