No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i like stauskas' game. he'd be a solid role player. personally if it was up to me i'd rather swing for the fences a bit more... but i wouldn't be upset with the pick.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• nbadraft.net has Toronto drafting PG Vasilje Micic. Kind of reminds me of Vasquez. Anybody know anything about him? How is his defense?

Comment

• Gary Harris is another 3 and D guy i really like

Jerami Grant really intrigues me though. Has a ton of Paul George to him. In terms of potential i think he's a top 5 player from this draft. He's a guy i'd certainly move up for.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• What this Raps team need is a PF. Just noticed that nbadraft.net has Aaron Gordon going at #18. That is CRAZY. Pretty sure he'll be a top 10 pick same with Zach LaVine. No way he's there at 19. I expect both to be a top 10 pick this year.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
            Gary Harris is another 3 and D guy i really like

Jerami Grant really intrigues me though. Has a ton of Paul George to him. In terms of potential i think he's a top 5 player from this draft. He's a guy i'd certainly move up for.
            I've long touted Gary Harris, but he is certainly going to be long gone by the time the Raps pick. Probably the best SG in the draft.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              I've long touted Gary Harris, but he is certainly going to be long gone by the time the Raps pick. Probably the best SG in the draft.
              oh for sure, just a couple guys i'd love to see MU move up 10 spots or so and grab.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                What this Raps team need is a PF. Just noticed that nbadraft.net has Aaron Gordon going at #18. That is CRAZY. Pretty sure he'll be a top 10 pick same with Zach LaVine. No way he's there at 19. I expect both to be a top 10 pick this year.
                i'd be pretty shocked if Gordon declared this year tbh
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

oh for sure, just a couple guys i'd love to see MU move up 10 spots or so and grab.
                  I love Harris, but he isn't likely a guy I'd trade up for since we already have DD and Ross. Noah Vonleh is probably the only guy I'd swing the fences for (outside of the top 5), and then probably LaVine would be worth moving up 3-5 slots.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

What this Raps team need is a PF. Just noticed that nbadraft.net has Aaron Gordon going at #18. That is CRAZY. Pretty sure he'll be a top 10 pick same with Zach LaVine. No way he's there at 19. I expect both to be a top 10 pick this year.
                    They need a PF but I'm not sure if the draft is the best place to obtain one.. especially if the team wants to maintain its 3rd/4th seed in the East. Gordon is so raw still that it will take him a few years to become a great player (assuming he becomes one).

I know you draft BPA but I'd be very happy if they got a PG... we've been looking for a PG for a long time and if Lowry ends up walking the Raptors will be screwed.

Comment

I love Harris, but he isn't likely a guy I'd trade up for since we already have DD and Ross. Noah Vonleh is probably the only guy I'd swing the fences for (outside of the top 5), and then probably LaVine would be worth moving up 3-5 slots.
                      While i agree getting a guy like Harris might be overkill, i don't think the value of a good sixth man is really appreciated.

Vonleh is certainly very intriguing as well.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

While i agree getting a guy like Harris might be overkill, i don't think the value of a good sixth man is really appreciated.

Vonleh is certainly very intriguing as well.
                        Harris would be an awesome 6th man (good handles, great shot). I just don't think the cost to acquire a high enough pick is worth it. In 2013 draft, you probably could have gotten a 9th pick relatively cheap, but 2014 everything is premium priced. Unless the team is going all-in on the rebuild (letting Lowry walk or S&T and trading Demar for Gary Harris), just don't see the point in paying premium prices.

Comment

I agree. Don't really know much about Vonleh. But LaVine is definitely worth trading up. I don't think we have the assets to land a guy like LaVine though. I'm not trading JV, DD or Ross for him.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

I agree. Don't really know much about Vonleh. But LaVine is definitely worth trading up. I don't think we have the assets to land a guy like LaVine though. I'm not trading JV, DD or Ross for him.
                            If LaVine falls out of the lottery, I really hope that MU moves up to draft him. I think this would be the perfect situation for him. He's raw, and he would be able to learn the game behind Lowry, one of the Raps best PGs of all time (not sure how I feel about that...). He wouldn't be forced to contribute right away, and we have a really positive atmosphere with a bunch of hard working guys, which I think is a great environment for developing players.
                            "Bruno?
                            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I'm not convinced that LaVine is un-attainable if he declares. LaVine is the 4th best PG prospect behind Exum, Smart and Ennis. How many PG needy teams are there? Exum and Smart will get drafted because they are elite prospects, but Ennis and LaVine could slip as teams balance team need. BPA is all well and good, but really there are likely 15-20 guys all in the similar range, and in that case, you draft BPA at position of weakness. I wouldn't be shocked to see either be available to the Raps if they get in the 17-20 range.

Comment

I'm not convinced that LaVine is un-attainable if he declares. LaVine is the 4th best PG prospect behind Exum, Smart and Ennis. How many PG needy teams are there? Exum and Smart will get drafted because they are elite prospects, but Ennis and LaVine could slip as teams balance team need. BPA is all well and good, but really there are likely 15-20 guys all in the similar range, and in that case, you draft BPA at position of weakness. I wouldn't be shocked to see either be available to the Raps if they get in the 17-20 range.
                                exactly, if a team doesn't want to trade a first round pick for lowry why would they draft a second tier pg in the top half of the draft?
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X