Where are the Triano haters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the Triano haters?

The team has been performing well and they've won the last two games without Chris Bosh. So I ask you Triano haters, do you guys still think he should be fired or have you guys wised up?
    Toronto's Finest

I'm not a Triano hater but they beat two teams so bad that if you combine their wins, they still have less than the Raptors. Also one could argue that if he managed his players better, the Memphis game would have been won in the fourth quarter.

However I have always liked him. He is still a rookie coach (kind of) and he and his team have gotten consistently better this whole year. The playoffs will be a better test of his true merit.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Once you reach Max Level, you stop leveling

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Comment

Ah yyeah looking for Triano haters? The Raps still play laughable defense, one of the most coachable areas of the game. They still regularly fail on after time-out plays. Whether defending where they manage to immediately leave the best three point shooter on the other team open from 3 or on offense with a team who still really don't seem to know who they want with the ball at the end of a game... I was so disappointed when he kept Triano on, he is said to be a great coach, yes, but why did Colangelo have to make our team even more Canadian when that is the one thing keeping a lot of players away. I am a proud Canadian by the way but I'd rather have an established coach, considering our last coach who was gifted his first Head Coach job was such a terrible experiment.

Comment

Would a vet coach really have made a difference? Do you really think they would be ahead of Boston, Atlanta, Orlando, Cleveland in the standings if they hired Avery, Van Gundy etc? The only difference would be that they would be getting paid probably double the money Triano is making, money which Colangelo really couldn't pay because he is still paying off Sam Mitchel's contract. The Raptors are improving and starting to peak close to playoff time, which is the most you can ask for.

Coaches aren't remembered for regular season wins, they're remembered for playoff wins. How the Raps do against (most likely) Boston will make or break a lot of people's opinions about this topic

Once you reach Max Level, you stop leveling

Comment

Beating the Nets, and barely beating the Wizards isn't an accomplishment. They lost a very winnable game against a Memphis team that was just coming off a back to back thanks to some questionable coaching decisions.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
            Beating the Nets, and barely beating the Wizards isn't an accomplishment. They lost a very winnable game against a Memphis team that was just coming off a back to back thanks to some questionable coaching decisions.
            +1

I haven't been one of the many Triano skeptics, but without Bosh against good teams the effort we've played in the last 2 games without Bosh isn't something to brag about. If these were teams like Miami, OKC or Cleveland and we played like we just did against NJ and Washington, we'd be blown out of the water. Not necessarily because of Jay's coaching, but because we just aren't that great of a team without Bosh period.

Comment

You are looking for a Triano Hater? I am a Triano Hater and my name is RAPMAN.

As much as I like Triano's offensive plays and I think he is one of the better coaches in the league at running offense, Triano as an overall coach, is just not NBA head coach material. Don't get me wrong, I love Triano as a person, but he makes want to choke him as a coach. My biggest problem with him is his use of timeouts and his use of rotation players during the game.

This guy has no sense of momentum whats so ever. I was watching the game yesterday, I was like I wish we have Flip saunders right now. The guy was is a master of calling time outs. Whenever we started to feel it a little bit, he would call a timeout and stop the run... Triano always does that when the other team is already on a 10-0 run...

Another thing that is making go naughts about him, is him taking out Hot players, or staying with players that are just not working. We lost the Memphis game, just because Mr. Triano decided to keep switching Calderon on Gay..... Gay just scored on top of him 10 times in a row... and what did Triano do? Nada.... And that is a sign of a Horrible Coach...

Yes, I am a Triano Hater, and I am not ashamed of it one bit!
              Take out the salami and cheese MAMA, this ball gameeeeee is OVERRRR!

Comment

RAPMAN wrote: View Post
                You are looking for a Triano Hater? I am a Triano Hater and my name is RAPMAN.

As much as I like Triano's offensive plays and I think he is one of the better coaches in the league at running offense, Triano as an overall coach, is just not NBA head coach material. Don't get me wrong, I love Triano as a person, but he makes want to choke him as a coach. My biggest problem with him is his use of timeouts and his use of rotation players during the game.

This guy has no sense of momentum whats so ever. I was watching the game yesterday, I was like I wish we have Flip saunders right now. The guy was is a master of calling time outs. Whenever we started to feel it a little bit, he would call a timeout and stop the run... Triano always does that when the other team is already on a 10-0 run...

Another thing that is making go naughts about him, is him taking out Hot players, or staying with players that are just not working. We lost the Memphis game, just because Mr. Triano decided to keep switching Calderon on Gay..... Gay just scored on top of him 10 times in a row... and what did Triano do? Nada.... And that is a sign of a Horrible Coach...

