• Show
Clear All

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    dream draft : raptors trade for 4th pick, grab Vonleh

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Who do they trade for it?

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      3 bigs? can't see it. Raps already have Amir, JV, and PP. What's the rotation gonna be like?
      Well, first off Inglis is a wing. He's just a big wing, which happens to be the biggest hole in the current roster.

Secondly, Capela could be a long-term option next to Jonas, and successor to Amir. He's a project, but one that could be a long-term upgrade over Amir.

And Bachynski...well we badly need a pure C to backup Jonas. Amir can slide over as long as he's not facing a big guy, but there are plenty of big guys in the league. We end up stuck with Hayes as our only option, and he does well enough, but it'd be nice to have a guy taller than 6'6'' somewhere on the depth chart who can actually match up against bigger guys.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        3 bigs? can't see it. Raps already have Amir, JV, and PP. What's the rotation gonna be like?
        inglis is a SF, no? and I see Capela getting hans' minutes and a little bit of Chucks, and Chuck and Bachynski splitting the rest

preparing bachynski to take over full time from chuck after next year and Capela to become our 2nd PF/small ball C

also, I'd be happy with Carson instead of Bachynski as a potential scoring spark off the bench.

either way Capela and Inglis are pretty raw and will need some time to develop before they earn major minute anyways

edit: wmcj is too fast on the draw
        Last edited by stooley; Mon Jun 23, 2014, 08:44 PM.
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• A frontcourt of a developed Valanciunas & Capela, oh goodness.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            Who do they trade for it?
            All I know is Orlando has the 4th pick, but I'm not suggesting to go for it I'm just saying that frontcourt would be really good, Vonleh kind of reminds me of Bosh

Comment

All I know is Orlando has the 4th pick, but I'm not suggesting to go for it I'm just saying that frontcourt would be really good, Vonleh kind of reminds me of Bosh

Orlando is likely not trading that pick. Think they're pretty big on Exum, and now that he might go up into the top 3, think they're pretty big on Vonleh themselves.

I could easily see Orlando's draft ending up something like Vonleh at 4, then maybe Payton or Ennis at 12.

No evidence, but I think they're less big on Smart than they were last year. Maybe they see him as a combo guard and don't want to clutter things with Oladipo already there. Vonleh has a high ceiling and could fit in very nicely next to Vucevic, and getting one of Payton or Ennis gives them a pure PG to develop.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                Orlando is likely not trading that pick. Think they're pretty big on Exum, and now that he might go up into the top 3, think they're pretty big on Vonleh themselves.

I could easily see Orlando's draft ending up something like Vonleh at 4, then maybe Payton or Ennis at 12.

No evidence, but I think they're less big on Smart than they were last year. Maybe they see him as a combo guard and don't want to clutter things with Oladipo already there. Vonleh has a high ceiling and could fit in very nicely next to Vucevic, and getting one of Payton or Ennis gives them a pure PG to develop.
                I know, they have a bright future.

They could come out of this draft with a lineup of

Ennis
                Oladipo
                Harkless?
                Vonleh
                Vucevic

Comment

I know, they have a bright future.

They could come out of this draft with a lineup of

Ennis
                  Oladipo
                  Harkless?
                  Vonleh
                  Vucevic

More likely Harris at SF as long as he's healthy.

Comment

• This year is tough to figure out. For me, I'm leaning towards (if no one falls):

Capela
                    Deandre Daniels
                    ...Deandre Kane OR Jahii Carson

Comment

• Raptors are need a back up center and at 20th pick selection the raptors should pick Jusuf Nurkic,the guy is Machine.His Bosnian kid that played against men in Euro league KK Cedevita,tough league.
                      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                        Raptors are need a back up center and at 20th pick selection the raptors should pick Jusuf Nurkic,the guy is Machine.His Bosnian kid that played against men in Euro league KK Cedevita,tough league.
                        Lol please God no.

Comment

• i've completely settled in on Adams, take him at #20. have i mentioned he's only 19?
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post

i've completely settled in on Adams, take him at #20. have i mentioned he's only 19?
                            Hes like a Lowry at the 2

Comment

• Anyone else following Ford and Goodman's mock draft on Twitter?

Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                                Anyone else following Ford and Goodman's mock draft on Twitter?

This Jeff Goodman guy is crazy to think we have no shot to resign Lowry
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X