Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raps Scrimmage in Halifax - a first glance chance - what to look for on Sat Oct 5th?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thead wrote: View Post
    That will have to get me through until Monday...still neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed my fix though
    Don't forget to watch D Rose comeback tonight, if you like him. :-)

Comment

• Buycks and Augustin making strong cases for backup PG in the quarter I saw.

Comment

• Does anyone know why Hansbrough did not play today? Is he ill or injured?

Comment

• Indiana65 wrote: View Post
          Does anyone know why Hansbrough did not play today? Is he ill or injured?
          they where saying that he pulled a hamstring (or maybe its just sore) or something, not really sure.
          What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
          The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
          No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• Alright... that was fun.
            I'm excited to see the Warriors and Lakers game tonight, I wanna see Seth Curry get's some minutes.
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• ross looked pretty good, rudy was a bit slow, demar lOOKED AMAZING both dj's face and game looked great, our bench and three point scoring will not be a problem this year.
              im satisfied, we are going to be amazing this season.
              we will be a playoff team, book it.
              What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
              The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar

Comment

• - DeRozan EASILY was the Raps best player today.
                - Gay looked slow.
                - Augustin and Buycks outplayed Lowry.
                - Buycks looked real good. He just knows what to do whenever he has the ball.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Thanks Lilmamba. I barely got any audio at all the live stream was so poor on my computer. Rarely was able to hear a thing.

Comment

• lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                    ross looked pretty good, rudy was a bit slow, demar lOOKED AMAZING both dj's face and game looked great, our bench and three point scoring will not be a problem this year.
                    im satisfied, we are going to be amazing this season.
                    we will be a playoff team, book it.
                    Just keep your expectations in check, last year I had my hopes up way too high and then the entire season was a deadly kick to the nuts which I still have barely recovered from. So be careful lol that being said, I think this will be the best team we've had in 6 years.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                      Just keep your expectations in check, last year I had my hopes up way too high and then the entire season was a deadly kick to the nuts which I still have barely recovered from. So be careful lol that being said, I think this will be the best team we've had in 6 years.
                      crushing my dreams..... :''(

Comment

• I thought Rudy was pretty good down low...but he did seem less explosive and rusty. I hope he didn't put on too much muscle. All the other starters looked great -- for a scrimmage.

So who's the first guy cut? I think it's between Stone and Morais. DJ is looking a lot better than he did in the playoffs, Buyks looks solid so I'm thinking Stone is in trouble. Wright did a great job early. If they keep anyone after camp he has to be in the lead.

Wow, DeMar looked like he was on cruise control all game and still did his thing...

Comment

• lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                          crushing my dreams..... :''(
                          But your heart is still intact which is most important lol

Comment

• I think Austin Daye, Dwight Buycks, DJ Augustin, Amir and Derozan looks really really good. Kyle Lowry,Landry Fields and JV looked good, not as good as the others I named but I was pleased with them. The only players who looked bad were Rudy Gay and Steve Novak. I only say Steve because he missed a lot of threes from what I saw but obviously I'm not worried about that. Gaining that weight actually looks like it was a bad idea for Rudy. He looked slow and as Sherm said it looks like he lost some of his touch. And then you could tell he was getting frustrated so he started to force shots and play sloppy. Hopefully he uses the preseason to get used to his body so by the start of the regular season he's ready. Terrence Ross is A LOT better at getting to the rim this year but he either doesn't finish or doesn't read the defense well. Many times he could have passed it but he forced a shot in the lane. He'll get it though. I thought he looked alright. But Demar, Austin Daye, Dwight, and DJ Augustin REALLY impressed me. We are definitely not going to have problems shooting the three or getting into the lane this year. Dwight and DJ are so quick and get into the lane so easily. They also make the right read when they do.
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Wow, even though it was an inter-squad scrimmage only, there are somethings that caught my eye.

Good things :

DeMar DeRozan: My goodness was he smooth, and his defense was solid, considering he was guarding a seemed like improved and more confident Terrence Ross. The handle looks tight, and even had some good hesitations and got into traffic easily. The 3 point shoot was on point today, and the post game looks more refined - footwork looked nice.

Landry Fields: Shot certainly is funky, and is still inconsistent, but he's obviously worked on it, and has more confidence in himself. His defense on Rudy was nice, and he made the right plays offensively. I've always been a fan since he was drafted, glue guy for sure.

Jonas Valanciunas: Added strength was obvious, even against a big fat body like Gray. He took it tough to the hoop, the jumper is looking smooth, and he looks more comfortable defensively.

DJ Augustin & Dwight Buycks: I'm really excited about these two, especially because we have these over John Lucas III & Sebastian Telfair (sheesh). DJ's got a nice tight handle, smart, quick, good outside shooter, he's a very capable back-up. Dwight has the potential - being a rookie - to maybe be the point guard for this team in the future? He's a stronger, bigger guard than the other two, quick, defensive minded, can shoot, get into traffic and make the right pass - he's got some solid potential.

Amir Johnson: Cleans up glass, does his work, no questions asked, no surprises here.

Steve Novak, Chris Wright, Terrence Ross: Novak being on the floor, there was an obvious difference. I'm not sure I noticed anyone leaving him for help, or any defensive position. His presence as a 3-point shooter was felt, and it was obvious whenever he had the ball - got right up into him. Chris Wright brought good energy, if Coach Casey decides on 15 men, I'd give Wright the edge right now. Terrence also showed some good things offensively as well. He looks more confident, looking to drive the ball more to the hoop, and he just looks more comfortable - the defense was iffy, DeMar put him on wheels.

Bad Things:

Kyle Lowry: Jesus Christ, was he awful today. He got out-worked so hard by Augustin and Buycks, and he looked so tentative out there as well. Made some poor decisions, and rarely did much to put his teammates into better positions to score - he never actually drove and forced the issue to cause action. That's what a point is supposed to do!

Aaron Gray: Holy hell, he was brutal. He looked like he was eating space for his own damn team, thank god Amir and Hansbrough can fill that 5 a bit.

Rudy Gay: Was Rudy trying out there? From watching how his body language reacted to things, and how slowly he reacted and moved, it didn't look like he was giving much effort, quite frankly he looked like he didn't give a shit. Not sure that's the example you want to set by your "star" player. It was obvious that he added strength, when he got into the paint, he got there, except, he couldn't finish, and his shot was off, literally no lift (either meaning he's not in sync with the added weight, or again he doesn't give a shit).

I was a little upset Hansbrough didn't play (due to per-cautionary measures with a sore hamstring). I wanted to see how he would look with this team.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• I also want to add. Stone is an intriguing prospect. A 6'9 player that can play the point, and can guard multiple positions?
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X