Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raps Scrimmage in Halifax - a first glance chance - what to look for on Sat Oct 5th?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Coach Casey:
    “We are excited to return to Halifax after our great experience last year,” Raptors head coach Dwane Casey said in a release.

“The city offers us state of the art facilities and the opportunity to continue to grow the game of basketball across the country.”

Also, Halifax is a part of Raptors history:
    The first game in franchise history was in Halifax on Oct. 14, 1995, when the Raptors defeated the Philadelphia 76ers 120-107 in pre-season action.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
      Seems like I upset the people that live in the bloody Styx of Canada. Halifax sucks not even the people that live there really want to live there.

Plenty of options the Raps could have went to if they want players to fall in love with Canada. You never run into anyone who says hey you know where I want to go? Halifax that place is amazing....

Well I take some of that back it cant be as bad as Saskatchewan.
      Well from the photos and wikipedia info it looks like quite interesting place to visit.
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Nice work in the community while they are here.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Raps4Life, it's all relative. The same way you feel about Halifax and Saskathcewan is the same way people who live in London, Paris and NYC feel about Toronto. Oh wait, that's not quite right.....

Those people don't think about Toronto at all.

EDIT: By the way, I went to Dalhousie for university and I can't think of a better place in Canada to be a university student. Not only is Halifax a nice city, the south shore and Cape Breton are amazing places to visit. If you ever have a chance, visiting Nova Scotia for a few days is definitely worhtwhile.
          Last edited by slaw; Fri Oct 4, 2013, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing the Raps again in my hometown! They put on a great show last year, and the streets were lined up for blocks and blocks - hours before the scrimmage started, waiting to see our team.

In case folks in and around Toronto are curious, it's not BS when people in management talk about the Raps being Canada's team - I truly feel like when they come play Hali, the fans here feel like it's our team too.

"Not even the people who want to live there really want to"? No sense arguing with a person who clearly has the IQ of a peanut, and wants to spend his time upsetting people on the internet ... screw you, loser.

Seems like I upset the people that live in the bloody Styx of Canada. Halifax sucks not even the people that live there really want to live there.

Plenty of options the Raps could have went to if they want players to fall in love with Canada. You never run into anyone who says hey you know where I want to go? Halifax that place is amazing....

The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
              Raps4Life, it's all relative. The same way you feel about Halifax and Saskathcewan is the same way people who live in London, Paris and NYC feel about Toronto. Oh wait, that's not quite right.....

Those people don't think about Toronto at all.

EDIT: By the way, I went to Dalhousie for university and I can't think of a better place in Canada to be a university student. Not only is Halifax a nice city, the south shore and Cape Breton are amazing places to visit. If you ever have a chance, visiting Nova Scotia for a few days is definitely worhtwhile.
              Did an east coast trip on my honeymoon, and we had a lot of fun. Canada is really beautiful the farther east you go. We are considering moving there once we retire.

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                should i even start explaining, nah.
                I THINK he's being sarcastic. If not, I'm ROFL.

Wow, what's with the bitterness? The sun will rise...Halli isn't bad, my bro went there on vacation strictly for the sea food! Good food, decent music, interesting history...what else do you want for a town/almost city in Canada? I guess "haters gonna hate."
                Axel wrote: View Post
                Quote Coach Casey:
                “We are excited to return to Halifax after our great experience last year,” Raptors head coach Dwane Casey said in a release.

“The city offers us state of the art facilities and the opportunity to continue to grow the game of basketball across the country.”

Also, Halifax is a part of Raptors history:
                The first game in franchise history was in Halifax on Oct. 14, 1995, when the Raptors defeated the Philadelphia 76ers 120-107 in pre-season action.
                What he said.

Comment

I like to take a different approach on stuff like this. While I am proud of my fellow poster's here for their wonderful and polite approach, I can't help but speak my mind when i say to you, with full sincerity, "You sir, can go fuck yourself".

Now, don't take this as an all out declaration of war, think of it it more as an indication of how most feel when a guy decides to set out to ruffle feathers and insult people, or entire places for no reason, and with little foundation in which to do so.

I'm sure you're an ok guy, and I would never hesitate to talk ball with you here. But here, on this thread, today, fuck that, you can Suck it Phaneuf!!!

Comment

I've never been east of Quebec City, but I've heard nothing but great things about Halifax. When my best friend got married, I was seriously considering Halifax for his bachelor party weekend (although we ultimately decided on Boston). But Halifax had us all excited about its party scene.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      I've never been east of Quebec City, but I've heard nothing but great things about Halifax. When my best friend got married, I was seriously considering Halifax for his bachelor party weekend (although we ultimately decided on Boston). But Halifax had us all excited about its party scene.
                      Back in the day, dollar drinks could be found most nights of the week. On the weekend, there were 2 bars a couple of doors from each other (say 20 yards) that staggered their "power hours", so you could go to Peddlers from 7-9 for $1 drinks, then Split Crow from 9-11 for $1 drinks, then back to Peddlers from 11-12 for more $1 drinks.

Sadly (or wisely...) $1 drinks have been banned by the city as things did tend to get out of control....

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                        ...Sadly (or wisely...) $1 drinks have been banned by the city as things did tend to get out of control....

Yuh think?

Comment

Yeah the comments on Halifax. Stereotypical Torontonian idiocy.... thankfully appears to be limited around here.

On somewhat related note:
                          The Raps went to St. John's, Newfoundland in 2004. They never did play games because the floor was too slippery due to humidity. They said they would return but never did. I guess when the Leafs farm team pulled out that opportunity was lost. Too bad. I'd make the trip to the Rock if they ever returned. If you want a fun, scenic adventure, St. John's is quite the experience. Never had a bad trip there - even with the weather.

Comment

Pretty pathetic for all of you to be bickering about Canadian cities.

Comment

Surprised I created such a stir. thank you RR.

Comment

Surprised I created such a stir. thank you RR.
                                hahaha.... its all in good fun bud, I assure you. Shaken, not stirred Bitch!

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X