Page 332 of 337 FirstFirst ... 232 282 322 330 331 332 333 334 ... LastLast
Results 6,621 to 6,640 of 6734

Thread: The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Post Thanks / Like

Not a fan of the player drafted but I am huge fan of the quote by Fran Fraschilla. Best. Quote. In. A. Draft. Ever. "He's two years away from being two years away."

Anyway back to the player. The Brazilian Kevin Durant. Is that like the Australian Shaq? Anyone remember him? Anyone? Bueller?

Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Porter wrote: View Post
    Not a fan of the player drafted but I am huge fan of the quote by Fran Fraschilla. Best. Quote. In. A. Draft. Ever. "He's two years away from being two years away."

Anyway back to the player. The Brazilian Kevin Durant. Is that like the Australian Shaq? Anyone remember him? Anyone? Bueller?
    Watch the videos and avoid the hyperbolic quotes. Fran was probably just pissed his interns didn't give him video on this guy and made him look stupid.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Go away if you're going to spew ESPN drivel here. He is not the Brazilian KD, and Fran doesn't know anything about the kid.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bruno is more like Nicolas Batum then Kevin Durant
    Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Fran has difficulty with simple math.

That would be 4 years, Fran. You're welcome.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

6. Like S.R. liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

You know everybody says he's like Batum. But I get AK47 vibe from him. If he can be AK47 defensively that'll be amazing.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    You know everybody says he's like Batum. But I get AK47 vibe from him. If he can be AK47 defensively that'll be amazing.
    I think theres a higher chance he becomes a solid defender than an all rounded all star. His massive wingspan and his anticipation on D is very encouraging for someone that is new to the game

9. Like MixxAOR liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Well, Batum and AK are not that far apart in terms of the type of player they are and role they fill. AK is taller and a worse shooter, but they're versatile players who are strong defensively and can guard multiple positions.

So I don't think either comparison is off, especially given how little we know. I'm hoping for a Perry Jones floor, and I don't know for ceiling. AK with a jumper? A taller Leonard-type? Something like that.

11. Like MixxAOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote keefec wrote: View Post
    I think theres a higher chance he becomes a solid defender than an all rounded all star. His massive wingspan and his anticipation on D is very encouraging for someone that is new to the game
    He's no newer to the game than Embiid. Just like throwing that out there.

Raptors Republic Starter Just Is's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KHD wrote: View Post
    If San Antonio had picked him at 20 everyone in the media would be going on about how great they are at scouting (which they are). Since its Toronto, everyone shits on it. Oh well.
    Thats not an accurate comparison. San Antonio EARNED that respect (they've proven to have the best scouts in the NBA). Toronto hasn't.

14. Like Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    He's no newer to the game than Embiid. Just like throwing that out there.
    I just find it really confusing in terms of experience. They say Embiid has played ORGANIZED basketball for 4 years, and the say that caboclo has played basketball for 5 years... So does it mean Caboclo has been playing organized basketball for 5 years? Or he's been playing organized basketball for 2 years and he's just playing ball on the streets or shooting hoops at the park for the other 3? Sounds kinda dumb but I wouldn't mind having more clarification on that. Embiid's volleyball background helped his footwork a lot I believe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote keefec wrote: View Post
    I just find it really confusing in terms of experience. They say Embiid has played ORGANIZED basketball for 4 years, and the say that caboclo has played basketball for 5 years... So does it mean Caboclo has been playing organized basketball for 5 years? Or he's been playing organized basketball for 2 years and he's just playing ball on the streets or shooting hoops at the park for the other 3? Sounds kinda dumb but I wouldn't mind having more clarification on that. Embiid's volleyball background helped his footwork a lot I believe.
    Well who knows...

BUt on the last point, given Caboclo is from Brazil, it's entirely likely as an athlete he's played many sports growing up, most likely among them sports like soccer and volleyball. Could also explain why he's apparently quick on his feet at his size.

Raptors Republic Starter Raptor Jesus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a reason MU went from scouting to the boardroom, and Fran went from scouting to Division 3 state college coach to seldom heard from European ESPN correspondent.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Well who knows...

BUt on the last point, given Caboclo is from Brazil, it's entirely likely as an athlete he's played many sports growing up, most likely among them sports like soccer and volleyball. Could also explain why he's apparently quick on his feet at his size.
    Imagine he plays as a goalie in soccer.. Getting a ball past a goalie with a 7'7 wingspan would be extremely tough lol. But back to the point, yeah I hope hes got some more athletic background that can help his footwork too, playing soccer would probably help him increase his vision too. The thing i like the most about him is that he makes it seem easy regardless of the level of competition he was involved in

Post Thanks / Like

I am happy with this pick. I have faith in Masai that he made the right decision. Being a scout in the NBA, he's got experience. Granted that not every scout has been successful every time. But the fact that it appears he did his due diligence, actually WATCHED him play LIVE, even (somehow) worked him out with Casey et all... Masai saw something in him that moved him. Only Masai and a few other GM/scouts saw him so I would assume he did his homework and selecting him with the 20th pick. So give MU a break! He's been doing this his whole life, practically.

Now if he was a top 10 pick, yeah I'll have a more difficult time to wrap my head around this but he is the 20th pick, now time to move on and see what this kid can do. It's clear that MU was dejected that he couldn't bring home Ennis, you could hear it in his voice.

Raptors Republic Starter OptimalOptimist's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Off-topic a bit.

The Hornets had a tremendous draft.

Vonleh and Hairston fit so well in their team, i'd be nuts if i was a Charlotte fan, new quality players, new unis, new arena (sorta). This is probably the re-birth of the franchise.
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
    Off-topic a bit.

The Hornets had a tremendous draft.

Vonleh and Hairston fit so well in their team, i'd be nuts if i was a Charlotte fan, new quality players, new unis, new arena (sorta). This is probably the re-birth of the franchise.
    Philly did quite well for themselves too....Embiid, Saric, McDaniels, Grant, Russ Smith, Micic....

Post Thanks / Like

Philly did quite well for themselves too....Embiid, Saric, McDaniels, Grant, Russ Smith, Micic....
    They also picked up future picks, both 1st and 2nd round... AND they're primed to tank again next season, to get another top draft pick!

In 3 seasons, especially with the cap space they'll have available and the number of cheap, young assets at their disposal, they could be a scary good team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    Watch the videos and avoid the hyperbolic quotes. Fran was probably just pissed his interns didn't give him video on this guy and made him look stupid.
    Bang on Fran all you want. It is easy to do. I'm not saying Fran is some genius. I'm also not saying Ujiri is some genius. Most Raps fans wanted to crown Colangelo has dealing away Jalen Rose and bringing in Bargs, Garbaosa, etc. Look how that turned out. I think the picks was a tremendous reach. If this kid turns out to be good I will gladly eat my words. I just don't see it.

Additionally, I watched the video of Caboclo. I can't tell if he's making those plays in garbage time minutes ala Darco's highlight tapes or not. He never has the ball and creates his own shot which good/great NBA players do. Maybe if I could see more/better highlights I'd change my mind.

I've been a fan since the beginning but not drinking the kool aid just because the GM that got rid of Gay and Bargs drafted him.

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kyle Anderson to the spurs crazy they get a gem every year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 332 of 337 FirstFirst ... 232 282 322 330 331 332 333 334 ... LastLast

Thread Information