X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drake Global Ambassador of the Toronto Raptors

http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor..._kelly.bb.html
    @Chr1st1anL

YEA MAN! we got drake on board <3 drizzy everyone on raptors republic loves you!!!!!!!!!

opps.. wrong site to be fan girling on sorry
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

I mean, it could be worse?

We have one of the biggest names on the universe as an Ambassador of the Raps.

Good PR move I guess, lol.

Comment

phiLLy wrote: View Post

Not a huge fan either, but the youngins love him... So I guess I'm on board.

Comment

Guys look on the goddam bright side for once yesterday it was Bargnani and Primo commercials and today its Drake..... thats gotta be a positive.

Comment

phiLLy wrote: View Post

Exactly my thoughts. He seems to be a good enough role model for a younger generation of basketball/Raptors fan, and while I'm not a fan of his music, I'm a fan of what he does for the city of Toronto. He represents this city to the fullest, and I respect that.

Comment

I remember going to a Raptors game vs Heat where they showed on the videotron on that Drake was sitting courtside. The Raptor mascot went over and they presented him with a Raptors jersey and he put it on and waved to the crowd.

Then later they showed him, the jersey was nowhere to be found.

I guess he's getting paid for this so it's worth his while..
              your pal,
              ebrian

Comment

Why couldn't they get Alan Thicke?!?!?!

Comment

At least it wasn't the Bieb

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                    I remember going to a Raptors game vs Heat where they showed on the videotron on that Drake was sitting courtside. The Raptor mascot went over and they presented him with a Raptors jersey and he put it on and waved to the crowd.

Then later they showed him, the jersey was nowhere to be found.

I guess he's getting paid for this so it's worth his while..
                    He is still a Lebron fan first and a Raptors fan second, so that happening isn't too much of a surprise. I am curious to see how he markets this team, besides re-designing the logo and colours.
                    Last edited by Raptorsss; Mon Sep 30, 2013, 01:28 PM.
                    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Why couldn't they get Alan Thicke?!?!?!
                      hahaha. That's rich..
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                        He is still a Lebron fan first and a Raptors fan second, so that happening isn't too much of a surprise. I am curious to see how he markets this team, besides re-designing the logo and colours?
                        If I recall correctly, he wasn't wearing a Lebron jersey either -- he was actually wearing Blue Jays stuff.
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

Drake's next album art?...

Comment

gametime wrote: View Post
                            Drake's next album art?...
                            Did you just draw that? If so, impressive!

Comment

I confess to not really understanding this. What the hell is he going to do? Does he just go around wearing Raps' gear and telling people how great they are? Is the point to sell more merchandise? I can't imagine a single person buying season tickets cause Drake is now wearing Raptors hats. Hell, I can't imaginemost people who buy season tickets having ever heard a Drake song or having more than a passing knowledge of the name.

All I know about him is that: he's Canadian; he was on some Canadian tv show; and his existence as a famous person is yet further evidence that kids and teenagers are stupid and will buy anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X