No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think we should take in the fact that Tom Izzo has developed a couple NBA ready prospects in his tenure. Mo Pete, Green as some examples. It will be interesting what direction MU takes. They couple a project like Chris Walker with huge potential or a proven more ready to contribute Adreian Payne on the board. Should be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      I think we should take in the fact that Tom Izzo has developed a couple NBA ready prospects in his tenure. Mo Pete, Green as some examples. It will be interesting what direction MU takes. They couple a project like Chris Walker with huge potential or a proven more ready to contribute Adreian Payne on the board. Should be interesting.
      Mo Pete and Draymond Green are both good examples, but neither were high picks. The school produces good players, but most players stay in school longer and drop to later in the draft.

After Jason Richardson (5th in 2001) and Steve Smith (5th 1991), you have to go back to Magic Johnson (#1 in 1979) to find a top 10 pick. I guess it's like a once in a decade type of thing, and Gary Harris is probably next in line (although he'd still likely 8-15 range).
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        Mo Pete and Draymond Green are both good examples, but neither were high picks. The school produces good players, but most players stay in school longer and drop to later in the draft.

After Jason Richardson (5th in 2001) and Steve Smith (5th 1991), you have to go back to Magic Johnson (#1 in 1979) to find a top 10 pick. I guess it's like a once in a decade type of thing, and Gary Harris is probably next in line (although he'd still likely 8-15 range).
        I never made argument about him being a high pick. I do believe you could as high as 18 pick though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          I never made argument about him being a high pick. I do believe you could as high as 18 pick though
          You said Top 20 pick, I took that to mean he is going in the Top 20. My point is, Payne is likely in the 18-30 range, most likely around 22-26.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Payne = Taj Gibson.

Comment

• Smart isn't going to drop out of top 10; he's too good a player, and frankly a player popping off at a fan who called him a racial slur is hardly a stain on his character.

Comment

• Not the first time that "superfan" has done that kind of thing either
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• The thing is, what we see as the top 10 could change so dramatically after the Chicago combines...Perry Jones, Sullinger, were guys that everyone thought would be lottery picks, but they dropped so unexpectedly at the draft. Not saying that it will happen to Smart, but sometimes you wonder who outside of the top 5 are sure things. Seems to happen every draft too that guys you think are sure things fall as far as the second roung...who was that PG everyone was in love with that didn't even get drafted a couple seasons ago...fak this is going to bug me.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                    The thing is, what we see as the top 10 could change so dramatically after the Chicago combines...Perry Jones, Sullinger, were guys that everyone thought would be lottery picks, but they dropped so unexpectedly at the draft. Not saying that it will happen to Smart, but sometimes you wonder who outside of the top 5 are sure things. Seems to happen every draft too that guys you think are sure things fall as far as the second roung...who was that PG everyone was in love with that didn't even get drafted a couple seasons ago...fak this is going to bug me.
                    shabazz mohammed?
                    "Bruno?
                    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                      The thing is, what we see as the top 10 could change so dramatically after the Chicago combines...Perry Jones, Sullinger, were guys that everyone thought would be lottery picks, but they dropped so unexpectedly at the draft. Not saying that it will happen to Smart, but sometimes you wonder who outside of the top 5 are sure things. Seems to happen every draft too that guys you think are sure things fall as far as the second roung...who was that PG everyone was in love with that didn't even get drafted a couple seasons ago...fak this is going to bug me.
                      Scott Machado?

Comment

• mediumcore wrote: View Post
                        the thing is, what we see as the top 10 could change so dramatically after the chicago combines...perry jones, sullinger, were guys that everyone thought would be lottery picks, but they dropped so unexpectedly at the draft. Not saying that it will happen to smart, but sometimes you wonder who outside of the top 5 are sure things. Seems to happen every draft too that guys you think are sure things fall as far as the second roung...who was that pg everyone was in love with that didn't even get drafted a couple seasons ago...fak this is going to bug me.
                        ben uzoh?!!

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          Scott Machado?
                          Yes Machado! and thanks for saving me a day of being annoyed. Not that Machado was a sure fire lottery pick, but so many people were sure he'd go first round...didn't even get drafted, got invided to summer camp, given a chance with the Rockets I beleive, and I don't think he's in the league anymore...maybe D-League.

Comment

• Hoops thoughts from Seth Davis at SI. Hits on the Marcus Smart fall-out and some other quick hits (link at bottom)

"Michigan State sophomore guard Gary Harris turned in the best 3-for-20 game I've ever seen during Sunday's loss at Wisconsin. The only reason Harris had to shoot so much was because Keith Appling was out with an injured wrist. Despite his shooting woes (and Wisconsin guard Josh Gasser had much to do with that), Harris still got seven rebounds and three steals, and he made a key jumper late. Yes, he got beat by Traevon Jackson's game-winner, but if you're making a list of guards who play both ends of the floor well, you'd better have Harris right near the top -- even when he's having a bad shooting game."

"During his first 17 games, Andrew Wiggins did not have a single game in which he shot at least 10 free throws. During his last six games, he has reached that threshold three times. Looks like the kid is starting to figure it out."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...orth-carolina/

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              "During his first 17 games, Andrew Wiggins did not have a single game in which he shot at least 10 free throws. During his last six games, he has reached that threshold three times. Looks like the kid is starting to figure it out."
                              [/url]
                              I'm pretty confident that he'll step his game up in March or in the NBA. He's got the same symptoms that Drummond had, me thinks.

I think his floor is Andre Iguodala.
                              "Bruno?
                              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Another nugget from that article. Interview with Coach Boeheim.

SI.com: Let's start with your freshman point guard, Tyler Ennis. Everyone knew he would be good, but no one knew he was this good. When did you start to realize it?

Boeheim: We played an exhibition tour in Canada last summer against some really good teams. We had one close game, and he took it over. We came from 10 points behind and won. I knew he was pretty good, but that was the first indication that he could be real good.

SI.com: It's odd because he's not that big and not that quick. So what makes him so effective?

Boeheim: He's just calm. Things don't bother him. He has good instincts, so when he sees a play isn't working, he knows he has to make a play. And he gets to the rim. I don't know how, but he's good at that.

SI.com: Do you think he'll turn pro after the season is over?

Boeheim: I don't think so
                                . I think he knows and his father knows that he's a really good college player. He has to become a better shooter and get stronger to go to the next level. He'd go in the first round, but look at the number of first-round picks who are already out of the league in the last two years. It's a huge number."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...#ixzz2swakIftf

Comment

Working...
                                X