Thread: New Interview with Tim Leiweke!

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Interview with Tim Leiweke!

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=nba-latest/l...10873/clip/200

Hopefully greener pastures are on the way in the future of the Toronto Raptors

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

The decision on changing the Raptors' name or not is coming soon.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

He reminds me of Brian Burke....

Post Thanks / Like

it sounds like hes really looking at changing the name

sadface

Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

hmmm... hes not that bad
    yes! keep the name change the colours
    if theres one reason i dont want the name raptors to change it because i cant stand parting with the mascot i love him too much
    Last edited by lilmamba_; Sat Sep 28th, 2013 at 08:51 AM.
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, he certainly knows how to give good answers. I'm excited for what he has in mind.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

kevin garnett spends most of his summers in toronto?!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that interview is months old, not new

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote p00ka wrote: View Post
    I believe that interview is months old, not new
    It is less than one week.

http://blogs.thescore.com/raptorblog...rian-williams/
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    That's the blog, but I'm talking about the INTERVIEW that this thread claims to be 'new". The blog says the interview was "recent". When was the interview, if it "is less than one week"?

Raptors Republic Rookie GoldenBaller's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one that feels the name "Raptors" sounds like a Under-12 Lacrosse team?

Post Thanks / Like

That's the blog, but I'm talking about the INTERVIEW that this thread claims to be 'new". The blog says the interview was "recent". When was the interview, if it "is less than one week"?
    Most of us around here are usually on top of interviews, news articles, etc. as they come out. I've never seen this one. I'm making the assumption it is relatively new - like less than a week.

Since you are making the claim it is old, could you provide some evidence to this? I know that is not how you tend to roll but I'm kind of interested in when it was actually done now.

RaptorsBlog at theScore.com are kind of paid to post on Raptors news as it comes out. I don't think they are going to take months to make a post on an interview. Given that the blog post was from 3 days ago I thought I'd add a few days just in case an interview fell through the cracks.

Also RealGM tends to have things posted almost immediately. A thread started there for this interview on September 25th - I believe that is less than a week ago.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...f=32&t=1275152

Then you have the guy chastising another for calling the interview "new" when a thread was already started 2 days prior:
    http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...5430#p37034001
    Tim Leiweke

Post Thanks / Like

Quote GoldenBaller wrote: View Post
    Am I the only one that feels the name "Raptors" sounds like a Under-12 Lacrosse team?
    Probably

Post Thanks / Like

The video doesn't work for me

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Most of us around here are usually on top of interviews, news articles, etc. as they come out. I've never seen this one. I'm making the assumption it is relatively new - like less than a week.

Since you are making the claim it is old, could you provide some evidence to this? I know that is not how you tend to roll but I'm kind of interested in when it was actually done now.

RaptorsBlog at theScore.com are kind of paid to post on Raptors news as it comes out. I don't think they are going to take months to make a post on an interview. Given that the blog post was from 3 days ago I thought I'd add a few days just in case an interview fell through the cracks.

Also RealGM tends to have things posted almost immediately. A thread started there for this interview on September 25th - I believe that is less than a week ago.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...f=32&t=1275152

Then you have the guy chastising another for calling the interview "new" when a thread was already started 2 days prior:
    http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...5430#p37034001
    You wish to continue your snotty ways, but that's how you roll. Look, I'm not the one that created this thread claiming that an interview that the link doesn't link to is new. The blog it was quoted from simply says "recent". Though I still haven't been able to actually see this "new interview" (have you? do you have a link that works?), but the blogger talks of the exact stuff TL was babbling months ago, all I've got to go on is:
    - since there's no actual date associated with it, anybody is left to assume what "recent" means. Do you know this blogger well enough to know what his/her "recent" means? In normal every day language, that can be anywhere from minutes to months.
    - somehow I can't imagine TL is spouting the same stuff in a current interview as he spouted months ago

Now I could be very wrong on this new/old thing, and if you or the OP can actually link to the interview itself, and identify a date, I'll gladly eat my words.

PS. Sorry, but whatever some commenters are posting on RealGM is no evidence of anything for me.
    Last edited by p00ka; Sat Sep 28th, 2013 at 04:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

You wish to continue your snotty ways, but that's how you roll. Look, I'm not the one that created this thread claiming that an interview that the link doesn't link to is new. The blog it was quoted from simply says "recent". Though I still haven't been able to actually see this "new interview" (have you? do you have a link that works?), but the blogger talks of the exact stuff TL was babbling months ago, all I've got to go on is:
    - since there's no actual date associated with it, anybody is left to assume what "recent" means. Do you know this blogger well enough to know what his/her "recent" means? In normal every day language, that can be anywhere from minutes to months.
    - somehow I can't imagine TL is spouting the same stuff in a current interview as he spouted months ago

Now I could be very wrong on this new/old thing, and if you or the OP can actually link to the interview itself, and identify a date, I'll gladly eat my words.

PS. Sorry, but whatever some commenters are posting on RealGM is no evidence of anything for me.
    You are right. I came off as snotty.

Yes, I've watched it twice and I had not see it before. He is talking same hype stuff leaving everything open to interpretation. With regards to rebranding the franchise, he said decisions had to be made soon as deadline was in one month. So if anyone can find the deadline for requesting franchise nickname change (I can't) we would have an approximate idea of when the interview was done.

The link was working originally, it is not now.
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic Rookie TorontoRaptors4Eva's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

saw this a couple days ago.. dont want a name change...
    IF YOU WANT THE NAME TO STAY PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION

https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitio...t-the-raptors#
    Live. Breath. Sleep. Raptors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote GoldenBaller wrote: View Post
    thats why its awesome

Post Thanks / Like

Keep the name. That is the only thing about this organization that has not contributed to the constant failure. Fix the talent issues first.

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The name raptors, and the claw, would be quite badass if this was a 55 win team, trust me.

21. Like Sig liked this post

Thread Information