Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slaw wrote: View Post
    What the hell is he going to do?
    Drake's primary responsibility is American demographic promotion.
    - Hopefully the new brand saves the Raptor mascot and doesn't go the bird of prey or planes route, but even with a new brand to be proud of, this entire rebrand only succeeds if the Raptors have consistent playoff appearances resulting in national tv exposure in the U.S., year-over-year

Comment

I confess to not really understanding this. What the hell is he going to do? Does he just go around wearing Raps' gear and telling people how great they are? Is the point to sell more merchandise? I can't imagine a single person buying season tickets cause Drake is now wearing Raptors hats. Hell, I can't imagine most people who buy season tickets having ever heard a Drake song or having more than a passing knowledge of the name.

All I know about him is that: he's Canadian; he was on some Canadian tv show; and his existence as a famous person is yet further evidence that kids and teenagers are stupid and will buy anything.
      I donno if they have drake fans over there in calgary.. but if you have a radio, television or computer.. its pretty safe to say you've heard a drake song, or at least heard of him... It shows the fans that the organization is trying to be more relevant. They want to be more popular so they are collaborating with superstars. "Drizzy" has influence on athletes, just look at his close friendship with Johnny Manziel, heisman winning quarterback for texas a & m.

Comment

I confess to not really understanding this. What the hell is he going to do? Does he just go around wearing Raps' gear and telling people how great they are? Is the point to sell more merchandise? I can't imagine a single person buying season tickets cause Drake is now wearing Raptors hats. Hell, I can't imaginemost people who buy season tickets having ever heard a Drake song or having more than a passing knowledge of the name.

All I know about him is that: he's Canadian; he was on some Canadian tv show; and his existence as a famous person is yet further evidence that kids and teenagers are stupid and will buy anything.
        Geez, someone wants to usurp me as the resident ol' grump. "I confess" to believing that nobody but you gives a damn whether you understand or not, but it's pretty pompous to insult an entire generation because their tastes don't jive with yours. Just how important do you think you are?

Comment

I confess to not really understanding this. What the hell is he going to do? Does he just go around wearing Raps' gear and telling people how great they are? Is the point to sell more merchandise? I can't imagine a single person buying season tickets cause Drake is now wearing Raptors hats. Hell, I can't imaginemost people who buy season tickets having ever heard a Drake song or having more than a passing knowledge of the name.

wow

are you like 50 years old?

Comment

gametime wrote: View Post
            Drake's primary responsibility is American demographic promotion.
            Those words, in that order, make no sense. I stand by my original point: this seems pointless. If MLSE spent as much time focused on winning as they did on making more money, they wouldn't have two of the most futile teams in NA professional sports.

Now, get off my lawn you damn kids....

Comment

Those words, in that order, make no sense. I stand by my original point: this seems pointless. If MLSE spent as much time focused on winning as they did on making more money, they wouldn't have two of the most futile teams in NA professional sports.

Now, get off my lawn you damn kids....
              lol - priceless.

Honestly, I know Drake as the kid in the wheelchair on Degrassi. I am slowly losing all touch with what is MTV-video award worthy.

Now with all that said.....

The biggest issue the Raptors have is the pompous stupidity that the Stephen A. Smith's of the US of A have towards Toronto. If Drake promoting the Raptors can change the perspective among the young basketball players of the US then I am all for it.

I think what T-Mac would have thought as a high school kid coming to Toronto and getting to hang with one of the biggest rap stars in the world today. Honestly, I think that might have changed his perspective on the cold wind or at least made it tolerable.

Now it might seem pretty superficial to be selling Toronto on a rap star but you have to appeal to what interests the players. 20-somethings are likely to be attracted to Drake... for whatever reason beats the hell out of me but whatever. Drake associated with the Raptors has absolutely nothing to do with appealing to the 35+ crowd... absolutely NOTHING.

If Drake brings either Kevin, Love or Durant, to Toronto in 2016 then Drake becomes my idol. I will put this picture in my bedroom, right over my wedding picture:

Comment

did Drake say something about the black jerseys being the new red? or is that thing on the homepage pointless

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
                  wow

are you like 50 years old?
                  Don't confuse ignorance with age. I'm older than that, and despite some early misplaced arrogance, if there's one thing I've learned is that whatever the demographic: age, race, religion, geography, etc......... there are good/mature/understanding/tolerant people,,,, and then there are jackasses. Still working on that myself, but witnessing others being so arrogant helps see the light. hmmmm, yeah, that's the ticket: I'm a jackass sometimes because I want to show the young'uns how stupid it is! Yeah, that's it!

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                    Don't confuse ignorance with age. I'm older than that, and despite some early misplaced arrogance, if there's one thing I've learned is that whatever the demographic: age, race, religion, geography, etc......... there are good/mature/understanding/tolerant people,,,, and then there are jackasses. Still working on that myself, but witnessing others being so arrogant helps see the light. hmmmm, yeah, that's the ticket: I'm a jackass sometimes because I want to show the young'uns how stupid it is! Yeah, that's it!
                    You're over 50!? Jeez you seem much younger

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      You're over 50!? Jeez you seem much younger

Comment

Brandon wrote:
                        Come on, they don't have two of the most futile teams in NA sports, they have three of the most futile teams in NA pro sports.
                        Duck Season !

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                          Don't confuse ignorance with age. I'm older than that
                          damn son

Comment

Think about this:

When Nothing Was The Same leaked/was released it was the hot topic of 95% of athletes twitter/instagram. Why? A LOT of people LOVE Drake. He's a superstar. Athletes want to be rock stars and vice versa, it's that old cliche. You know how a bunch of athletes fired their well reputed agents to sign with JayZ? Even though JayZ had little to no actual experience being an agent? Guys like Masai and Casey can't talk to players under contract... but Drake can. You think a guy like Durant or Love or whoever is going to laugh off Drake? I'm not saying having him here means we're suddenly going to be a hotspot for free agents, but suddenly we have a chance.

This is a stroke of genius.

Leweike/MU rules.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Brandon wrote:
                              Who is drake and why should I care.
                              google and you don't have to.
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Gotta give props to Drake - risky move to associate himself with a 'loser' brand like the Raps, when he's already on top of the entertainment world. If they continue to suck (which is mostly out of his control), then his image is going to take a hit. I guess he's really into 'starting from the bottom'.

Comment

Working...
                                X