The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stretch wrote: View Post
    Embiid play much better than Wiggins at the Atlantis tournament last weekend.
    I read Wiggins was sick.

Not sure how much that had to do with it.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      I read Wiggins was sick.

Not sure how much that had to do with it.
      who knows, Maybe Wiggins will fall like Shabuzz, remember that hype.

Comment

• Wiggins played OK, just not like the second coming of ____________ (your preferred NBA superstar).

Comment

• Embiid played terribly in the Duke game who cares. It won't really be until March madness that we'll know what they're made of.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I'm just gonna keep saying Nik Stauskas until everyone agrees with me
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
              I'm just gonna keep saying Nik Stauskas until everyone agrees with me
              I think Nick stauskaus will be available even in the second round if he decides to enter the draft that is first question

Comment

I'm just gonna keep saying Nik Stauskas until everyone agrees with me
                How do you feel if born in say Des Moines Iowa?

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  How do you feel if born in say Des Moines Iowa?
                  If you are suggesting I only like him because he is Canadian, you would be wrong. I only know about him because he is Canadian. I like him because he can shoot the ever living shit out of the 3
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

If you are suggesting I only like him because he is Canadian, you would be wrong. I only know about him because he is Canadian. I like him because he can shoot the ever living shit out of the 3
                    Just checking lol

Comment

• He's like a white/whiter Klay Thompson

Comment

He's like a white/whiter Klay Thompson
                        I think its a little early to compare him to Klay when klay. KT has proven himeself and he was a lottery pick there is no way staskaus becomes a lottery pick . I still think he is second rounder at this point

Comment

• Rising

Zach LaVine 6-5 185 PG/SG UCLA Fr.

Zach LeVine
                          What would you get if you could somehow combine Stephen Curry's shooting ability with Russell Westbrook's freakish agility and explosiveness? The answer could be something similar to Zach LaVine.

The UCLA freshman is a player that we have been extremely high on since before the season began, placing him in the top 5 picks for the 2015 mock draft. He has made us look good making an immediate impact for UCLA and appears to be the top overall long term prospect in the Pac 12.

LaVine is the hottest name among scouting circles at the moment as scouts have suddenly taken notice of him after his performance in the Las Vegas Invitational, blowing up for 21 and 18 in games against Nevada and Northwestern and hitting a combined 8 of 11 on 3s in those games.

We compared LaVine to Westbrook in the summer after seeing him, and even though he was not considered a top 50 recruit by many scouting services, the elite level talent was evident. LaVine grew a couple of inches and has really become automatic with his outside shot.

On an undefeated team that suddenly appears to be a Final Four contender, LaVine is second in scoring, averaging 14.3 ppg 2.3 apg, 0.7 to and a blazing 57% 3 point shooting.

What makes him so difficult to defend is that jumpshot is nearly indefensible as he gets it off so quickly and with great elevation. Combine that with his freakish speed and athleticism and the fact that he seems to never miss and he becomes a real problem for opposing defenders.

He's currently playing the off guard position with Kyle Anderson running the point. So if he indeed would like to transition to point in the league, a la Westbrook, returning for a sophomore year would be beneficial. That is provided teammate Anderson follow through with his intention to leave after this season. It would also give him a chance to add weight and develop better ball handling, vision and play making skills. But with the way he's currently playing, a top 7-10 pick is well within his reach for this year's draft.

LaVine has moved up to #1 on the 2015 mock and will surely have to consider declaring for this year's draft at season's end if he continues to play at his current ability.

http://www.nbadraft.net/stock-watch-11

Comment

• Doug McDermott 6-7 225 SF Creighton Sr.

Doug McDermott
                            What more can be said about McDermott? He's scoring at a higher rate than he did a year ago, if that's even possible and is well on his way to averaging over 20 points per game for his third straight season. He's an unbelievable shooter, especially for his size and while he draws comparisons to current Atlanta Hawk and former Creighton star Kyle Korver, he's got a little Dirk Nowitzki in him as well. In a recent game against San Diego State, McDermott used one of Dirk's patented moves jumping off of one leg for a fade-away jump shot that hit nothing but net. He's not as tall as Nowitzki but he has every bit the shooting touch.

Scouts who watched him over the past week came away raving about him. His ISO move on 7-foot-2 Jordan Bachynski, really stood out for the quickness with which he made the step back move. He's a smart player, he moves well without the ball and he's got good size. He'll get a chance to prove himself against better competition on a more consistent basis this season now that he's in the Big East. McDermott may not be fleet of foot, but his all around heart, determination and ability to score has scouts convinced that he can compete for a top 10 pick on draft night.

Kyle Anderson
                            Anderson has become an absolute stat sheet stuffer so far this season for the Bruins and I don't mean that in a negative way. Coming out of high school, Anderson was touted as one of the most versatile players in the country, able to play any position from 1-4 on the court. He's on a tear this season and so is the team as they are off to one of their best starts in years. Anderson is a big reason why with his gaudy numbers. He's averaging close to a triple double early on during his sophomore campaign and is doing a little bit of everything on the court to help his team win.

He lacks elite athleticism and won't wow you with his hops or with his quickness but he has good handles for a player of his size and always seems to get where he wants to go with the ball.

He still tries to force the issue and make plays that make you scratch your head at times but for every questionable play, there are two to three more outstanding plays. He's got great energy on the court and is a willing rebounder and defender. He needs to refine his jump shot and add some bulk to his skinny frame. He doesn't really have a set position which he'll need to work on developing in the next year or two but he's definitely got the skill set to play in the League.
                            http://nbadraft.net/stock-watch-11

Comment

• I dont know why but somehow i have a feeling that Kyle Anderson will not have much sucess in NBA its just my opinion i cold be wrong. But staying with UCLA i keep sayiing jordan adams should get some love

Comment

• yukhan1980 wrote: View Post
                                I dont know why but somehow i have a feeling that Kyle Anderson will not have much sucess in NBA its just my opinion i cold be wrong. But staying with UCLA i keep sayiing jordan adams should get some love
                                Adams has been getting love from me.

Comment

Working...
                                X