Landry Fields Elbow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Jonas seems to be developing quite nicely despite having the same coach, though. At some point, a player's natural talent will shine through with or without a coaching staff holding his hand along the way.
    I don't know a thing about Ross's off-season or pre-season training, but it seems pretty clear that JV works his ass off. Of course, he wasn't coming into the league as a rookie. He had been playing professionally for several years already. But it is hard to imagine that Ross doesn't talk to the other guys and hasn't heard about their off-season routines. And he had Anderson and Lucas right under his nose, so he must understand that there are no guarantees in the NBA. You can be in it for a few years and then out of it if you don't put in the work. Or maybe he thinks somebody with his talent can just cruise their way to success.

I don't get a good feeling from him. I don't believe he understands what he needs to do to succeed. Either that or he is simply unwilling to work that hard.

Comment

Keeping an eye out for Landry's shot tonight. Not getting my hopes up, especially after seeing this: http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...r-this-season/

I know it's a video about Val, but at around 00:15, there's a great close-up of Fields taking 3 uncontested jumpshots in a row. And there is a MASSIVE hitch in his shot.

Comment

themasao wrote: View Post
        Keeping an eye out for Landry's shot tonight. Not getting my hopes up, especially after seeing this: http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...r-this-season/

I know it's a video about Val, but at around 00:15, there's a great close-up of Fields taking 3 uncontested jumpshots in a row. And there is a MASSIVE hitch in his shot.
        That was just ugly, bad hitch, bad guide hand.....I can't even watch it a second time
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I think I'm watching the same thing but where is the hitch? I thought the issue last year was a hitch he had with his wrist. In this video, his wrist is totally out of the camera shot when the releases. I see him jump but I don't think that's the same thing
          Last edited by Jclaw; Mon Oct 7, 2013, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
            I think I'm watching the same thing but where is the hitch? I thought the issue last year was a hitch he had with his wrist. In this video, his wrist is totally out of the camera shot when the releases. I seem him jump but I don't think that's the same thing
            watch the hesitation in the shot, it is not fluid or one motion.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
              watch the hesitation in the shot, it is not fluid or one motion.
              +1. Not to mention the release point is really inconsistent. He's kind of just shoveling it.

Remember basketball camp, the whole reach into the cookie jar crap? And the palm to ceiling crap? He's missing pretty much all of it.

Comment

themasao wrote: View Post
                +1. Not to mention the release point is really inconsistent. He's kind of just shoveling it.

Remember basketball camp, the whole reach into the cookie jar crap? And the palm to ceiling crap? He's missing pretty much all of it.
                True.

He also might not be physically able to do it right now.

Comment

Oh boy that shot is ugly. That just doest not seem right to me.

I have never had to rehab an injury on my shooting arm, but is having that bad of a form normal in the process of reconstructing a jumpshot? I mean, if they really had to rebuild his shot from the ground up, shouldn't they really focus on the fundamentals of a good shot rather than whatever works (which is what it looks like they are doing, to me at least)? It definitely is not a good sign for him to be having that inconsistent of a release.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
                    Oh boy that shot is ugly. That just doest not seem right to me.

I have never had to rehab an injury on my shooting arm, but is having that bad of a form normal in the process of reconstructing a jumpshot? I mean, if they really had to rebuild his shot from the ground up, shouldn't they really focus on the fundamentals of a good shot rather than whatever works (which is what it looks like they are doing, to me at least)? It definitely is not a good sign for him to be having that inconsistent of a release.
                    Nerve damage is all I can say.

When you look at his shot prior to injury, there were none of these issues.

It seems like he might be f'ed permanently - which is such a tragedy for his career and me as a Raptor fan.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                      I think I'm watching the same thing but where is the hitch? I thought the issue last year was a hitch he had with his wrist. In this video, his wrist is totally out of the camera shot when the releases. I see him jump but I don't think that's the same thing
                      Oh lord. Looks like a ten-year-old girl shooting a basketball. It can only get better from here I suppose.

edit: whoops, wanted to quote the video. sorry Jclaw haha.
                      Last edited by isaacthompson; Mon Oct 7, 2013, 06:16 PM.
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Nerve damage is all I can say.

When you look at his shot prior to injury, there were none of these issues.

It seems like he might be f'ed permanently - which is such a tragedy for his career and me as a Raptor fan.
                        Agreed and agreed. Really is sad.

Comment

oh no, I hope things get better. That was 10 year old girl with no form bad. He would be better off using a woman's shot where you include the guide hand in the shot to add power to it. There's no way he can consistently duplicate that form.

Comment

“The elbow is coming along. It has been a process to say the least,” Fields said. “I learned a lot. Last year was a very humbling year for me. Overall healthy, it is coming along. The strength is back, so now it is just the control aspect and that will come along as well the doctors say. Within the last few weeks, it has really taken a turn for the good. The confidence is building with the strength and control that is coming back."

“There are still a few things that I’m working through, but nothing as major as a twitch anymore so it’s just trying to get back strength and control. Sometimes it feels great and sometimes it feels off, so now it is just getting that consistency.”

“I had my ups and downs, some days were much better than other days that were real low,” Fields said. “I thought about even switching to my left hand and shooting left-handed. I did about a week-and-a-half of that this summer just to see if I could be somewhat decent by the time the season rolled around, but – stick with my right. Some days it was worse than before the surgery and that was really playing with me a lot, but talking with the doctors, that was just part of the process.”

Landry Fields - Pro Bball Report at Raptors training camp

Don't expect Landry Fields to suddenly have the same shot he had in his rookie season - This is going to take some time.
                            The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                              Oh lord. Looks like a ten-year-old girl shooting a basketball. It can only get better from here I suppose.

edit: whoops, wanted to quote the video. sorry Jclaw haha.
                              Why ya gotta make it about Gender...I know some girls that would light you up bud..

Comment

Ouch..

Comment

Working...
                                X