The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick first half analysis:

Parker has shown me zip. 2-8 from the field and both makes have been dunks. Forcing it and seemingly disregarding Blue Devils' offense at times. Duke is thriving in transition but can't really do anything when the Cuse zone is set, pts coming off mostly offensive rebounds and 3's. 6-18 3PT thus far, passable but could be better.

As for Dawkins, he's shot the ball ok (2-6 3PT) but hasn't really done much on D. Though he was guarding Cooney early on, and when Dawkins subbed off, Cooney went for 7 straight points.

Ennis looks good. Showing multiple offensive weapons.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• What about Fair, the star of the first half?

Ennis, Grant, Fair, Parker and Hood are headed for the NBA. I don't get that Dawkins is on NBA draft radar. I haven't seen that on mock drafts.

Comment

• Yeah, Fair was nice.

Syracuse needs to pick it up on the defensive glass. Just WAY too many opportunities for Duke thus far this second half.
        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
          Yeah, Fair was nice.
          Taking over now with Parker/Jefferson out w/ 4 fouls. He's been sensational.
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• WOW. WHAT A GAME. Parker/Jefferson both fouled out, Ennis hits 2 FT's to make it a 3pt game with 4 seconds left. Duke runs up the floor and Rasheed Sulaimon hits a three at the buzzer. Overtime.
            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• wow hood

that was a foul

Comment

• CJ Fair just got tackled
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

CJ Fair just got tackled
                  I hope it's not a flagrant, such a great game

edit; syracuse won

Comment

• What a game. Cuse stays undefeated.
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• I am so sold on Ennis. I want him.

Dawkins finishing 5-11, 4-9 from 3.
                      I think he's gotta be on 2nd Round Radars. Especially considering the performances he's had in the past for Duke.

Comment

Quick first half analysis:

As for Dawkins, he's shot the ball ok (2-6 3PT) but hasn't really done much on D. Though he was guarding Cooney early on, and when Dawkins subbed off, Cooney went for 7 straight points.
                        Dawkins is pretty much exclusively a shooter though, he's not known for his defense at all, infact thats why he gets few minutes some nights. Got a real pretty shot though.

First time I've actually watched Ennis tonight, really does look like a good NBA pro prospect, just so poised. You don't need to be super athletic if you have all the changes of pace and moves that he has along with what looks to be very nice touch. More so than Marcus Smart who also lacks athleticism but kinda just charges at the rim and struggles to finish.

good time to be a Canadian Basketball fan, and that's an understatement

Comment

• DraftExpress has their newest mock up, and are projecting Ennis as a top-10 pick now, with the Raps taking Stauskas at #19, Glenn Robinson III with the Kings second-rounder and Jordan MacRae with the Thunder pick:

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2014/

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                            DraftExpress has their newest mock up, and are projecting Ennis as a top-10 pick now, with the Raps taking Stauskas at #19, Glenn Robinson III with the Kings second-rounder and Jordan MacRae with the Thunder pick:

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2014/
                            I'd be fairly happy with that haul but fairly redundant to draft 2 6'6 wingers with DD/Ross already. I'd prefer one of those picks be a PG. They also have Zach Lavine going 26th, and he's someone I'd consider at 19 if he's there (some feel he's top 10, but I'm fairly certain that's been said about 20 players by now).
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              I'd be fairly happy with that haul but fairly redundant to draft 2 6'6 wingers with DD/Ross already. I'd prefer one of those picks be a PG. They also have Zach Lavine going 26th, and he's someone I'd consider at 19 if he's there (some feel he's top 10, but I'm fairly certain that's been said about 20 players by now).
                              If Lavine is there when the Raptors pick and they pass on him, I will riot

Comment

• Draftexpress' mock draft at this point isn't really tailored to team needs and such at all. It's basically just slotting players where they should go with where teams are currently drafting.

why would the raps draft 3 shooting guards?
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X