Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Landry Fields Elbow

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

This should be the "Everything Landry Fields' Elbow" thread.

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

heehee

I used to play up at Brock U with some gals that were lights out from the Arc... pretty nasty in the paint too.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    That was just ugly, bad hitch, bad guide hand.....I can't even watch it a second time
    Look, if the guy cannot shoot, send him to the D-league and open up a position for someone who can. He'll still be under contract in case it ever comes around.

Seems to me I suggested that the team give a shot to Jonny Flynn, given the lack of depth at point guard, but now he's gone to China. There are a lot of good basketball players out there who can direct a team, pass first, and dribble.

Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote brothersteve wrote: View Post
    “I had my ups and downs, some days were much better than other days that were real low,” Fields said. “I thought about even switching to my left hand and shooting left-handed. I did about a week-and-a-half of that this summer just to see if I could be somewhat decent by the time the season rolled around..."
    Good lord! Between this horrifying, horrifying quote, and seeing his form last night, my expectations have plummeted.

5. Like mountio, Axel liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter b2kelly's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Knicks may have F*ed us on this Landry deal, but ohhhhhhh the Bargsdffanini dump takes the cake! I'd take two inept Fields's instead of one Barnagianai any day.

Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

did anybody notice in the DJ Augustine interview yesterday that Landy Fields was in the background cashing a ton of corner 3's? form looks a little weird but they were going in.. good to see

Post Thanks / Like

Quote b2kelly wrote: View Post
    The Knicks may have F*ed us on this Landry deal, but ohhhhhhh the Bargsdffanini dump takes the cake! I'd take two inept Fields's instead of one Barnagianai any day.
    The Knicks did not F* us. We tried to F* the Knicks, and ended up F*ing ourselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    did anybody notice in the DJ Augustine interview yesterday that Landy Fields was in the background cashing a ton of corner 3's? form looks a little weird but they were going in.. good to see
    I was just about to say that. He missed a few badly but he hit a good bit of them too. Hopefully with every day he practices he gets better and better and he gets more confident in the shot.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Watched an interview a few days ago and Acy hit 21 of 23 three point shots from the corner and the top of the key.

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    The Knicks did not F* us. We tried to F* the Knicks, and ended up F*ing ourselves.
    Let's just called it a circle jerk and call it a day.

12. Like JimiCliff liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He air balled a few but I'd say he hit about 50 %!

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can we just replace him with a teletubbi?

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Why does he have to shoot 3's and jump shots for us? Why can't they just expand his role as a primary ball handler and he can focus on his cuts to the basket and his 5 ft floater shots. Honestly, and it's not saying much, but I think Fields has the potential to be our best ball handler/passer on the team. He has good control with the dribble, he's not super quick but he's long and crafty and has a high b-ball IQ.

If he can get on the same page with other members of the team and get to the basket by himself, I think he could even be a starter for us and free up Lowry for 3's.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    Why does he have to shoot 3's and jump shots for us? Why can't they just expand his role as a primary ball handler and he can focus on his cuts to the basket and his 5 ft floater shots. Honestly, and it's not saying much, but I think Fields has the potential to be our best ball handler/passer on the team. He has good control with the dribble, he's not super quick but he's long and crafty and has a high b-ball IQ.

If he can get on the same page with other members of the team and get to the basket by himself, I think he could even be a starter for us and free up Lowry for 3's.
    I think you answered your own question. If Fields is point forward with zero threat of outside shooting his defender can pack the paint and eliminate penetration. It actually makes defense really easy if the point has no outside shot. All the Bball IQ in the world won't change that.

17. Like mountio liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

His handles are adequate for his position but I don't think he can play point guard

Post Thanks / Like

Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    I think you answered your own question. If Fields is point forward with zero threat of outside shooting his defender can pack the paint and eliminate penetration. It actually makes defense really easy if the point has no outside shot. All the Bball IQ in the world won't change that.
    I actually really liked watching him bringing the ball up the other night. His handle isn't bad, and we all know he's a heady player. I wonder if the coaching staff or management have ever discussed trying to mould him into a backup point...rolling with a second unit of Fields, Ross, Acy (at the three when they feel like it) and Psycho-T...very high energy, and we'd be crushing the other team on the boards.

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    You're right as the only time he took a 3-point shot last game was when Minny sagged off of him. Obviously, he can't play in a point-guard role against a set offense. So, they are having him bring the ball up the floor and to see if he can push the fast break. He doesn't seem like he is familiar with point-guard role enough to throw cross court passes yet, but expect them to be trying to use him this way all pre-season and if it doesn't work he'll go back to moving without the ball and doing backdoor cuts to the basket and little else on offense.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Raptors Republic Starter tonious35's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

22. Like stretch liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

lol. I couldn't see the image so I gave it a try.

Raptors Republic Starter tonious35's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    lol. I couldn't see the image so I gave it a try.
    Thanks for the cover dude. $100 reward and a date with Mrs. Alden-Fields if you can find it and deliver it to its original owner. Ask Mr. Fields to verify the reward, I might be off a little....
    Last edited by tonious35; Sat Oct 12th, 2013 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Grammar

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information