Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Raps Scrimmage in Halifax - a first glance chance - what to look for on Sat Oct 5th?

Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
    why am i seeing John Lucas in Halifax... totally forgot about him -.-
    but didnt he leave..... so lost
    huh? john lucas plays for Utah Jazz

Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    huh? john lucas plays for Utah Jazz
    lool i saw a short bald head guy with a beard thought it was him xD
    i'm jumping to conclusions...again
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Still have no idea why this camp is in Halifax..... bum fuck nowhere of Canada.

Post Thanks / Like

lool i saw a short bald head guy with a beard thought it was him xD
    i'm jumping to conclusions...again
    Get some sleep old man

5. Like lilmamba_ liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Halifax is a great city. Good eats, great bars...but the weather can really suck.

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, douche of the year award goes to.....

Allow me to educate the ignorant.

Halifax has a proud basketball tradition, hosting the CIS Championship for many years. The Metro Center provides a great game facility, while the Canada Games Center offers the team a state of the art training facility.

Many NBA (and other professional) teams host a portion of their training camp away from their regular practice facility, as it allows for more team bonding and exposure to other markets. Since the Raps have stated multiple times that they want to be more "Canada's team", then hosting away from Toronto makes sense. The team obviously enjoyed last year so much that they decided to come again. It's a great city to visit, Id' recommend you try it, but you might not be welcome with that attitude.

8. Like smrt, mcHAPPY, Fully, lilmamba_ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I kept thinking it was in Halifax because there were no distractions there (family, friends) so they could focus on ball and ball alone,
    thankyou sir thanks for the history lesson, pretty good to know
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Sig wrote: View Post
    Get some sleep old man
    should i even start explaining, nah.

11. Like blackjitsu liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like I upset the people that live in the bloody Styx of Canada. Halifax sucks not even the people that live there really want to live there.

Plenty of options the Raps could have went to if they want players to fall in love with Canada. You never run into anyone who says hey you know where I want to go? Halifax that place is amazing....

Well I take some of that back it cant be as bad as Saskatchewan.
    Last edited by Rapstor4Life; Fri Oct 4th, 2013 at 08:24 AM.

Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Halifax was always referred to as the basketball capital of Canada when we were hosting the CIS/CIAU National Championships for close to 25 straight years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Coach Casey:
    “We are excited to return to Halifax after our great experience last year,” Raptors head coach Dwane Casey said in a release.

“The city offers us state of the art facilities and the opportunity to continue to grow the game of basketball across the country.”

Also, Halifax is a part of Raptors history:
    The first game in franchise history was in Halifax on Oct. 14, 1995, when the Raptors defeated the Philadelphia 76ers 120-107 in pre-season action.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like I upset the people that live in the bloody Styx of Canada. Halifax sucks not even the people that live there really want to live there.

Plenty of options the Raps could have went to if they want players to fall in love with Canada. You never run into anyone who says hey you know where I want to go? Halifax that place is amazing....

Well from the photos and wikipedia info it looks like quite interesting place to visit.
    #FREE

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work in the community while they are here.

17. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Raps4Life, it's all relative. The same way you feel about Halifax and Saskathcewan is the same way people who live in London, Paris and NYC feel about Toronto. Oh wait, that's not quite right.....

Those people don't think about Toronto at all.

EDIT: By the way, I went to Dalhousie for university and I can't think of a better place in Canada to be a university student. Not only is Halifax a nice city, the south shore and Cape Breton are amazing places to visit. If you ever have a chance, visiting Nova Scotia for a few days is definitely worhtwhile.
    Last edited by slaw; Fri Oct 4th, 2013 at 09:59 AM.

19. Like planetmars liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to seeing the Raps again in my hometown! They put on a great show last year, and the streets were lined up for blocks and blocks - hours before the scrimmage started, waiting to see our team.

In case folks in and around Toronto are curious, it's not BS when people in management talk about the Raps being Canada's team - I truly feel like when they come play Hali, the fans here feel like it's our team too.

"Not even the people who want to live there really want to"? No sense arguing with a person who clearly has the IQ of a peanut, and wants to spend his time upsetting people on the internet ... screw you, loser.

The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

21. Like Axel liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Raps4Life, it's all relative. The same way you feel about Halifax and Saskathcewan is the same way people who live in London, Paris and NYC feel about Toronto. Oh wait, that's not quite right.....

Those people don't think about Toronto at all.

EDIT: By the way, I went to Dalhousie for university and I can't think of a better place in Canada to be a university student. Not only is Halifax a nice city, the south shore and Cape Breton are amazing places to visit. If you ever have a chance, visiting Nova Scotia for a few days is definitely worhtwhile.
    Did an east coast trip on my honeymoon, and we had a lot of fun. Canada is really beautiful the farther east you go. We are considering moving there once we retire.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

should i even start explaining, nah.
    I THINK he's being sarcastic. If not, I'm ROFL.

Wow, what's with the bitterness? The sun will rise...Halli isn't bad, my bro went there on vacation strictly for the sea food! Good food, decent music, interesting history...what else do you want for a town/almost city in Canada? I guess "haters gonna hate."
    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Quote Coach Casey:
    “We are excited to return to Halifax after our great experience last year,” Raptors head coach Dwane Casey said in a release.

“The city offers us state of the art facilities and the opportunity to continue to grow the game of basketball across the country.”

Also, Halifax is a part of Raptors history:
    The first game in franchise history was in Halifax on Oct. 14, 1995, when the Raptors defeated the Philadelphia 76ers 120-107 in pre-season action.
    What he said.

24. Like Axel liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like to take a different approach on stuff like this. While I am proud of my fellow poster's here for their wonderful and polite approach, I can't help but speak my mind when i say to you, with full sincerity, "You sir, can go fuck yourself".

Now, don't take this as an all out declaration of war, think of it it more as an indication of how most feel when a guy decides to set out to ruffle feathers and insult people, or entire places for no reason, and with little foundation in which to do so.

I'm sure you're an ok guy, and I would never hesitate to talk ball with you here. But here, on this thread, today, fuck that, you can Suck it Phaneuf!!!

26. Like isaacthompson, mcHAPPY, Axel liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never been east of Quebec City, but I've heard nothing but great things about Halifax. When my best friend got married, I was seriously considering Halifax for his bachelor party weekend (although we ultimately decided on Boston). But Halifax had us all excited about its party scene.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I've never been east of Quebec City, but I've heard nothing but great things about Halifax. When my best friend got married, I was seriously considering Halifax for his bachelor party weekend (although we ultimately decided on Boston). But Halifax had us all excited about its party scene.
    Back in the day, dollar drinks could be found most nights of the week. On the weekend, there were 2 bars a couple of doors from each other (say 20 yards) that staggered their "power hours", so you could go to Peddlers from 7-9 for $1 drinks, then Split Crow from 9-11 for $1 drinks, then back to Peddlers from 11-12 for more $1 drinks.

Sadly (or wisely...) $1 drinks have been banned by the city as things did tend to get out of control....

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information