Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Drake Global Ambassador of the Toronto Raptors

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Drake Global Ambassador of the Toronto Raptors

@Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

YEA MAN! we got drake on board <3 drizzy everyone on raptors republic loves you!!!!!!!!!

opps.. wrong site to be fan girling on sorry
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I mean, it could be worse?

We have one of the biggest names on the universe as an Ambassador of the Raps.

Good PR move I guess, lol.

4. Like LBF, Joey, Mack North liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote phiLLy wrote: View Post

Not a huge fan either, but the youngins love him... So I guess I'm on board.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys look on the goddam bright side for once yesterday it was Bargnani and Primo commercials and today its Drake..... thats gotta be a positive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote phiLLy wrote: View Post

Exactly my thoughts. He seems to be a good enough role model for a younger generation of basketball/Raptors fan, and while I'm not a fan of his music, I'm a fan of what he does for the city of Toronto. He represents this city to the fullest, and I respect that.
    In Masai we Trust.

8. Like Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember going to a Raptors game vs Heat where they showed on the videotron on that Drake was sitting courtside. The Raptor mascot went over and they presented him with a Raptors jersey and he put it on and waved to the crowd.

Then later they showed him, the jersey was nowhere to be found.

I guess he's getting paid for this so it's worth his while..
    your pal,
    ebrian

10. Like RandomGuy liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Why couldn't they get Alan Thicke?!?!?!
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

12. Like Axel, LBF liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

At least it wasn't the Bieb

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    I remember going to a Raptors game vs Heat where they showed on the videotron on that Drake was sitting courtside. The Raptor mascot went over and they presented him with a Raptors jersey and he put it on and waved to the crowd.

Then later they showed him, the jersey was nowhere to be found.

I guess he's getting paid for this so it's worth his while..
    He is still a Lebron fan first and a Raptors fan second, so that happening isn't too much of a surprise. I am curious to see how he markets this team, besides re-designing the logo and colours.
    Last edited by Raptorsss; Mon Sep 30th, 2013 at 01:28 PM.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Why couldn't they get Alan Thicke?!?!?!
    hahaha. That's rich..
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

16. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    He is still a Lebron fan first and a Raptors fan second, so that happening isn't too much of a surprise. I am curious to see how he markets this team, besides re-designing the logo and colours?
    If I recall correctly, he wasn't wearing a Lebron jersey either -- he was actually wearing Blue Jays stuff.
    your pal,
    ebrian

18. Like gametime liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie gametime's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Drake's next album art?...

20. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote gametime wrote: View Post
    Drake's next album art?...
    Did you just draw that? If so, impressive!
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

22. Like gametime liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess to not really understanding this. What the hell is he going to do? Does he just go around wearing Raps' gear and telling people how great they are? Is the point to sell more merchandise? I can't imagine a single person buying season tickets cause Drake is now wearing Raptors hats. Hell, I can't imaginemost people who buy season tickets having ever heard a Drake song or having more than a passing knowledge of the name.

All I know about him is that: he's Canadian; he was on some Canadian tv show; and his existence as a famous person is yet further evidence that kids and teenagers are stupid and will buy anything.

Raptors Republic Rookie gametime's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    What the hell is he going to do?
    Drake's primary responsibility is American demographic promotion.
    - Hopefully the new brand saves the Raptor mascot and doesn't go the bird of prey or planes route, but even with a new brand to be proud of, this entire rebrand only succeeds if the Raptors have consistent playoff appearances resulting in national tv exposure in the U.S., year-over-year

Raptors Republic Rookie EL_CHAPO's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess to not really understanding this. What the hell is he going to do? Does he just go around wearing Raps' gear and telling people how great they are? Is the point to sell more merchandise? I can't imagine a single person buying season tickets cause Drake is now wearing Raptors hats. Hell, I can't imagine most people who buy season tickets having ever heard a Drake song or having more than a passing knowledge of the name.

All I know about him is that: he's Canadian; he was on some Canadian tv show; and his existence as a famous person is yet further evidence that kids and teenagers are stupid and will buy anything.
    I donno if they have drake fans over there in calgary.. but if you have a radio, television or computer.. its pretty safe to say you've heard a drake song, or at least heard of him... It shows the fans that the organization is trying to be more relevant. They want to be more popular so they are collaborating with superstars. "Drizzy" has influence on athletes, just look at his close friendship with Johnny Manziel, heisman winning quarterback for texas a & m.

26. Like LBF, gametime liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess to not really understanding this. What the hell is he going to do? Does he just go around wearing Raps' gear and telling people how great they are? Is the point to sell more merchandise? I can't imagine a single person buying season tickets cause Drake is now wearing Raptors hats. Hell, I can't imaginemost people who buy season tickets having ever heard a Drake song or having more than a passing knowledge of the name.

Geez, someone wants to usurp me as the resident ol' grump. "I confess" to believing that nobody but you gives a damn whether you understand or not, but it's pretty pompous to insult an entire generation because their tastes don't jive with yours. Just how important do you think you are?

28. Like Sig, Joey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

wow

are you like 50 years old?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote gametime wrote: View Post
    Drake's primary responsibility is American demographic promotion.
    Those words, in that order, make no sense. I stand by my original point: this seems pointless. If MLSE spent as much time focused on winning as they did on making more money, they wouldn't have two of the most futile teams in NA professional sports.

Now, get off my lawn you damn kids....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information