Page 335 of 337 FirstFirst ... 235 285 325 333 334 335 336 337 LastLast
Results 6,681 to 6,700 of 6734

Thread: The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    Interesting, NBA TV seems to have a balanced opinion on the pick:
    Agree. Much more balanced view, similar to what we have been reading here and hearing from Masai/Casey.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    It's actually bugging me now that we didn't take Anderson if we still expected Caboclo to be available at 22 to make the Memphis deal (or even vice-versa, taking Bruno at 20 and Kyle at 22).

I would much rather have Anderson + Caboclo than Daniels + Caboclo....
    That's nice, but clearly Ujiri and company didn't see things the same way.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    Yeah, their GM is a dealer and it was so obvious we wanted Ennis. Maybe they wanted Ross? That's my guess. But I would be okay with giving our 2016 1st rounder, since we already have New York's 1st rounder then, and ours might be in the 20s since I expect us to improve.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!

Just because we have 2 1sts in 2016 doesn't mean we should be lackadaisical with trading our own. That's a huge waste of an asset.

Yes we wanted Ennis, but Masai wasn't trying to give up an extra 1st rounder to do so, that is terrible asset management. The idea was to trade Salmons and absorb some salary for a year (Prince) to move up if Ennis was still available.

4. Like Miekenstien, BigCamB liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie CalibreMC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So what? We can critique all we want......

Raptors Republic Rookie CalibreMC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

^^^^^^^what he said.

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!

Just because we have 2 1sts in 2016 doesn't mean we should be lackadaisical with trading our own. That's a huge waste of an asset.

Yes we wanted Ennis, but Masai wasn't trying to give up an extra 1st rounder to do so, that is terrible asset management. The idea was to trade Salmons and absorb some salary for a year (Prince) to move up if Ennis was still available.
    Well it's not really a waste though is it? A 2016 first rounder for a 2014 first rounder. Might not be the trade we need right now, but it's not all that crazy is it?

Post Thanks / Like

Let there be a rule: You NEVER trade a first round pick unless you're getting a superstar.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    That's nice, but clearly Ujiri and company didn't see things the same way.
    Obviously....I just wonder what turned them off so hard on Anderson? Yes, I know he had question marks about his athleticism...but he's got way more skills than Daniels. And he's sort of the kind of player we need off the bench. If you put him and Greivis on the floor, maybe the ball moves well and finds the easy shot fairly often.

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Obviously....I just wonder what turned them off so hard on Anderson? Yes, I know he had question marks about his athleticism...but he's got way more skills than Daniels. And he's sort of the kind of player we need off the bench. If you put him and Greivis on the floor, maybe the ball moves well and finds the easy shot fairly often.
    0 defense though, not a casey player, and questionable whether his skills will translate to the NBA when super athletic 3s are guarding him

Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    0 defense though, not a casey player, and questionable whether his skills will translate to the NBA when super athletic 3s are guarding him
    Like our boy Bruno!
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    I see the D problem, but he is a smart player on both ends.

As for skills translating on O, it's a tough call, but it's not like he was an iso player. He uses screens well and can pass out of the post. So if he can run a p'n'r as a secondary ballhandler with GV on the floor, and make some plays out of the post, that's pretty good. He doesn't have to beat athletes one on one. He's a great passer and his shot is pretty good in terms of him maybe being a threat to knock down open 3s.

Remember I also compared him to the option of Daniels, who Masai said could be stashed, and at best is a 3 and D SF down the line. So it's not like there was another home run option. If you take Kyle and Bruno that's two of the higher potential guys left on the board. I see Kyle as having good 6th man type potential. At 20, that's better than most options, who project more as complimentary role players.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the Spurs are the best place for Anderson to learn defence.

Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kyle Anderson is gonna average like 20 assists per game on the spurs

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I knew Ujiri saw him at Basketball without borders, but I didn't know his role in the org. I do find that interesting, although I don't think it amounts to any kind of conspiracy. Also, it doesn't bother me that he took him at 20.

More people knew about him than was initially believed, and it doesn't seem like he would have been available at 37. He's a risk/project, but that's okay. Hopefully there's some buy-in from Casey to at least let him on the court a couple times next season.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Post Thanks / Like

3 years from now when he actually gets playing time
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Nah, that's Cory Joseph's job.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

How about another theory?

Masai is affiliated with a competition in which Bruno became MVP of. Masai therefor had exposure to a player no one else knew about. This player can shoot, dribble, play defense, is 6'9'' swing man with 7'7'' wingspan, is agile and explosive, and only 18. Masai saw enough potential to roll the dice on with a pick outside of the lottery (crapshoot).
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Post Thanks / Like

I had a moment of clairvoyance where I came to peace with the pick... if all Bruno turns into is a pesky wing defender (shows a lot of promise as that) who can knock down open 3s (in the footage I've seen that looks to be the case) Is that alone not worth a 20th pick? He has heart (which you can't teach), and is a gym rat...so ANYTHING he does beyond defense and 3pt shooting will be a bonus.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    I had a moment of clairvoyance where I came to peace with the pick... if all Bruno turns into is a pesky wing defender (shows a lot of promise as that) who can knock down open 3s (in the footage I've seen that looks to be the case) Is that alone not worth a 20th pick? He has heart (which you can't teach), and is a gym rat...so ANYTHING he does beyond defense and 3pt shooting will be a bonus.
    Michael Grange said it best: "if Caboclo is a bust it won't be because he doesn't have the tools to be an NBA player. Impressive."
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The fact that our GM saw him in person a few times, and was heavily scouted by the org (multiple guys went multiple times) means i'm pretty good with this pick. Either our scouting team is good or it isn't. And if it isn't, there's not much we can do about it but get a new front office.

I don't know whether this guy is going to make an impact or not, but I like the logic behind the selection.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Thread Information