No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya well I want Wiggans. His Nationality is a big part of it Matt, a lot of people don't see the significance for the Raptors franchise. Yes, another guy, who might even be a bit better will clearly be awesome for Toronto, but, a homegrown, Canadian superstar with international identity who wants to be in Toronto, and will rep the City like hell is absolutely massive. Honestly, if he falls down the ladder a few pegs I will be thrilled, I want him, even if it means missing out on a slightly better player.

Losing will take care of that, and if the stars aligned, trading Rudy and someone else away for another lottery pick would be ideal. (also impossible, hahaha)

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
      Can anyone reccommend what the best way would be to watch as many college basketball games as possible?
      Rogers super sports pack
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
        Ya well I want Wiggans. His Nationality is a big part of it Matt, a lot of people don't see the significance for the Raptors franchise. Yes, another guy, who might even be a bit better will clearly be awesome for Toronto, but, a homegrown, Canadian superstar with international identity who wants to be in Toronto, and will rep the City like hell is absolutely massive. Honestly, if he falls down the ladder a few pegs I will be thrilled, I want him, even if it means missing out on a slightly better player.

Losing will take care of that, and if the stars aligned, trading Rudy and someone else away for another lottery pick would be ideal. (also impossible, hahaha)
        There is no way he is on the board and Massai passes on him. Even if he has a poor year. The press and fans would kill him.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GinULGhuItQ

He looks extremely raw! He doesn't look ready to contribute right away.
          Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Thu Nov 7, 2013, 01:19 PM.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GinULGhuItQ

He looks extremely raw! He doesn't look ready to contribute right away.
            I think most draft picks now a days will be raw. One and done's are going to be like that. However even in the short highlight reel from that one game you can see his potential. His athleticism is out of this world. Reminds me of a young TMac and I believe I've heard that comparison before.

Comment

"Masai WILL win us a championship"
              - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

Marcus Smart is the real deal
                (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Marc Stein's (meaningless, worthless, and) fearless predictions:

For everyone thinking Wiggins will be #1, one year ago Shabazz Muhammed was suppose to be in the running for #1.
                  2 years ago at this time Drummond was suppose to be #1.
                  3 years ago at this time Harrison Barnes was suppose to be #1.
                  Wiggins is different. The last time a player got as much hype as Wiggins was LeBron back in the early 2000's. I remember ESPN showing LeBron James high school games.

As for Shabazz, the only time i've heard the name Shabazz Muhammad was when he was ranked #1 on nbadraft.net mock draft 2 years ago. Same goes to Drummond.

Harrison Barnes got a lot of hype when he was in HS. Not Wiggins/LeBron like. More like Jabari Parker like. And, Harrison Barnes is going to be a GREAT player in this league. There's no doubt in my mind. He just came back from an injury. First game back - 14pts in 14mins last night.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

"Coin Flip" Barnes

Our pg had a triple double in the last game of the season. DC should have "rested" some players then. Feel like scratching my eyeballs.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      Rogers super sports pack
                      Thanks, I will have to look into that. Great year to follow college ball.

Comment

Jabari Parker highlights:

... he kind of reminds me of Grant Hill. Probably because he's on Duke, but impressed so far nonetheless.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Jabari Parker highlights:

... he kind of reminds me of Grant Hill. Probably because he's on Duke, but impressed so far nonetheless.
                          I would lose my mind if Raps had 2 top 8 picks this year.... lose it. My first son would be named Masai.

Comment

I know its early but looking at some of the mock drafts. Alex Poythress is projected to go 2nd round? that dude is super talented. James McAdoo projected to go 21st. If he came out out 2 years ago he would've been a top 5 pick.

Noah Vonleh projected to go 17th. WOW. Aaron Gordon 23. Rodney Hood 25. LaQuinton Ross 28.

This draft is crazy deep.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                              Can anyone reccommend what the best way would be to watch as many college basketball games as possible?
                              Eye graft. Include flexible stalk.
                              http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225...8lQVT1mE6w.jpg

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                                I know its early but looking at some of the mock drafts. Alex Poythress is projected to go 2nd round? that dude is super talented. James McAdoo projected to go 21st. If he came out out 2 years ago he would've been a top 5 pick.

Noah Vonleh projected to go 17th. WOW. Aaron Gordon 23. Rodney Hood 25. LaQuinton Ross 28.

This draft is crazy deep.
                                Yes.

This draft is not about just wiggins by any stretch.

Comment

Working...
                                X