Page 61 of 337 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 161 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 6734

Thread: The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Chris Walker is very interesting as well. Just played his first game on Tuesday.

6'9" 7'2" wingspan. Jumps out the gym.

http://youtu.be/kREeYKxYPYk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Walker is interesting for sure. He is going to play a couple of months and be done (because of suspensions). I want to see a jumpshot, but he does have the defensive tools that most people here want out of a PF.

Quote BigCamB wrote: View Post
    Looks like they pulled it out in the end. They're lucky they have an NBA level prospect in Hollis Jefferson to come in to the starting lineup and replace the guy that went out with the season ending injury. 14 and 10 for him

Also, Aaron Gordon 2/11 from the free throw line, only 42% on the season which is interesting!
    I hope Gordon stays another year. He could definitely slip.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    totally agree
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Is that a bad thing or good thing for the Raptors? Him slipping is an opportunity for the Raptors to snag him at 19/20. If him staying another year helps him develop then is the preference for Toronto to draft a guy that's more NBA ready?

I guess this question leads me to wondering how the fan base would feel if the Raptors drafted a project as opposed to someone who's more NBA ready. If Casey was coach you know the project wouldn't get much playing time and might take longer to develop. A guy who's more NBA ready may not be as talented but can help the Raptors win right away. Would be curious what direction MU would take considering the season we've been having.

Post Thanks / Like

But there was another guy who made a statement in this Day 1 of the Copa del Rey: Walter Samuel Tavares. While his teammates struggled mightly (5 of 27 from downtown) against Real Madrid’s aggresive defense, Tavares impressed in both ends of the floor -16 points, 12 rebounds and 4 blocks-. He brutally dunked the ball, grabbed every rebound like he was playing against children, blocked four shots and altered many more.

With 17 NBA scouts in the stands, the 21-year-old center from Cape Verde, known as ‘Edy’ or ‘Big Edy’, should be a first round in the next Draft. Period.

He’s been playing this sport for only four and a half years but he’s certainly made the most of his time. At 2.20 metres tall (7’ 3”) and with a 2.40 m. wingspan (7’ 9”) he is a monster under the glass. Good coordination, excelent at rim protection and, according to everyone who’s been in touch with him, he’s a nice, humble guy with a great work ethic.

And he has quite a story.

CB Gran Canaria found him in 2009 thanks to a German citizen who put them on his track. He said he knew a kid in Cape Verde that was taller than every player they had at that time. To prove it, he showed them a picture in which Edy was touching the top of a door frame with his elbow. That big he was: 2.13m. as a 16-year-old teenager.

Tavares, who had not played basketball in his life, traveled to Las Palmas to start an uncertain career in that sport. CB Gran Canaria gave him time and the tools to become a better player. Last season he barely played in the ACB (62 minutes, 8 games). He wasn’t ready. Now he is.

Some reports said he had been followed by Memphis and Cleveland. After what he did tonight, add another dozen of NBA franchises. Big Edy’s rise to stardom has just begun.

http://spanishhoops.com/2014/02/07/c...ay-to-the-nba/
    wowzers

This isn't Greek or French 2nd division folks!

ACB!
    "You don’t know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    wowzers

ACB!
    I heard about him yesterday. Sadly his team lost, so less games for the scouts to see him in. Very intriguing though. A below the radar Embiid?

Post Thanks / Like

wowzers

ACB!
    http://www.acb.com/redaccion.php?id=100229

Video in the link.
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Found this on youtube:

... looks a bit too thin. Would need to add a lot of weight or will be pushed around a lot in the NBA.

9. Like Just Is, isaacthompson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Found this on youtube:

... looks a bit too thin. Would need to add a lot of weight or will be pushed around a lot in the NBA.
    Very true.

But on as a 21 year old on 4 year rookie deal with a 7'9" wingspan.... I like that potential.
    Bruno Caboclo

11. Like Just Is liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. He runs really smooth for a guy well over 7 feet. Still raw in those videos, but he could be a decent backup center for someone. Doing that in the ACB that young, that early in his development says something.

