Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*OFFICIAL PETITION* - Save the Toronto Raptors Name! (link inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL PETITION* - Save the Toronto Raptors Name! (link inside)

Help save the Toronto Raptors name! Support your team when they need you the absolute most and tell MLSE to keep the brand! Time is ticking! Sign & share!
    http://chn.ge/14SyZlv

Petition will be delivered to:
    Larry Tanenbaum - Chairman, Board of Directors (MLSE)
    Tim Leiweke - President & CEO (MLSE)
    Masai Ujiri - President & GM (Basketball Operations)
    Shannon Hosford - VP Marketing & Communication (MLSE)

Time Remaining: 1 Month
    - Share on facebook, twitter, email and more!

This is SPECIFICALLY for fans that want to save the Raptors brand.
    We have a few weeks left.
    Let's do this!

Yes!! Finally someone did this!! The name needs to stay
    Live. Breath. Sleep. Raptors

Comment

Only problem I have with signing is that I have to create an account. Otherwise, I'm not sure it's needed, but support the effort!!

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
        Only problem I have with signing is that I have to create an account. Otherwise, I'm not sure it's needed, but support the effort!!
        You can just fill in your details and click "sign"; there's no mandatory profile activation.

Comment

It's official they won't change the name but, design and colors up for grabs
          http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor..._kelly.bb.html
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            It's official they won't change the name but, design and colors up for grabs
            http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor..._kelly.bb.html
            lool wrong link the articles about drake
            What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
            The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
            No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

You think Admin's are pissed off they may have to change the name of this website and buy a new domain? lol

Comment

I will not be signing this.
                A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

GoldenBaller wrote: View Post
                  I will not be signing this.
                  why not? oh wait dont answer me dumb question..
                  What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                  The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                    lool wrong link the articles about drake
                    you could actually read the article

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
                      you could actually read the article
                      man....

Comment

They're not changing the name already, lol.

Who cares if the colors are up for grabs. Chances are they won't change either, lol.

Comment

NOTE: Part of the strategy behind making MLSE Basketball Operations "cool" again is landing celebrity endorsers. Being from the city, Drake was high on the list, and you can expect to see a few more announced in 2014. (*crosses fingers that Drake put in a clause saying he'd only help them if they keep the name so they can announce keeping "Raptors" early)
                          - I actually have a meeting on the 7th and might be able to provide some additional insight afterwards

Thus, if you're a supporter of the Raptors name, it's super important to sign the petition. Use your voice while you still have a chance.
                          http://chn.ge/14SyZlv
                          Last edited by gametime; Sun Sep 29, 2013, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Drake is the biggest name in the Hip-hop world now, but even with most of the NBA players looking up to him I bet he won't have much success luring talent to Toronto. Toronto is a market the size and revenue similar to Chicago, but their NBA reality is Minnesota and Milwaukee.

At the height of Vinsanity, when he was one-of if not the most popular player in the game at the time, Raptors being shown on American national broadcasts. What did the attention and hype attract? A washed up Olajuwon and that's it. I'm wishing Drake the best of luck, but Toronto is still stunted by its geography.
                            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

No need for this. The name Raps is not goin anyhere

http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor...ing_kelly.html
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                              X