Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"WTF do you know? You're drunk!"
    - KG to Kidd

Note: This quote may or may not be completely fabricated by me.

Comment

I never really liked Jason Kidd the 'person', but from an NBA coaching perspective I think he will do all right.

He was the 'leader' of team USA when they won gold in 2008. The Knicks were semi-functional when he was playing for them last year. He was a key reason why Dallas won it all and you could see his basketball skills slipping with age.

He probably has respect among his peers and just because he's a coach I don't think that will change. He has pretty good assistants and a lot of vets. It could turn into a shit-show and that would be great since they are in our division but I actually think they will be a good team next year (not Miami good, but they will be a contender).

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
        I never really liked Jason Kidd the 'person', but from an NBA coaching perspective I think he will do all right.

He was the 'leader' of team USA when they won gold in 2008. The Knicks were semi-functional when he was playing for them last year. He was a key reason why Dallas won it all and you could see his basketball skills slipping with age.

He probably has respect among his peers and just because he's a coach I don't think that will change. He has pretty good assistants and a lot of vets. It could turn into a shit-show and that would be great since they are in our division but I actually think they will be a good team next year (not Miami good, but they will be a contender).
        Respect as a peer and respect as a coach are totally different. If Kidd was getting on someone's case, there was a coach to at least moderate and oversee. Now Kidd has free reign, and without a certain level of supervision, I question whether he can hold it in line.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

"I'm just being honest," Garnett said in front of several laughing reporters during a news conference Monday at the team's media day. "But I understand what he's saying. He's just making sure I'm durable and can get through an entire 82-game season.

"So I'm totally understanding of what it is. ... He's looking to better me, so I'm gonna try to be receptive to that."

Nothing has been finalized with respect to the issue, Garnett said.

"We're still in wait-and-see mode," Garnett said. "I just don't want to be told anything. Hopefully I've earned the right to have an opinion in something that I'm doing. But more importantly, from a chemistry standpoint, I think it's important for me to be out there with everybody, and I think it'll speed the chemistry process up more quickly."
          I don't see an issue unless Kidd is going dictator on him. Both persepectives (health vs. chemistry) are reasonable.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            I don't see an issue unless Kidd is going dictator on him. Both persepectives (health vs. chemistry) are reasonable.
            I not convinced Kidd can handle the situation if anything goes wrong.

If you said you were going to combine a bunch of veteran players with strong personalities, high expectations, and an unpredictable owner; would hiring a current player with zero head coaching experience and a track record of a temper really be your first choice? Not likely.

I also question Kidd's maturity into a totally different role. I think he's completely over his head and at some point this season, KG might very well tell him that.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I have big question marks around Kidd as a rookie coach. The guy seems to have a pretty chaotic life, and a rookie coach could be in deep with the personalities on that team. It seems like he won't be as mature as some of the vets on the roster.

Comment

I think Kidd'll be an excellent coach, but that roster is a big challenge for a first job. That's a Phil Jackson roster is what that is.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                X