Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hey Masai! Is Boston the hold up?

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There is always a hold up, because everyone is trying to trade for the best available players. We're down the list because we don't have great players.

It's like in highschool when girls are waiting to be asked to the school dance. The uglier girls get asked last. (Sorry, very superficial but that's how teenage boys think).
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I don't see it

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    And while Toronto may be waiting on those teams, maybe you have Charlotte waiting on Toronto? Maybe Cleveland is waiting too? Or maybe Toronto is waiting for them? Or maybe none of these teams are waiting for another but different teams who the previously mentioned teams are waiting for are on hold due to some other team?

Hopefully point is taken here: Rondo appears to be the 2013-14 trade blocker.

What do you think?
    I cannot see why Gay would be of any value to most teams. Call me naive but I also can't see Rondo here (with or without a 3rd or 4th team involved).
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    I cannot see why Gay would be of any value to most teams. Call me naive but I also can't see Rondo here (with or without a 3rd or 4th team involved).
    This wasn't a trade proposition of Gay for Rondo, but pointing out that a Rondo trade could be the first domino that needs to fall before a Gay trade happens.

It seems like we at the Republic are assuming the following teams may have an interest in Gay, and have assets that may intrigue Masai:

Cleveland
    Milwaukee
    Charlotte
    Detroit

....and possibly others, but these seem to be the big four.

Of these, I think both Milwaukee and Charlotte would have interest in both Gay and Rondo. Detroit's Interest in Rondo most likely ended with Jennings, and Cleveland has Kyrie.

I think this will be my favourite subplot of the season...

4. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cleveland makes the most sense of any team, and has 5 total 2014 picks (2 1st rounders and 3 second rounders). If they continue to grow organically they will be a big threat in four years. Rudy accelerates things quite a bit

Post Thanks / Like

Detroit has no picks and unless they would do something like Rudy & Landry, for Monroe, Stuckey, and Charlie V is not even on the radar for me. If we can't get picks out of a team for Rudy, then a young big like Monroe would pair beautifully with JV for 10 years to come.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    See Shantz reply.

Not proposing trading Gay for Rondo.
    "You don’t know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information