Page 65 of 127 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 2523

Thread: The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Smart isn't going to drop out of top 10; he's too good a player, and frankly a player popping off at a fan who called him a racial slur is hardly a stain on his character.

Post Thanks / Like

Not the first time that "superfan" has done that kind of thing either
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing is, what we see as the top 10 could change so dramatically after the Chicago combines...Perry Jones, Sullinger, were guys that everyone thought would be lottery picks, but they dropped so unexpectedly at the draft. Not saying that it will happen to Smart, but sometimes you wonder who outside of the top 5 are sure things. Seems to happen every draft too that guys you think are sure things fall as far as the second roung...who was that PG everyone was in love with that didn't even get drafted a couple seasons ago...fak this is going to bug me.

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    The thing is, what we see as the top 10 could change so dramatically after the Chicago combines...Perry Jones, Sullinger, were guys that everyone thought would be lottery picks, but they dropped so unexpectedly at the draft. Not saying that it will happen to Smart, but sometimes you wonder who outside of the top 5 are sure things. Seems to happen every draft too that guys you think are sure things fall as far as the second roung...who was that PG everyone was in love with that didn't even get drafted a couple seasons ago...fak this is going to bug me.
    shabazz mohammed?

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Scott Machado?
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote mediumcore wrote: View Post
    the thing is, what we see as the top 10 could change so dramatically after the chicago combines...perry jones, sullinger, were guys that everyone thought would be lottery picks, but they dropped so unexpectedly at the draft. Not saying that it will happen to smart, but sometimes you wonder who outside of the top 5 are sure things. Seems to happen every draft too that guys you think are sure things fall as far as the second roung...who was that pg everyone was in love with that didn't even get drafted a couple seasons ago...fak this is going to bug me.
    ben uzoh?!!
    Whatever you do, do it the best you can

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Scott Machado?
    Yes Machado! and thanks for saving me a day of being annoyed. Not that Machado was a sure fire lottery pick, but so many people were sure he'd go first round...didn't even get drafted, got invided to summer camp, given a chance with the Rockets I beleive, and I don't think he's in the league anymore...maybe D-League.

Post Thanks / Like

Hoops thoughts from Seth Davis at SI. Hits on the Marcus Smart fall-out and some other quick hits (link at bottom)

"Michigan State sophomore guard Gary Harris turned in the best 3-for-20 game I've ever seen during Sunday's loss at Wisconsin. The only reason Harris had to shoot so much was because Keith Appling was out with an injured wrist. Despite his shooting woes (and Wisconsin guard Josh Gasser had much to do with that), Harris still got seven rebounds and three steals, and he made a key jumper late. Yes, he got beat by Traevon Jackson's game-winner, but if you're making a list of guards who play both ends of the floor well, you'd better have Harris right near the top -- even when he's having a bad shooting game."

"During his first 17 games, Andrew Wiggins did not have a single game in which he shot at least 10 free throws. During his last six games, he has reached that threshold three times. Looks like the kid is starting to figure it out."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...orth-carolina/

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    "During his first 17 games, Andrew Wiggins did not have a single game in which he shot at least 10 free throws. During his last six games, he has reached that threshold three times. Looks like the kid is starting to figure it out."
    [/url]
    I'm pretty confident that he'll step his game up in March or in the NBA. He's got the same symptoms that Drummond had, me thinks.

I think his floor is Andre Iguodala.

10. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Another nugget from that article. Interview with Coach Boeheim.

SI.com: Let's start with your freshman point guard, Tyler Ennis. Everyone knew he would be good, but no one knew he was this good. When did you start to realize it?

Boeheim: We played an exhibition tour in Canada last summer against some really good teams. We had one close game, and he took it over. We came from 10 points behind and won. I knew he was pretty good, but that was the first indication that he could be real good.

SI.com: It's odd because he's not that big and not that quick. So what makes him so effective?

Boeheim: He's just calm. Things don't bother him. He has good instincts, so when he sees a play isn't working, he knows he has to make a play. And he gets to the rim. I don't know how, but he's good at that.

SI.com: Do you think he'll turn pro after the season is over?

