Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors Changing Brand/Colours (Keeping Same Name)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I like the Buffalo Bills color scheme. I think would be a good look. Red white and blue.
    Lol Seriously? Sixers, Washington, Clippers, Atlanta and Detroit are all rocking the Red, White and Blue. The League doesn't need another one.

Comment

Or even the LA Kings. They've been through a few re-branding cycles.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        The New England Patriots come to mind as a storied franchise that successfully implemented a "re-brand" without a name change.

Well, two things there:
        1) The Patriots weren't much of a franchise before the Tom Brady/Belichick era. Many more losing seasons than winning - not a team I'd considered historically "storied."
        2) In spite of #1, they're a 50 year-old franchise and they've changed their logo once. The Raptors are looking at their 3rd logo (whether or not the claw is the official logo, they're using it predominantly now) within 20 years.

Anyway the point isn't that serious/consequential and I'm sure there are some exceptions, but I'd take those as proving the rule. But could you ever imagine the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, Lakers, Celtics, Knicks, Maple Leafs, Canadiens, etc. ever discussing a name change, colour scheme change, or logo change? They tweak their uniforms occasionally, but in very subtle ways.

Again, it's almost the hallmark of a crappy franchise to be so desperate for money/attention that you're constantly rebranding yourself. It reeks of this:
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
          I don't like the idea of a rebrand at all, unless it's full-blown with a name change. The classic franchises in every sport DO NOT rebrand, change colour schemes, or dramatically change logos - ever. Bad teams and struggling franchises do all the time. Be classy, Toronto!
          It's too late for that the Raptors have changed colors/logos twice since the original Dino logo. I'd like to see an updated version of the original Raptors jersey. Same colors, same logo just modernized.

Side note has anyone seen the hideous sleeved jerseys that the Clips will be wearing for Sunday games.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            Lol Seriously? Sixers, Washington, Clippers, Atlanta and Detroit are all rocking the Red, White and Blue. The League doesn't need another one.
            Don't forget New Orleans

Comment

I think the biggest thing that will change is the logo. I think the velociraptor is gone as the main mascot. It'll probably get changed to a bird of prey.

I do think the colour scheme, red/white/black with the red maple leaf, keeps it "Canada's team" so it will be interesting to see what they come up with.

Comment

connected wrote: View Post
                Doug Smith is reporting that they are going to change the colours and brand but keep Raptors as their name.

Thoughts?

Speculation on the colour change --- maybe to Blue/White ala Jays/Leafs ... or maybe red and white

I think this is a year too early. I think 2014/2015 will be our decisive season and give us a clear picture of the Raptors future. Eg. this team sucks we go into full rebuild we land Wiggins or Parker ... it would be a completely fresh start to unveil a new age for the Raps

edit: http://http://basketball.realgm.com/...e-Keeping-Name
                Not positive but I thought I heard TSN mention that the new color scheme and re-design of jerseys won't be used until the 2015-2016 season. Will coincide with anniversary and all-star game.
                There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

...Isn't red and white already the colour scheme?
                  You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                    ...Isn't red and white already the colour scheme?
                    Yeah. I don't get the whole red and white thing. I say we go full blue and white like the rest of the Toronto teams, and add in a purple accent as a throwback to the original colors. Our current jerseys are boring as hell. We don't need to look like Team Canada to be Canada's team.

Comment

I couldn't give a damn about the colours, unless they're real ugly, but I hope they keep the Claw, which I think is one of the coolest new (some old ones I'm partial to) logos in sport.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                        Yeah. I don't get the whole red and white thing. I say we go full blue and white like the rest of the Toronto teams, and add in a purple accent as a throwback to the original colors. Our current jerseys are boring as hell. We don't need to look like Team Canada to be Canada's team.
                        We don't need to look like Team Maple Queaf to be Toronto's team either

Comment

KaioKev wrote: View Post
                          I think the biggest thing that will change is the logo. I think the velociraptor is gone as the main mascot. It'll probably get changed to a bird of prey.
                          I've yet to hear this suggestion, but I LOVE it. Scientifically accurate, and pulls us away from that silly Jurassic Park attachment. Not to mention, modern birds of prey are officially referred to as Raptors.
                          The modern, living birds called raptors are generally predators with hooked bills for tearing flesh and strong, piercing talons.
                          And going up against the other 'bird' teams, a Raptor would kill a Hawk or a Pelican.
                          Last edited by Joey; Thu Oct 3, 2013, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Will the Dino mascot/identity survive the rebrand?

The new Raptors branding is just weeks away from being voted on.

The options are:
                            a) Using birds of prey
                            b) Using planes
                            c) Evolving the existing dino mascot

Being at the age I am now, I enjoy the dino from my earlier years and want to continue doing so with my family, so I am admittedly biased, but what direction would you choose?

Fans wanting to save the dino mascot/identity can sign here:
                            http://chn.ge/19crDNd

Comment

The Raptor mascot is great not because of his outfit, but because of the guy in the suit (i.e. his sense of humour, ability to work the crowd, and athleticism).

No matter what they do to the mascot's design, I hope they keep the same dude.

Comment

STOP THIS ADVERTISING. Mods are you blind or what?
                                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Working...
                                X