Page 335 of 337 FirstFirst ... 235 285 325 333 334 335 336 337 LastLast
Results 6,681 to 6,700 of 6734

Thread: The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

  1. #6681
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,784
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    Interesting, NBA TV seems to have a balanced opinion on the pick:
    Agree. Much more balanced view, similar to what we have been reading here and hearing from Masai/Casey.

  2. #6682
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    It's actually bugging me now that we didn't take Anderson if we still expected Caboclo to be available at 22 to make the Memphis deal (or even vice-versa, taking Bruno at 20 and Kyle at 22).

    I would much rather have Anderson + Caboclo than Daniels + Caboclo....
    That's nice, but clearly Ujiri and company didn't see things the same way.

  3. #6683
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    Yeah, their GM is a dealer and it was so obvious we wanted Ennis. Maybe they wanted Ross? That's my guess. But I would be okay with giving our 2016 1st rounder, since we already have New York's 1st rounder then, and ours might be in the 20s since I expect us to improve.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!

    Just because we have 2 1sts in 2016 doesn't mean we should be lackadaisical with trading our own. That's a huge waste of an asset.

    Yes we wanted Ennis, but Masai wasn't trying to give up an extra 1st rounder to do so, that is terrible asset management. The idea was to trade Salmons and absorb some salary for a year (Prince) to move up if Ennis was still available.

  4. Like Miekenstien, BigCamB liked this post
  5. #6684
    Raptors Republic Rookie CalibreMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    So what? We can critique all we want......

  6. #6685
    Raptors Republic Rookie CalibreMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    ^^^^^^^what he said.

  7. #6686
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!

    Just because we have 2 1sts in 2016 doesn't mean we should be lackadaisical with trading our own. That's a huge waste of an asset.

    Yes we wanted Ennis, but Masai wasn't trying to give up an extra 1st rounder to do so, that is terrible asset management. The idea was to trade Salmons and absorb some salary for a year (Prince) to move up if Ennis was still available.
    Well it's not really a waste though is it? A 2016 first rounder for a 2014 first rounder. Might not be the trade we need right now, but it's not all that crazy is it?

  8. #6687
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Let there be a rule: You NEVER trade a first round pick unless you're getting a superstar.

  9. #6688
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,860
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    That's nice, but clearly Ujiri and company didn't see things the same way.
    Obviously....I just wonder what turned them off so hard on Anderson? Yes, I know he had question marks about his athleticism...but he's got way more skills than Daniels. And he's sort of the kind of player we need off the bench. If you put him and Greivis on the floor, maybe the ball moves well and finds the easy shot fairly often.

  10. #6689
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Obviously....I just wonder what turned them off so hard on Anderson? Yes, I know he had question marks about his athleticism...but he's got way more skills than Daniels. And he's sort of the kind of player we need off the bench. If you put him and Greivis on the floor, maybe the ball moves well and finds the easy shot fairly often.
    0 defense though, not a casey player, and questionable whether his skills will translate to the NBA when super athletic 3s are guarding him

  11. #6690
    Raptors Republic All-Star 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    2,443
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    0 defense though, not a casey player, and questionable whether his skills will translate to the NBA when super athletic 3s are guarding him
    Like our boy Bruno!
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

  12. #6691
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,860
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    0 defense though, not a casey player, and questionable whether his skills will translate to the NBA when super athletic 3s are guarding him
    I see the D problem, but he is a smart player on both ends.

    As for skills translating on O, it's a tough call, but it's not like he was an iso player. He uses screens well and can pass out of the post. So if he can run a p'n'r as a secondary ballhandler with GV on the floor, and make some plays out of the post, that's pretty good. He doesn't have to beat athletes one on one. He's a great passer and his shot is pretty good in terms of him maybe being a threat to knock down open 3s.

    Remember I also compared him to the option of Daniels, who Masai said could be stashed, and at best is a 3 and D SF down the line. So it's not like there was another home run option. If you take Kyle and Bruno that's two of the higher potential guys left on the board. I see Kyle as having good 6th man type potential. At 20, that's better than most options, who project more as complimentary role players.

  13. #6692
    Raptors Republic All-Star 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    2,443
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think the Spurs are the best place for Anderson to learn defence.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

  14. #6693
    Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Kyle Anderson is gonna average like 20 assists per game on the spurs

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

  15. #6694
    Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kigali, Rwanda
    Posts
    1,763
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I knew Ujiri saw him at Basketball without borders, but I didn't know his role in the org. I do find that interesting, although I don't think it amounts to any kind of conspiracy. Also, it doesn't bother me that he took him at 20.

    More people knew about him than was initially believed, and it doesn't seem like he would have been available at 37. He's a risk/project, but that's okay. Hopefully there's some buy-in from Casey to at least let him on the court a couple times next season.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee

    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

  16. #6695
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    Kyle Anderson is gonna average like 20 assists per game on the spurs

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    3 years from now when he actually gets playing time
    @jerboat

  17. #6696
    Raptors Republic All-Star 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    2,443
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    Kyle Anderson is gonna average like 20 assists per game on the spurs

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Nah, that's Cory Joseph's job.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

  18. #6697
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,494
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    How about another theory?

    Masai is affiliated with a competition in which Bruno became MVP of. Masai therefor had exposure to a player no one else knew about. This player can shoot, dribble, play defense, is 6'9'' swing man with 7'7'' wingspan, is agile and explosive, and only 18. Masai saw enough potential to roll the dice on with a pick outside of the lottery (crapshoot).
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  19. #6698
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,261
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I had a moment of clairvoyance where I came to peace with the pick... if all Bruno turns into is a pesky wing defender (shows a lot of promise as that) who can knock down open 3s (in the footage I've seen that looks to be the case) Is that alone not worth a 20th pick? He has heart (which you can't teach), and is a gym rat...so ANYTHING he does beyond defense and 3pt shooting will be a bonus.

  20. #6699
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,494
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote thead wrote: View Post
    I had a moment of clairvoyance where I came to peace with the pick... if all Bruno turns into is a pesky wing defender (shows a lot of promise as that) who can knock down open 3s (in the footage I've seen that looks to be the case) Is that alone not worth a 20th pick? He has heart (which you can't teach), and is a gym rat...so ANYTHING he does beyond defense and 3pt shooting will be a bonus.
    Michael Grange said it best: "if Caboclo is a bust it won't be because he doesn't have the tools to be an NBA player. Impressive."
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  21. #6700
    Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kigali, Rwanda
    Posts
    1,763
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The fact that our GM saw him in person a few times, and was heavily scouted by the org (multiple guys went multiple times) means i'm pretty good with this pick. Either our scouting team is good or it isn't. And if it isn't, there's not much we can do about it but get a new front office.

    I don't know whether this guy is going to make an impact or not, but I like the logic behind the selection.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee

    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •