Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Raptors Changing Brand/Colours (Keeping Same Name)

Raptors Republic Starter connected's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Raptors Changing Brand/Colours (Keeping Same Name)

Doug Smith is reporting that they are going to change the colours and brand but keep Raptors as their name.

Thoughts?

Speculation on the colour change --- maybe to Blue/White ala Jays/Leafs ... or maybe red and white

I think this is a year too early. I think 2014/2015 will be our decisive season and give us a clear picture of the Raptors future. Eg. this team sucks we go into full rebuild we land Wiggins or Parker ... it would be a completely fresh start to unveil a new age for the Raps

edit: http://http://basketball.realgm.com/...e-Keeping-Name
    Last edited by connected; Mon Sep 30th, 2013 at 05:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of blue & white. Variations on a theme.

Raptors Republic Starter connected's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KHD wrote: View Post
    I like the idea of blue & white. Variations on a theme.
    yeah and if we did that they could redesign the claw to look like icicles or something - just throwing that out there

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bring back purple and black.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

5. Like Red and White, CalgaryRapsFan liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Blue and white with purple accents would be a unique colour scheme in the NBA and it would also be a callback to the original purple uniforms.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If All-Star TORONTO 2016 signage is any indication, Red and White is likely to be the colour scheme.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    If All-Star TORONTO 2016 signage is any indication, Red and White is likely to be the colour scheme.
    Probs just a template and last minute creation by the graphic designer guys

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not really a fan of having the three major T.O. sports teams wear a blue/white colour scheme. Like the idea of going back to purple though..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote connected wrote: View Post
    yeah and if we did that they could redesign the claw to look like icicles or something - just throwing that out there
    Icicles? And perpetuate the concept that Toronto is Unbearably Cold? Nah. They're trying to fix this image problem. Lol
    Last edited by Joey; Tue Oct 1st, 2013 at 09:27 AM.
    In Masai we Trust.

11. Like Axel, Nilanka, connected liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the current white/red/black tbh, I must despise the unis/logo. Id like to see something more classic, simple.

That or we go full retard and bring back the purple and obscenely ridiculous raptor unis, only slightly updated. I'm surprisingly fine with that too.

It'll be pretty interesting to see if Drake can bring in a legit, forward thinking designer.

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    I'm not really a fan of having the three major T.O. sports teams wear a blue/white colour scheme. Like the idea of going back to purple though..
    +1 million. If they want to brand as "Canada's" team, then assimilating with the Leafs (possibly the most hated sport team in Canada outside of its own fans) is a bad idea.

I keep picturing the Oregon Ducks football jerseys, but with purple instead of green.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like the idea of a rebrand at all, unless it's full-blown with a name change. The classic franchises in every sport DO NOT rebrand, change colour schemes, or dramatically change logos - ever. Bad teams and struggling franchises do all the time. Be classy, Toronto!

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the Buffalo Bills color scheme. I think would be a good look. Red white and blue.
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If they stick with the color red then they need to copy the Indiana Hoosiers basketball team jerseys for 2016 rebranding. Simple.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    I don't like the idea of a rebrand at all, unless it's full-blown with a name change. The classic franchises in every sport DO NOT rebrand, change colour schemes, or dramatically change logos - ever. Bad teams and struggling franchises do all the time. Be classy, Toronto!
    The New England Patriots come to mind as a storied franchise that successfully implemented a "re-brand" without a name change.

"I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I like the Buffalo Bills color scheme. I think would be a good look. Red white and blue.
    Lol Seriously? Sixers, Washington, Clippers, Atlanta and Detroit are all rocking the Red, White and Blue. The League doesn't need another one.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Or even the LA Kings. They've been through a few re-branding cycles.

"I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    The New England Patriots come to mind as a storied franchise that successfully implemented a "re-brand" without a name change.

Well, two things there:
    1) The Patriots weren't much of a franchise before the Tom Brady/Belichick era. Many more losing seasons than winning - not a team I'd considered historically "storied."
    2) In spite of #1, they're a 50 year-old franchise and they've changed their logo once. The Raptors are looking at their 3rd logo (whether or not the claw is the official logo, they're using it predominantly now) within 20 years.

Anyway the point isn't that serious/consequential and I'm sure there are some exceptions, but I'd take those as proving the rule. But could you ever imagine the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, Lakers, Celtics, Knicks, Maple Leafs, Canadiens, etc. ever discussing a name change, colour scheme change, or logo change? They tweak their uniforms occasionally, but in very subtle ways.

Again, it's almost the hallmark of a crappy franchise to be so desperate for money/attention that you're constantly rebranding yourself. It reeks of this:

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    It's too late for that the Raptors have changed colors/logos twice since the original Dino logo. I'd like to see an updated version of the original Raptors jersey. Same colors, same logo just modernized.

Side note has anyone seen the hideous sleeved jerseys that the Clips will be wearing for Sunday games.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Lol Seriously? Sixers, Washington, Clippers, Atlanta and Detroit are all rocking the Red, White and Blue. The League doesn't need another one.
    Don't forget New Orleans

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information