Boeheim: I don't think so
    . I think he knows and his father knows that he's a really good college player. He has to become a better shooter and get stronger to go to the next level. He'd go in the first round, but look at the number of first-round picks who are already out of the league in the last two years. It's a huge number."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...#ixzz2swakIftf

12. Like stooley liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Is it?

TRB%
    Amir Johnson: 13.3%
    Jonas Valanciunas: 17.6%

BLK%
    Amir Johnson: 3.2%
    Jonas Valanciunas: 2.7%

DRtg
    Amir Johnson: 103
    Jonas Valanciunas: 103

DWS
    Amir Johnson: 2.0
    Jonas Valanciunas: 2.0

Looks like they're both doing their part. Which seems exactly right for this team - everyone pulling in the same direction.

Now give JV more than 111 games.
    Since Dec 8th:

With JV on the court and Amir sitting; Team DRTG 112.2
    With Amir on the court and JV sitting; Team DRTG 104.3

Just saying. JV's my favourite player, but he's got a long way to go until he's a defensive anchor.

14. Like mcHAPPY, stooley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Since Dec 8th:

With JV on the court and Amir sitting; Team DRTG 112.2
    With Amir on the court and JV sitting; Team DRTG 104.3

Just saying. JV's my favourite player, but he's got a long way to go until he's a defensive anchor.
    My argument wasn't that JV is a defensive anchor currently, but simply that we don't really have one, and to write him off as being incapable this early in his career is silly.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

16. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We need a 2016 draft thread

Giannis disagrees; He thinks Kostas could be even better than him.

“I think he’s going to be the best of our family,’’ Giannis said before Saturday night’s Bucks game against Toronto at the BMO Harris Bradley Center. “He’s the best shooter in the family and he’s athletic like all of the Antetokounmpos.

“He’s been playing the game a long time. He knows how to play.’’

The younger Antetokounmpo, who is 15, will be a teammate of Dominican center Diamond Stone, who is regarded by some college recruiters as the best player in the junior class in the country.

http://journaltimes.com/sports/baske...9bb2963f4.html
    He has grown 2" since November
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    We need a 2016 draft thread

He has grown 2" since November
    What year do we own the knicks pick 2016? Lets hope Melo leaves and they suck
    "You know the game is over when you're starters are throwing shirts into the crowd"

- Sixers commentator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
    What year do we own the knicks pick 2016? Lets hope Melo leaves and they suck
    We'll have to hope nuggets suck too.

Nuggets get right to switch with sloppy seconds going to toronto
    Tim Leiweke

20. Like Axel, Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We'll have to hope nuggets suck too.

Nuggets get right to switch with sloppy seconds going to toronto
    Ujiri should have done some roster sabotaging before leaving Denver ahha Trading Ty lawson for vasquez and other bad moves and then bam hes the raps GM
    "You know the game is over when you're starters are throwing shirts into the crowd"

- Sixers commentator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
    Ujiri should have done some roster sabotaging before leaving Denver ahha Trading Ty lawson for vasquez and other bad moves and then bam hes the raps GM
    How bout firing the Coach of the Year and letting Iguodala leave for nothing? Cuz they did do that. Lol
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Raptors Republic Superstar rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Embiid has played 24 games and about 22 minutes per.

Now, the reason that Kansas State got so many layups is a bit more difficult to work through. The obvious answer is that Joel Embiid was out of the game for much of the second half. He’s been dealing with a knee issue since the TCU game two weeks ago and a back issue since Saturday’s win against West Virginia. Bill Self said after the game there’s a chance he might sit out some games.

“Joel is beat up,” Self said after Embiid’s third-straight game in which he played less than 18 minutes. “I’m not going to make one excuse for him, because if you’re out there you have to perform. But certainly, he’s going to get some time off.”
    http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...-kansas-state/

And he is beat up?

How is he going to handle 82 games? I guess when still growing and adjusting to physical play you need to be patient but I'd be worried if I was a GM. Large kids carrying a heavy load creates wear and stress just by walking around.
    Tim Leiweke

25. Like rocwell liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Embiid has played 24 games and about 22 minutes per.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...-kansas-state/

And he is beat up?

How is he going to handle 82 games? I guess when still growing and adjusting to physical play you need to be patient but I'd be worried if I was a GM. Large kids carrying a heavy load creates wear and stress just by walking around.
    That's why all 7' college kids are getting segways at some schools.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/612669696/h08423B90/

Thread Information