Post Thanks / Like

Found this on youtube:

Very true.

But on as a 21 year old on 4 year rookie deal with a 7'9" wingspan.... I like that potential.
    DraftExpress has him listed as 7'2 and 265lbs. Hibbert was 7'2 and 272 lbs. So it's not like he's Shawn Bradley out there.

He's a mid-2nd rounder in their current mock.

Post Thanks / Like

Is that a bad thing or good thing for the Raptors? Him slipping is an opportunity for the Raptors to snag him at 19/20. If him staying another year helps him develop then is the preference for Toronto to draft a guy that's more NBA ready?

I guess this question leads me to wondering how the fan base would feel if the Raptors drafted a project as opposed to someone who's more NBA ready. If Casey was coach you know the project wouldn't get much playing time and might take longer to develop. A guy who's more NBA ready may not be as talented but can help the Raptors win right away. Would be curious what direction MU would take considering the season we've been having.
    Can someone throw up a poll on this? Should the Raps draft a NBA ready player or a project?

I'm leaning towards as close to NBA ready as possible (with some upside).

Post Thanks / Like

Can someone throw up a poll on this? Should the Raps draft a NBA ready player or a project?

BPA - but preferrably a PG or big

16. Like Just Is liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no real objection to drafting a guy with so much potential.. but this brings me back to a previous point I had.. would MU draft a project? Would Casey help develop a project? The Raptors have had many centers that ended up becoming stiffs.. with Alibi being the most recent.

If MU still think this team needs young raw talent then sign me up.. but then we need another coach. If MU wants to build on to this season by getting NBA ready talent then he'd be the wrong guy to go after (in my opinion).

Post Thanks / Like

They will have 3 picks as of now.

Why not both?
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG get Tavares in the second round. Any 7'3 player who's coordinated is going to have a long career, whether it's as a backup or starter.

Also, I think Aaron Gordon could be a great fit at our 4. He's 6'8, but way longer than Griffin. His standing reach is higher than Griffin's and he's a lock down defender.

Pairing him with JV gives us one incredible athlete, and a more traditional 7 footer. Love it.
    Last edited by stooley; Fri Feb 7th, 2014 at 10:22 AM.

20. Like Just Is liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no real objection to drafting a guy with so much potential.. but this brings me back to a previous point I had.. would MU draft a project? Would Casey help develop a project? The Raptors have had many centers that ended up becoming stiffs.. with Alibi being the most recent.

If MU still think this team needs young raw talent then sign me up.. but then we need another coach. If MU wants to build on to this season by getting NBA ready talent then he'd be the wrong guy to go after (in my opinion).
    I'm sorry but, didn't Coach Casey help develop two sophomores? Who are starting on the 3rd best team in the east. You have to give Casey some credit on their play.

@Chr1st1anL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    OMG get Tavares in the second round. Any 7'3 player who's coordinated is going to have a long career, whether it's as a backup or starter.

Also, I think Aaron Gordon could be a great fit at our 4. He's 6'8, but way longer than Griffin. His standing reach is higher than Griffin's and he's a lock down defender.

Pairing him with JV gives us one incredible athlete, and a more traditional 7 footer. Love it.
    I like Aaron Gordon as well but I just don't see him falling out of the lottery.

@Chr1st1anL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I'm sorry but, didn't Coach Casey help develop two sophomores? Who are starting on the 3rd best team in the east. You have to give Casey some credit on their play.

True, but would Ross still be a starter if Gay was still on the roster? And would JV get as many minutes as he does if the team still had Bargnani?

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like one PG of the Exum/Smart/Ennis/Lavine will fall to us at 19/20. Not that many teams need PGs and their are so many intriguing Bigs in this draft. We all know Bigs rise around the draft. Same thing with big athletic PG. I can see a scenario where Ennis drops to us.

@Chr1st1anL

Page 61 of 337 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 161 ... LastLast

Thread Information