Page 336 of 337 FirstFirst ... 236 286 326 334 335 336 337 LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,720 of 6734

Thread: The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread is ridiculous. Ask yourself, how many times did BC scout any player that he picked? The Raptors brought in more basketball players than they have EVER brought in before the draft. EVER. Those were all guys that they had scouted in advance. That means all those guys had been seen live playinggames by multiple members of the scouting staff.

Additionally, every member of the scouting staff was slipping down to Brazil to scout this kid, probably scouting other kids in other parts of the world as well. After all that, the GM went down multiple times, additional to scouting in Europe and NCAAs. When they were confident about the kid, they had Casey run him through his paces.

The last time Casey got excited over a kid it turned out to be Terrence Ross. I trust his ability to evaluate talent.

According to your theory the GM, every member of the scouting staff, and the head coach must care more about a program -- that has already discovered multiple players who have had opportunities in NCAA, Euroleague and the NBA -- than they care about the team, corporation, and fanbase they are responsible for.

You're saying that BWB is more important than his job? He doesn't direct BWB if he has no job!

Wasn't Alabi picked in the 50's with a bought pick? Wasn't he a BWB player that was scouted through his time at Florida State?

You know Vasquez was discovered by Masai through BWB. He helped him get into high school in the US. Masai has ties to a lot of players. But he's not going to choose to make a team built with players he's known since they were kids over job security, or winning.

Post Thanks / Like

I

AM

GROOT
    @jerboat

3. Like stooley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

shoot, wrong thread
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post

I

AM

GROOT
    He really doesn't look that raw to me. He will obviously make a lot of rookie mistakes and he has a lot of learning to do but I was expecting him to look a lot worse from the way people were talking. He has some skill already.

6. Like Puffer liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    He really doesn't look that raw to me. He will obviously make a lot of rookie mistakes and he has a lot of learning to do but I was expecting him to look a lot worse from the way people were talking. He has some skill already.
    Those 3 pointers looked niiiiiiice.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Really high release on that shot, going to be tough to alter that with his wingspan

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BigCamB wrote: View Post
    Really high release on that shot, going to be tough to alter that with his wingspan
    His shot in the Open Gym segment looked waaaay better than in the clips we saw from YouTube. Better mechanics, better follow through, more fluid. And just watching him dribble the ball, he looked quite comfortable with it in his hands. Just 1:57 of video, but I am very optimistic.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Says he did not start playing until he was 13...5 yrs. That is a pretty good display of skills in/for that time. High level game experience is probably what he needs most.

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    His shot in the Open Gym segment looked waaaay better than in the clips we saw from YouTube. Better mechanics, better follow through, more fluid. And just watching him dribble the ball, he looked quite comfortable with it in his hands. Just 1:57 of video, but I am very optimistic.
    The power of editing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What I want to know is when we come across a team like sac and Demarcus cousins try's to bully him. Or he goes to the rim and gets a hard fool is he going to get pinked and back down

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote grindhouse wrote: View Post
    What I want to know is when we come across a team like sac and Demarcus cousins try's to bully him. Or he goes to the rim and gets a hard fool is he going to get pinked and back down

very good question
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

You should have the same question with any rookie, even one that was tough in NCAA games. This is a men's league, and none of these picks have played against giants like those in the NBA before.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well if we're trying to guard Cousins with a SF/PF, there are bigger issues to debate. But I don't know if there's any reason to assume anything about his physicality.

Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Who was stronger, Kevin Durant as a rookie or Bruno

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    Who was stronger, Kevin Durant as a rookie or Bruno

I don't know, but I'm optimistic about Bruno. He doesn't look like he has the same body type as Durant. His shoulders look like they will get bigger and like he will naturally fill out a bit.

Raptors Republic Starter OptimalOptimist's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We got the Chuckster for Cousins.
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Those ESPN turkeys made it sound Bruno is such an idiotic pick when we could have drafted a future HOFer.
    I went back to 1998 to see how many All stars & HOFers there are drafted at No 20:
    2013 -Tony Snell (possible serviceable bench player)
    2012 -Evan Fournier (Same)
    2011 -D Montijunas (same)
    2010 -James Anderson (WTF is he?)
    2009 -Eric Maynor
    2008 -A Ajinca
    2007 -Jason Smith
    2006 -R Blackman
    2005 -Julius Hodge
    2004 -J Nelson (best of the bunch by a mile)
    2003 -Dahntay Jones (from that great 2003 draft)
    2002 -Kareem Rush (drafted by To)
    2001 -B Haywood (decent backup at the best)
    2000 -Speedy Claxton
    1999 -Dion Glover
    1998 -Roshown McLeod
    As you can see not a lot. I would guess average career stats: around 10-12 mins, 5 points, 2 RB & maybe 2 assists.
    MU made his bones in scouting. Iff he saw something in Bruno, there has to be some potential. If not -big deal. What did we miss? See above list.

20. Like stretch, BigCamB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I missed a lot of this thread on draft night but just wondering: with some added size and strength, might this be the Raptors long term PF?

Stretch 4 who can put it on the floor and block shots?
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mapko wrote: View Post
    As you can see not a lot. I would guess average career stats: around 10-12 mins, 5 points, 2 RB & maybe 2 assists.
    MU made his bones in scouting. Iff he saw something in Bruno, there has to be some potential. If not -big deal. What did we miss? See above list.
    That is a very flawed logic. Make a list of good players who were drafted below 20 in past 20 years and have contributed so much to their team ... I bet you that the list would be huge ... With the way our team is constructed, we will be drafting late in the draft for next few years. This is the tool that has to help us get better.

One of the things that Spurs are praised for is how they can get talent late in the draft and use them to keep themselves competitive.

If you have the logic that well, 20 pick are not usually good and if we miss, so what, we miss !!! Then might as well, trade that pick for teams who value draft and get some player. Guess who used to do that Our very OWN RR favourite for 7 years, Mr.BC.

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    I think MU made a great decision, we finally have someone who can guard guys like Joe Johnson, LeBron, Durant, all he needs is to add some strength, even though that long wingspan will help him recover on his lapses a lot

Too much homerism here. Spurs fans thought the same thing when they got Austin daye.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thread Information