Yes, I am a Triano Hater, and I am not ashamed of it one bit!
                I completely agree with your assessment on Jay and add his continuing stubbornness of using the 2 pg's lineup with Hedo at crunch time. At times I kind of wonder whether we're too critical of Jay but then again watching recurring events like the Calderon/Gay fiasco or losing 23 pt leads twice in the past month, I can only say that its only because Jay is a local boy that keeps him from being runned of town sooner.

Comment

Right here!

Oh, I'm still here. I'm sure a lot of fellow Triano haters are still here. They've just come to the realization that there's no point saying anything anymore. He's just terrible. Plain and simple.

Recent point: The grizzlies. Up five with a buck and change left. The griz come out of a time out and drop a crazy 3 quick, cutting the lead to 2. Jay has 2 TO left. Does he use one? Does he gather his group? Does he make sure they run a good play to build the lead back up?

Of course not.

He let's his shell shocked players keep playing, where they barely get the ball over half in time, desperately fumble the ball around creating zero opportunities, ending with a terrible shot gets thrown up. The rest is history. Great job Triano!

The Raptors have not been winning because of Triano, they have been winning in spite of him. And anyone who doesn't realize that has no idea what a coach's job is. His timeouts are terrible and erratic, never actually having any sway on the momentum of the game. His rotations and subs are based on keeping people happy rather than keeping the right people on the floor. And he doesn't have the balls to call anyone out. My god, COLANGELO had to stage the intervention meeting.

While I'm sure he's a fine practice coach and a great person, probably why Team USA has him, he is a terrible head coach. Has no idea what he's doing on the sidelines and the "MGD Nothing to Hide moment" is probably the most embarassing thing I have to endure as a Raptors fan.

Let's not just have a terribly bad head coach, let's also show the entire world just how bad he is by recording his uninspiring, unhelpful, all-over-the-place, huddle talks. I'll take the horrible Ford pre-game video from last year in exchange for never having to hear Jay in a huddle ever again.

Comment

I think he is great at player development. But poor at managing the game itself, or thinking quickly within the game. He is extremely stubborn and doesn't recognize when things don't work. How many games did we lose alone due to Cack, or the stupid schemes we had early?
                    I am still quite disappointed in our defense. Teams score too many points on us, too easily. I wouldn't mind him so much if we'd hired an elite defensive mind as an assistant coach. But it is clear that Iavaroni sucks at this. On the bright side, we have an amazing offense (supposedly). But I suspect a lot of this is just due to having Bosh and a bunch of shooters. Probably most experienced coaches could do equally well.

But yeah, I've gotten tired of complaining since nothing I say can really affect things. I would hope that we investigate getting a more established coach in the offseason, however.

Comment

There will always be people who hate on certain coaches no matter how good a team performs, or how much it improves. I mostly leave these people to vent and spout off whatever they want because they hold a trump card - If the team doesn't win a championship, the coach obviously sucks.

They want "established" coaches like Flip Saunders and Eddie Jordan because their coaching prowess should be obvious to all the others out there, despite their teams' pitiful records. They want Avery Johnson, disregarding that he is absolutely insufferable and had a team completely quit on him.

I don't touch Xs and Os argument, because Jay has shown that he is adept enough in that area no matter what some may say. I shy away from "defense is the most coachable aspect of the game," because whatever system is in place it is up to the players to execute it with maximum effort night in and night out.

What I say is that the best sign of a good pro coach is to get a solid nightly effort out of his players, and to get his players to play with a winning attitude. This is something Triano has undeniably done successfully this year. He's taken a team with a returning core of 3 players and integrated the rest remarkably well. Does this mean he's the greatest coach ever? of course not, but to say "he sucks" "cant coach" "rotations are shitty," just makes me wonder through what lens of infallibility are these people watching the games?

It doesn't surprise me that he still has his haters, because the coach is the easiest one to blame when things aren't going well. There are ALWAYS people who want coaches fired. This doesn't bother me too much, except when a team is actually playing well, like the Raps are currently. The detractors maintain out in full force, even if their arguments have no relevance or applicability. And then all they say is "wait for the playoffs" like they are fucking Miss Cleo or something.

I have no illusions about a Raptors championship this year, but Jay, BC and the players have put an exciting product together, and they have given us truthers something to puff our chests about.

Comment

hmm...

Someone's been drinking Doug Smith's kool aid.

Comment

CripwalkinK wrote: View Post
                          The team has been performing well and they've won the last two games without Chris Bosh. So I ask you Triano haters, do you guys still think he should be fired or have you guys wised up?
                          CripwalkinK, the team is winning now and so who is really going to complain? That doesn't mean Jay doesn't have the same inadequicies as before.

By the way, how do you define "hater"?

Comment

Working...
                          X