• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• most overrated/underrated raptor

going into the season...

overrated: Derozan

underrated: Lowry

Go!!
    Last edited by akashsingh; Mon Sep 30, 2013, 06:27 PM.

Overrated: Derozan
    Underrated: Buycks (why not)
    A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

overrated:Amir
      underrated:Amir

If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Overrated: Terrence Ross
        Underrated: Austin Daye
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Overrated: Terrence Ross
          Underrated: Amir Johnson

Comment

most overrated Raptor: Drake
            most underrated Raptor: the mascot

Comment

over-rated - Valanciunas
              underrated - Gay

Don't hate me. Big Val is the future, I just don't think the future will be in all its glory this year. I truly believe Rudy Gay is going to be in beast mode this year....

disclaimer - I believed Bargnani was going to break out for a really long time.....

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                overrated:Amir
                underrated:Amir

tru

Comment

Amir!!!
                  "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Good question.

Over-Rated: Amir - love the guy but his value is at the peak of his career.......(hint hint - buy low, sell high)
                    Under-Rated: Fields (he can't be that bad again.....can he?)
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                      Good question.

Over-Rated: Amir - love the guy but his value is at the peak of his career.......(hint hint - buy low, sell high)
                      Under-Rated: Fields (he can't be that bad again.....can he?)
                      I like your angle with this.

Comment

Overrated: DeRozan - I like the kid's attitude and work-ethic, but he still hasn't shown to be a net positive to his team, yet is considered a "core" piece.

Underrated: Augustin - Had a bad season last year, but I think having a legit backup PG who knows how to run an offense (and doesn't warrant more than 15-20 mpg) will pay huge dividends this year. I think we'll look bad at this signing at season's end and nod our collective heads at Ujiri.

Comment

coastal wrote: View Post
                          over-rated - Valanciunas
                          underrated - Gay

Don't hate me. Big Val is the future, I just don't think the future will be in all its glory this year. I truly believe Rudy Gay is going to be in beast mode this year....

disclaimer - I believed Bargnani was going to break out for a really long time.....
                          I back this post 100%.
                          I truly thought each year would be the year for Bargs too, but with Rudy I don't feel like I'm just talking myself into it.
                          "This just in........ THE RAPTORS ARE AMAZING!"

Comment

Wow, tough question.

Most Miscast - DD and Gay - should be 3rd and 4th options on a very good team, instead of 1st and 2nd
                            Most Overrated - Jonas - agree with above poster - got the feeling that fans are expecting him to make a big leap this season, but I think he may take a bit longer - bring him along slowly, there's no rush here
                            Most Underrated - Dwane Casey - I'm expecting to see more Year 1 Casey and less Year 2 Casey
                            Most to Prove - Kyle Lowry and Landry Fields (tie)
                            Most Underwhelming - Austin Daye - prepare to not be amazed
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I would say that the entire team is Underrated. There were a lot of expectations (well at least for me personally) going into last season and they failed badly. Last season has made me look at the team differently and reading posts from others I sense that a majority feel that the Raptors are a border line playoff team. That is possibly true but if everything breaks right (and it's possible) then the team could do very well.

As for overrated... that would be JV. Not because he's bad or I think he's bad.. it's just because it feels like there is so much expectation for him to be great.. and that may not happen. There is still a debate (and a good one) of whether or not he should have been traded for Harden, and even with hindsight many have felt that it would have been a bad deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X