The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masai Ujiri wrote: View Post
    Wow just after 14:45 in that video, Rose says Wiggins needs to work on his game a lot to get to DeRozan's level.

Watched the whole thing, I'd actually like to see some of these guys stay tbh.
    I agree Randle is the only sure thing that should go for the draft. He's basically a pro in college right now.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• There's talk of Embiid going #1 now? WTF

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        There's talk of Embiid going #1 now? WTF
        Draft is shaping up to be a lot more muddled than originally thought. All the better for the Raps.

Comment

• Heard that Jay Bilas ripped Wiggins last night during the game because of his non chalant play.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Chad Ford's predictions for who each potential lottery team picks #1 if they get the top pick:

Parker - Milwaukee, Utah, Sacramento, Boston, Detroit, New Orleans, Memphis, Minnesota
            Wiggins - Orlando, Denver (either their pick or New York's), Philly
            Embiid - Cleveland, LA Lakers

They also have a fun draft simulation toy so second choices look like this:

Wiggins - Detroit, Boston, the Lakers, Cleveland, Utah
            Randle - Milwaukee, New Orleans, Memphis, Minnesota
            Parker - Philly, Denver
            Embiid - Orlando
            Exum - Sacramento

There is a reasonable chance Wiggins could drop as low as third.

Comment

• Arizona-UCLA has been really good so far.

Ridiculous oop from Gordon:

Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• One thing that's kinda concerning me about Gordon is his free throw shooting. Only 45% on the year, have to see improvement in that area. Kind of surprising given he's a relatively good perimeter shooter (37% on 1.3 tries per game).
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  There's talk of Embiid going #1 now? WTF
                  It's no surprise, he's been soaring up the draft boards for a good while now.

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                    One thing that's kinda concerning me about Gordon is his free throw shooting. Only 45% on the year, have to see improvement in that area. Kind of surprising given he's a relatively good perimeter shooter (37% on 1.3 tries per game).
                    Yeah I'm sure its gonna go up to like 75% once he gets into the NBA,
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                      Arizona-UCLA has been really good so far.

Ridiculous oop from Gordon:

Really liked this game. Arizona looked like a team with pros on it. UCLA had a couple people that might get looks too. Things were never in doubt, despite the score. Is Gordon a top 10 pick? Maybe. But I don't see a star. He needs to put on muscle, improve at the line, and get some post moves. Beautiful from the high post, solid ball handler, moves well...if he stays in school there's potential. But, unless he fills out he's too small to play the 4 and he can guard wings in college, but he'd get torched in the NBA.

There's a lot there for sure -- I really like his game.

Comment

• Finally got around to watching the Michigan State vs Indiana game that's been sitting on the PVR for a little while now.

I'm a big Izzo and Spartans fan but 3 players I really wanted to see were Gary Harris and Adreian Payne (MSU) and Noah Vonleh (Ind).

Payne didn't have a great game. I remember the big time impact he had in games last march, but this game wasn't his best. He forced a few shots and got into foul trouble but made some nice passes. I still like him for the NBA level as a Keon Clark, or even Amir type player, but this wasn't a memorable game for him.

Gary Harris was hurt last march and struggled in the tourney. This game he exploded. His shooting stroke looks beautiful. Very Ray Allen-esque form and quick release. Made some very intelligent defensive plays and got some steals. Not a great finisher at the rim with contact, but he has the look of a pure scorer. He had been dealing with a leg injury going into this game, but he looked fluid in his movements.

Noah Vonleh was aggressive on the glass and showed some nice moves down low. He really reminded me of Chris Bosh in how he moved and ran; not saying he has a Bosh type game, but physically that's who I keep seeing. He struggled against the Spartans length and D (doesn't help that Indiana has only 1 perimeter scorer, so the D packs it in), but you can definitely see something there. Not sure if he comes out this year or returns for his sophomore year, but one day this kid is going to be legit.

Other players that impressed:
                        Keith Appling - PG Sr on MSU
                        I've been curious about Appling since last March. He's undersized but very fast. In this game he scored 14 points during a 15 minute stretch in the 2nd half (didn't score in the first half) by either driving to the hoop or shooting the 3. Reminds me a little of Ty Lawson (speed and 3). He's likely a 2nd round pick and worth consideration.

Andre Dawson - F on MSU
                        Dude is a work horse with great energy. Reminds me of Acy with his intensity and athleticism. Strong defender (he's the guy they had guarding Randle vs Kentucky) and makes hustle plays.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Who at will be available at the 19th pick (our current position)? Hopefully there is a decent 3 available, or a decent pg, who we can groom. One player that I really like is Rodney Hood, who has dropped from the top ten on most draft boards. He is a player I would be interested in moving up to take. But I would like to hear everyone else's opinion on who would be available from 18-22.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                            Who at will be available at the 19th pick (our current position)? Hopefully there is a decent 3 available, or a decent pg, who we can groom. One player that I really like is Rodney Hood, who has dropped from the top ten on most draft boards. He is a player I would be interested in moving up to take. But I would like to hear everyone else's opinion on who would be available from 18-22.
                            I'm hoping Ennis is available in our range. That kid is just years ahead of the curve in terms of running a team. Shoots great %s, is deceptively athletic (even if not elite there), and better defensively than expected.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              I'm hoping Ennis is available in our range. That kid is just years ahead of the curve in terms of running a team. Shoots great %s, is deceptively athletic (even if not elite there), and better defensively than expected.
                              They're playing UNC right now on TSN2.. looking very solid.
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• K-State and Kansas at 4pm on TSN2. I haven't watched Wiggins that much so far.. conference play should be very telling.
                                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                                X