Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kuh wrote: View Post
    - they don't like Tyler Ennis
    While he's ranked pretty low overall, he's pretty high for a Freshman. I wish they would do an age adjusted WS, kinda like the position adjusted WS, where they subtract the average WS for the position, but instead subtract the average winscore for the age and position. As it is, juniors and seniors dominate the rankings, while freshman and sophmores seem to fair badly over all.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
      While he's ranked pretty low overall, he's pretty high for a Freshman. I wish they would do an age adjusted WS, kinda like the position adjusted WS, where they subtract the average WS for the position, but instead subtract the average winscore for the age and position. As it is, juniors and seniors dominate the rankings, while freshman and sophmores seem to fair badly over all.
      Ah, I just discovered that the model as posted on boxscoregeeks.com is only Stage 1 - the raw numbers before adjustments. We need to wait two more posts until Stage 3 to see them corrected with age, etc.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
        Out of the list of 21 the only players I don't want are Payne or Napier. I would be happy with anyone else. That's a good sign.

I really hope Ennis is available though.
        I'm curious why you don't like Payne? I'm not a Napier fan, but I have Payne very high on my list of players Raptors should draft.
        “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
        ― John Wooden

Comment

• The Coach wrote: View Post
          I'm curious why you don't like Payne? I'm not a Napier fan, but I have Payne very high on my list of players Raptors should draft.
          I don't like him because of his age and that he similarity replicates batman.
          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
            I don't like him because of his age and that he similarity replicates batman.
            I see... that makes sense. He does seem to be more explosive and have a bit bigger frame than 2pat though. I just think if he is there at 20, he fits the best player available. I like Ennis, but isn't he as similar to Vasquez as Payne is to 2Pat?

Edit: Just realized you weren't the one who posted the original post I responded to about Ennis, Napier and Payne.
            “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
            ― John Wooden

Comment

• Embiid may slip far. His NCAA medical insurance covers up to $5 million.

Comment

I see... that makes sense. He does seem to be more explosive and have a bit bigger frame than 2pat though. I just think if he is there at 20, he fits the best player available. I like Ennis, but isn't he as similar to Vasquez as Payne is to 2Pat?

Edit: Just realized you weren't the one who posted the original post I responded to about Ennis, Napier and Payne.
                True but ennis is a freshman whilr payne is a senior. Batman and payne only a year apart whilr ennis is 8 years younger than greasy.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                  True but ennis is a freshman whilr payne is a senior. Batman and payne only a year apart whilr ennis is 8 years younger than greasy.

Yeah, that's definitely a major factor. Still like Payne.
                  ― John Wooden

Comment

Yeah, that's definitely a major factor. Still like Payne.
                    But than you have to let go of batman. You can get ennis and still keep greasy as a sg pg combo thing. spot up starter at either the 1 2 or 3. He can be our manu.

I say if ennis or even payton is off the board and grant is too. Than you take payne

Comment

• It's not that I wouldn't want Payne, just not at 20, and before any of those other players. He does have a great skill set, but then there is the age factor, and questions about his stamina. I'm comfortable going forward with Amir and PP. I think as far as BPA available goes, I think everyone is close in the bottom 7 of that list.

I don't see all that much similarity between Vasquez and Ennis. Ennis does't look for his own shot as often and is a much better passer. I really do see a Stockton type player in Ennis. Thursday will be some good TV. Whoever the Raps choose I'm sure they did their due diligence.
                      Last edited by saints91; Sat Jun 21, 2014, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• @ESPNSteinLine: Word is Lakers more likely than not to keep No. 7 but they ARE exploring what can be had for their pick (either solo or packaged w/SNash)

Sign and trade Lowry for Nash and possibly Marcus Smart. What y'all think?

I just want to make it clear that I'm a big fan of Lowry. That I would prefer to bring back Lowry all together.

This just seem like a MU type of move to me. Like when he traded Nene for McGee. Also that I would be ok with the deal if Marcus Smart was the target with that 7th pick. I feel he is the most NBA ready PG in draft. He is ready to contribute tomorrow. His also Kyle Lowry but 6'4" 222 lbs.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          @ESPNSteinLine: Word is Lakers more likely than not to keep No. 7 but they ARE exploring what can be had for their pick (either solo or packaged w/SNash)

Sign and trade Lowry for Nash and possibly Marcus Smart. What y'all think?

I just want to make it clear that I'm a big fan of Lowry. That I would prefer to bring back Lowry all together.

This just seem like a MU type of move to me. Like when he traded Nene for McGee. Also that I would be ok with the deal if Marcus Smart was the target with that 7th pick. I feel he is the most NBA ready PG in draft. He is ready to contribute tomorrow. His also Kyle Lowry but 6'4" 222 lbs.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I would be open to it if Lowry became too expensive or if he wanted to go elsewhere and LA was a spot he'd go.

Comment

• I'm really not sure about this. Klay is a very good player. But is he really worth the #7 pick??? and is he the type of player you can build your team around??

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              I'm really not sure about this. Klay is a very good player. But is he really worth the #7 pick??? and is he the type of player you can build your team around??

Just ask yourself, if you had the number 7 pick (so guys like Randle, Gordon, Smart could all be on the board) would you take one of them, or Thompson?
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• If we were able to get our hands on #7 I would take Stauskas...because he isn't getting past Charlotte...

Speaking of which, Charlotte will be a pretty good team to watch next season with Walker+Stauskas back court.

Comment

Working...
                                X