Page 329 of 337 FirstFirst ... 229 279 319 327 328 329 330 331 ... LastLast
Results 6,561 to 6,580 of 6734

Thread: The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Raptors Republic Starter Just Is's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    In fact he was pretty much always considered a top 20 pick. Us getting him at 20 would have been a "slide" to his probably his lowest possible spot.
    Him falling so hard was a surprise and not because of his lack in skill. It had more to do with other pg/sg player's suddenly raising during the workouts and the other teams not needing a point guard than anything having to do with Ennis. I don't even know if Ennis worked out for the Suns (as in, I don't think anyone had the Suns drafting him). It was pretty much either Sac, Magic, Bulls or Raps. Suns came outta know where.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    Meh.. just ask Jashmid how this one will work out. He's got all the answers, that little troll! :-)
    LOOOOLL, you can not act like an adult and stop the name callings , can you

Am I happy with this pick ? Two years away from being two years away and that comes from the ONLY guy in ESPN who knew anything about this guy ....

No, I am not HAPPY now because I have no idea who this guy is Just few measurement are NOTHING to make me happy when there were guys still on the board who we knew so much more about and were much less risk.

Let me see this guy in summer league and then I can answer this question otherwise, we are yet again, living in fantasy land if we think he is the NEXT STAR in this league because he has a long Wing span and MU drafted him

Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

After doing a bit more research, I'm happy with the pick.

4. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter fredericklove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Go big or go home, I have to accept this gamble, and not as upset as few hours ago.

I trust in Masai I supposed.

Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they were really set on him... I doubt they are done trying

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote saints91 wrote: View Post
    After doing a bit more research, I'm happy with the pick.
    Give us some of the sources that you came across when doing your research please.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy-ish. I'm surprised and pleased that they're going to be bringing him over so quickly. Honestly this is the sort of player (raw, high ceiling, awesome size) I'm a sucker for, and if I had heard of him before tonight, I'd probably be really pretty excited about him.
    tank-agnostic

9. Like Raptor Jesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote saints91 wrote: View Post
    I think they were really set on him... I doubt they are done trying
    Perhaps Ennis becomes more readily available if Phoenix successfully re-signs Bledsoe. Who knows?

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    As I understand it:

Spurs, Raptors, Suns
    Apparently Utah was interested. Basically he would not be available at 37 for sure.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jamshid wrote: View Post
    Give us some of the sources that you came across when doing your research please.
    Turning 19 in 3 months. youngest person in this draft, 6'9, 7'7 wingspan with a chance to grow just like how Giannis Antetokumpo grew 2 inches this past season. Started playing basketball 5 years ago, from a very poor family in brazil, doesn't even own a suit and tie, currently in the US awaiting for VISA to come into Canada.

Rafael Araujo is the 6th man of his Brazilian team, people compare him to the brazillian KD, Casey says hes more of a Rashard Lewis.

Gave him a promise at the #37th pick but was scared to lose him and grabbed him at 20, and seeing as Miami was going to offer #26 and the second rounds for Nappier, Masai probably feels that he'd be gone by 26.

That's all I've got so far

Raptors Republic Starter Just Is's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy and unhappy with the pick.

Feel we could have got him in the second round or at the very least, traded down into later in the first round and picked up some additional assets.

Other than that, there isn't enough information available about the guy to really judge. I'll wait til I see how he is during an NBA game before I think on it (as I don't think the Summer League will say enough beyond whether or not he can play the game).

Granted, we're still laughed at over the last Brazialian we drafted...so that's got to be a good sign right?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Just Is wrote: View Post
    Happy and unhappy with the pick.

Feel we could have got him in the second round or at the very least, traded down into later in the first round and picked up some additional assets.

Other than that, there isn't enough information available about the guy to really judge. I'll wait til I see how he is during an NBA game before I think on it (as I don't think the Summer League will say enough beyond whether or not he can play the game).

Granted, we're still laughed at over the last Brazialian we drafted...so that's got to be a good sign right?
    Rumours that Utah and PHX were going to pick him with their picks after ours. Also speculated that SAS was possibly interested. But yeah, Utah would've taken him at 23, so it was draft him or not at all.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Rumours that Utah and PHX were going to pick him with their picks after ours. Also speculated that SAS was possibly interested. But yeah, Utah would've taken him at 23, so it was draft him or not at all.
    Would've worked out if Ennis slipped to 20, then the raps would've dealt with Grizz and pick him up at 22.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote keefec wrote: View Post
    Would've worked out if Ennis slipped to 20, then the raps would've dealt with Grizz and pick him up at 22.
    Yup. I mean, if the Raps had got Ennis and Caboclo, we'd all be talking about how genius it was. Taking a somewhat safe but also high ceiling PG and a total swing for the fences...but we could only get the latter in the end.

17. Like saints91 liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the pick.

I especially like it since he's coming over for Summer League, and working out with Amir/Ross/Derozan already, and going to be on the Raps next season.

Will re-evaluate afterwards! Now off to see what trades/deals are signed

Raptors Republic All-Star Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea, just not the execution. Masai said he basically had two guys he liked and missed out on one (Ennis) so he didn't want to lose Bruno by 37.

It just feels like a haphazard pick with not much in the way of planning or contingencies. Sort of like this whole year, especially if Lowry walks.

I hope Bruno is amazing, though; now that he's a Raptor he has my full support. Just wish we could have found a way to take him later and max out the value of that first pick.

20. Like Just Is liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

For the record, the last Brazilian the Raps drafted played in the NCAA, some journalist pimped him in an OP ED, and the GM trusted a journalist instead of his own brain. This is a completely different scenario.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup. I mean, if the Raps had got Ennis and Caboclo, we'd all be talking about how genius it was. Taking a somewhat safe but also high ceiling PG and a total swing for the fences...but we could only get the latter in the end.
    Don't give up on Ennis yet though, I feel that Raptors still have a strong chance of landing him, especially if Lowry walks.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    I like the idea, just not the execution. Masai said he basically had two guys he liked and missed out on one (Ennis) so he didn't want to lose Bruno by 37.

It just feels like a haphazard pick with not much in the way of planning or contingencies. Sort of like this whole year, especially if Lowry walks.

I hope Bruno is amazing, though; now that he's a Raptor he has my full support. Just wish we could have found a way to take him later and max out the value of that first pick.
    He had more, if Gary Harris was available the Memphis trade would've still been triggered. The rest of the players that were available just didn't have enough upsides and the Raptors are basically a team filled with role players already, we don't need more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    For the record, the last Brazilian the Raps drafted played in the NCAA, some journalist pimped him in an OP ED, and the GM trusted a journalist instead of his own brain. This is a completely different scenario.
    This is a good point. There is no doubt an international bias when it come to American writers. I remember everybody slamming Jorge Garbajosa ever before he laced up his shoes over here. He was slow, and didn't have NBA skills. Shows what they know.

The trend is, if they don't know the name then they discredit the pick while repeating something someone else said that they probably found via Google...

Page 329 of 337 FirstFirst ... 229 279 319 327 328 329 330 331 ... LastLast

Thread Information