No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like him. Good athlete, NBA ready, hopefully his head is screwed on bit better after his brushes with the law in North Carolina.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      This is why numbers don't tell the whole story. Who hear actually believe that Amir and JV equally as good on D?
      Agreed, especially DRAT, since it is more of a team stat than anything else.

As for the rebounding %, JV's is higher because he isn't used to guard the PnR as much and is closer to the basket more often than Amir. Although I do think JV is still a better rebounder than Amir anyhow.

JV is just as good at challenging shots. He just needs to work on being vocal on the back end as well as learning to read and rotate quicker, he is a step slow (partially due to age, partially due to him being slower this year)

Comment

• Oregon-Arizona, now on TSN2.
        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          JV has just been so disappointing on that side...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Oh God I accidentally liked this post, it was a terrible mistake and now I can't undo it.

JV has not been disappointing at all. He is a young player learning the ropes. Running an offense as a point guard and anchoring a defense as a centre are the two hardest things to do for young players, and are especially difficult without college experience.

That's why Embiid is thinking about staying another year. You learn rotations and help defense through situational repetitions. Thousands of them. Until you develop instincts.

I firmly believe Val is going to be a defensive standout and multi-year all star in the future. We just have to be patient and let him work through mistakes... Just like we did with Demar.

Comment

• On a side note, DX has us taking Stauskas.

Seems like a hard worker and solid player, but with Ross and Demar not sure he'd get much time to develop.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
              Oh God I accidentally liked this post, it was a terrible mistake and now I can't undo it.

JV has not been disappointing at all. He is a young player learning the ropes. Running an offense as a point guard and anchoring a defense as a centre are the two hardest things to do for young players, and are especially difficult without college experience.

That's why Embiid is thinking about staying another year. You learn rotations and help defense through situational repetitions. Thousands of them. Until you develop instincts.

I firmly believe Val is going to be a defensive standout and multi-year all star in the future. We just have to be patient and let him work through mistakes... Just like we did with Demar.
              Yeah but DD still isn't an defensive stand out. Theirs nothing wrong with that. You just build around that. I see JV as Pau Gasol but, not so soft.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                On a side note, DX has us taking Stauskas.

Seems like a hard worker and solid player, but with Ross and Demar not sure he'd get much time to develop.
                They don't take need in consideration. Just ranking the prospects.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I decided to change my mind on Marcus Smart, he has a REALLY Elite NBA ability that only the absolute superstars in the league have, and he even managed to do it twice in one play! I don't even think Chris Paul or LeBron have such a high ceiling in this department.

Comment

• To continue with the JV Amir talks, for the past month or so Amir has absolutely sucked and has been a huge liability on the glass and the defensive end.

Comment

• Akkerman wrote: View Post
                      To continue with the JV Amir talks, for the past month or so Amir has absolutely sucked and has been a huge liability on the glass and the defensive end.
                      Someone posted that our defense has been significantly worse the past couple of weeks than it was to start the season. Maybe the two have something to do with each other.
                      "Bruno?
                      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Anyone watching the Arizona game? The score looks like they're in trouble.

FYI this thread is meant to talk about draft prospects NOT players that already have threads on them.
                        STOP TRYING TO HIJACK THE THREAD! When March/April roles around this thread could be a great resource...BUT NOT if it keeps getting HIJACKED! Thanks

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                          FYI this thread is meant to talk about draft prospects NOT players that already have threads on them.
                          STOP TRYING TO HIJACK THE THREAD! When March/April roles around this thread could be a great resource...BUT NOT if it keeps getting HIJACKED! Thanks
                          ...thanks blackjitsu ... sorry sir....

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            Lol Z-Bo + Athletic ...
                            That's just how little I think of Al's athleticism.

Comment

• Chris Walker is very interesting as well. Just played his first game on Tuesday.

6'9" 7'2" wingspan. Jumps out the gym.

http://youtu.be/kREeYKxYPYk

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                                Anyone watching the Arizona game? The score looks like they're in trouble.
                                Looks like they pulled it out in the end. They're lucky they have an NBA level prospect in Hollis Jefferson to come in to the starting lineup and replace the guy that went out with the season ending injury. 14 and 10 for him

Also, Aaron Gordon 2/11 from the free throw line, only 42% on the season which is interesting!

Comment

Working...
                                X