Landry Fields Elbow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landry Fields Elbow

WRT Landry's elbow. From Smith's article in the Star.

“It’s something now where you can kind of see the light at the end of the tunnel . . . it’s not 100 per cent but I’m getting there, now it’s just fine-tuning a few things,” he said of the right arm injury that required surgery early last season.
    “The strength is noticeably back now and with that strength is control and the right sensation.”

Sounds promising and quite different from someone's post in the media day thread.

It does seem more promising but I'm not liking that he's saying it's still not 100% and he's using words like 'kind of'. That to me takes away from some of the optimism, but at least it's clear that it's better than it was last season. It just doesn't seem like it's by much so his improvement probably won't be significant either.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

after watching the landry fields interview I got the impression that he's almost trying to warn us that he is still struggling with it. He did not seem confident at all.. to take a couple of those quotes and put them on paper is a little misleading, better to watch the interview and judge for yourself. I personally don't expect any improvement in his shot.. if there is.. bonus!

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
        Sounds promising and quite different from someone's post in the media day thread.
        thats pretty much exactly what he said at media say so i dont know what 'that person' might have said about it

Comment

sit him at the end of the rotation so he can chill with his sun then work him into a deal in the off season seriously trade this clown.

Maybe a little harsh but if he has no confidence in his own ability give his time to Acy or Daye....I actually really want to see Daye get some burn.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
            sit him at the end of the rotation so he can chill with his sun then work him into a deal in the off season seriously trade this clown.

Maybe a little harsh but if he has no confidence in his own ability give his time to Acy or Daye....I actually really want to see Daye get some burn.
            The only problem with this assessment is that the Raptors were a better TEAM with him on the floor last season.

Fields is one of the few guys on the roster who positively contributes without having the ball in his hands. He is in constant motion on offense which opens things up for other guys, he rebounds, and he defends.

It doesn't sound like his elbow is 100% which is a shame. But at the same time he does sound better than last year. Time will tell!

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              The only problem with this assessment is that the Raptors were a better TEAM with him on the floor last season.

Fields is one of the few guys on the roster who positively contributes without having the ball in his hands. He is in constant motion on offense which opens things up for other guys, he rebounds, and he defends.

It doesn't sound like his elbow is 100% which is a shame. But at the same time he does sound better than last year. Time will tell!
              I agree which makes the whole situation so frustrating.. the guy probably has the highest bball IQ (however you want to judge that) on the team.. if he could still shoot id love him.. but ur right.. there are so many other things that he does right to help the team that are invaluable.. crossing my fingers that the shot comes around

Comment

The 4-19 start says otherwise him missing open layups and not making any shots outside of 8 feet says otherwise. We were also a better team with Dom Mcguire on the floor so it proves very little when you see whats going on..stats arent everything.

Teams knew LAndry was playing like a scrub and literally stopped guarding him.

Comment

Last year, when the Raptors came to Halifax for the Intra-squad scrimmage, you could tell Landry didn't have his shot as he really (REALLY) struggled shooting free throws, including 1 or 2 not even hitting rim. I will be keep a close eye on him this Saturday at this year's game to see if he has been able to at least get the mechanics back. I'm less worried about his range as that will come as his elbow regains strength, but only if he can get his mechanics back.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                    It does seem more promising but I'm not liking that he's saying it's still not 100% and he's using words like 'kind of'. That to me takes away from some of the optimism, but at least it's clear that it's better than it was last season. It just doesn't seem like it's by much so his improvement probably won't be significant either.
                    He could be consciously trying to temper expectations.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      He could be consciously trying to temper expectations.
                      exactly

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                        The 4-19 start says otherwise him missing open layups and not making any shots outside of 8 feet says otherwise. We were also a better team with Dom Mcguire on the floor so it proves very little when you see whats going on..stats arent everything.

Teams knew LAndry was playing like a scrub and literally stopped guarding him.
                        You know what is everything though? Facts. For example:
                        It is a fact that Fields didn't play through the whole 4-19 start. He played the first 5 games of the season until they discovered the nerve injury. During his first five games they went 1-4 with 3 of those loses actually close games.

Stats aren't everything but they are great at validating the eye test. Your eye test seems to fail since you are claiming he is the reason for a 4-19 start when he played just 5 of those 24 games. Your eye test also seems to ignore the fact that he does contribute to winning in ways other than scoring the ball - rebounding, defense, motion specifically.

Not making any stats outside of 8 feet is a blanket statement that is factually incorrect. He actually hit about 40% of the shots he took outside of 8 feet and under 24 feet - which is exactly what DeRozan shot. Yes DD shot many more but, again, stats are great at backing up the eye test and your eye test failed here as well. Don't let one bad play of a missed wide open layup cloud your judgement on the reality of the situation.

Comment

I didnt say he doesnt do other things but he got whatever points he scored because teams literally didnt care about him when the verdict was out that he played like a scrub. Landry stats are inflated by the time he came back we had Rudy and were winning he played against the opposing teams bench when we were winning the game and the opposing team is basically throwing in the towel.

A smart scrub can outplay low IQ scrubs, so of course Landry is going to increase his rebounding numbers guard idiots that cant handle the ball and score some easy buckets on dunks. those stats are very misleading. Landry isnt as great as you are making him out to be. "Statistic are statistics, but methods used to gauge those facts are often flawed. The word Statistic is a word to make people who claim to be intellectual appear and sound so."- Albert Einstein

Comment

... Your eye test seems to fail since you are claiming he is the reason for a 4-19 start when he played just 5 of those 24 games. Your eye test also seems to ignore the fact that he does contribute to winning in ways other than scoring the ball - rebounding, defense, motion specifically....
                            Thank you Matt.

Fields said "...it’s not 100 per cent but I’m getting there, now it’s just fine-tuning a few things,” he said of the right arm injury that required surgery early last season.
                            “The strength is noticeably back now and with that strength is control and the right sensation.”

So he is just fine-tuning now and has more control and feeling. I think we will see what we will see. If he can achieve even DeRozan's %'s (should be achievable) then he will be a huge boost to the team.

:-)

Comment

I think Fields' biggest issue will be his confidence (or lack thereof....)

Comment

Working...
                              X