Thread: most overrated/underrated raptor

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default most overrated/underrated raptor

going into the season...

overrated: Derozan

underrated: Lowry

Go!!
    Last edited by akashsingh; Mon Sep 30th, 2013 at 06:27 PM.

Raptors Republic Rookie GoldenBaller's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Overrated: Derozan
    Underrated: Buycks (why not)

Post Thanks / Like

overrated:Amir
    underrated:Amir

If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

4. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Overrated: Terrence Ross
    Underrated: Austin Daye
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Overrated: Terrence Ross
    Underrated: Amir Johnson

Post Thanks / Like

most overrated Raptor: Drake
    most underrated Raptor: the mascot

8. Like Axel liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

over-rated - Valanciunas
    underrated - Gay

Don't hate me. Big Val is the future, I just don't think the future will be in all its glory this year. I truly believe Rudy Gay is going to be in beast mode this year....

disclaimer - I believed Bargnani was going to break out for a really long time.....

10. Like Mundy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    overrated:Amir
    underrated:Amir

tru

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Amir!!!
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good question.

Over-Rated: Amir - love the guy but his value is at the peak of his career.......(hint hint - buy low, sell high)
    Under-Rated: Fields (he can't be that bad again.....can he?)

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Good question.

Over-Rated: Amir - love the guy but his value is at the peak of his career.......(hint hint - buy low, sell high)
    Under-Rated: Fields (he can't be that bad again.....can he?)
    I like your angle with this.

15. Like Axel liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Overrated: DeRozan - I like the kid's attitude and work-ethic, but he still hasn't shown to be a net positive to his team, yet is considered a "core" piece.

Underrated: Augustin - Had a bad season last year, but I think having a legit backup PG who knows how to run an offense (and doesn't warrant more than 15-20 mpg) will pay huge dividends this year. I think we'll look bad at this signing at season's end and nod our collective heads at Ujiri.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

17. Like Axel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote coastal wrote: View Post
    over-rated - Valanciunas
    underrated - Gay

Don't hate me. Big Val is the future, I just don't think the future will be in all its glory this year. I truly believe Rudy Gay is going to be in beast mode this year....

disclaimer - I believed Bargnani was going to break out for a really long time.....
    I back this post 100%.
    I truly thought each year would be the year for Bargs too, but with Rudy I don't feel like I'm just talking myself into it.
    "This just in........ THE RAPTORS ARE AMAZING!"

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, tough question.

Most Miscast - DD and Gay - should be 3rd and 4th options on a very good team, instead of 1st and 2nd
    Most Overrated - Jonas - agree with above poster - got the feeling that fans are expecting him to make a big leap this season, but I think he may take a bit longer - bring him along slowly, there's no rush here
    Most Underrated - Dwane Casey - I'm expecting to see more Year 1 Casey and less Year 2 Casey
    Most to Prove - Kyle Lowry and Landry Fields (tie)
    Most Underwhelming - Austin Daye - prepare to not be amazed

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say that the entire team is Underrated. There were a lot of expectations (well at least for me personally) going into last season and they failed badly. Last season has made me look at the team differently and reading posts from others I sense that a majority feel that the Raptors are a border line playoff team. That is possibly true but if everything breaks right (and it's possible) then the team could do very well.

As for overrated... that would be JV. Not because he's bad or I think he's bad.. it's just because it feels like there is so much expectation for him to be great.. and that may not happen. There is still a debate (and a good one) of whether or not he should have been traded for Harden, and even with hindsight many have felt that it would have been a bad deal.

21. Like golden liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    I would say that the entire team is Underrated. There were a lot of expectations (well at least for me personally) going into last season and they failed badly. Last season has made me look at the team differently and reading posts from others I sense that a majority feel that the Raptors are a border line playoff team. That is possibly true but if everything breaks right (and it's possible) then the team could do very well.

As for overrated... that would be JV. Not because he's bad or I think he's bad.. it's just because it feels like there is so much expectation for him to be great.. and that may not happen. There is still a debate (and a good one) of whether or not he should have been traded for Harden, and even with hindsight many have felt that it would have been a bad deal.
    If the team failed to meet expectations last year, wouldn't that mean they were overrated (instead of underrated)?
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    If the team failed to meet expectations last year, wouldn't that mean they were overrated (instead of underrated)?
    Overrated last year, underrated this year? Our roster has a bit of a new look so maybe last year's expectations would suit this team better
    "This just in........ THE RAPTORS ARE AMAZING!"

24. Like planetmars liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I think the fact that they were so highly overrated last year and disappointing makes them underrated this year.. Perhaps more people got a gut check last year and are looking at this year's squad as a lottery team so that they don't get their expectations up.. I know that I'm partially doing that.

26. Like CalgaryRapsFan, S.R. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Overrated DD
    Underrated Lowry

Post Thanks / Like

Underrated: Lowry. He got killed in the media last year despite putting up solid numbers. And... CONTRACT YEAR!

Overrated: I don't think anyone on the team is overrated. No one on this team is hyped all that much. The only guy getting much attention is Valanciunas but, even there, I think most people are keeping expecations in check.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information