The Morning After vs. Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Morning After vs. Washington

Well, well .... Raptors made it yet another close call against the weak, yet terrible high spirited Washington Wizards team. Again, too close for comfort for my liking, but that's just me.

It's funny listening to Matt and Jack talk about how fantastic our team depth is (which I don't entirely disagree with), and yet without our "franchise" we've barely kept our heads above water against two of the weakest teams in the NBA. Not something to really brag about, should we?

Look, I've for years hated to refer to Chris Bosh as our "franchise" because up until recently I didn't think he was deserving of that glorious tag. Well, I take that back now and have absolute confidence that this man is this team's franchise and moving forward if we can't re-sign Bosh this summer, then I expect the Raptors to take a step back significantly from where this team is right now. Unless they find away to wake up Hedo and better utilize his skills and abilities, life without Bosh has already been too long and frustrating to watch. If Toronto want to be contenders at all within the next couple seasons, they can only do it with Chris. Right now looking at all the feasible options for next season, I don't see how you can replace someone like Bosh at this point.

So, enough of my rant. Let's get to the "Raptors in Reverse Player of the Game". So, who stood out for you guys last night? Jack's totally 4th quarter domination? Wright's season-high 19 points off the bench? Or for the second night in a row Hedo's 14+ points in a game? Or was is "Dikembe" Bargnani's defense in the 4th quarter? (Vote at the poll)
    Turkoglu - 16 pts, 6 reb, 5 ast
    0.00%
    Bargnani - 18 pts, 6 reb, 4 blk
    40.00%
    Nesterovic - 10 pts, 1 stl, 1 blk, 19 min
    0.00%
    Jack - 23 pts. 8 ast, 4 reb
    60.00%
    Wright - 19 pts, 4 reb, 2 ast, 2 stl
    0.00%
    Calderon - 10 pts, 4 reb, 4 ast
    0.00%

Jarrett Jack. Why? Cause and effect. If it wasn't for him then none of the other guys would be in a position to do what they did. He single-handedly brought us back into the game, gave us the lead, and gave the other guys opportunities to contribute to the win. Bargs, for instance, wouldn't have had those 3 blocks in a row if the game didn't play out the way it did in the final 4 minutes.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
      Jarrett Jack. Why? Cause and effect. If it wasn't for him then none of the other guys would be in a position to do what they did. He single-handedly brought us back into the game, gave us the lead, and gave the other guys opportunities to contribute to the win. Bargs, for instance, wouldn't have had those 3 blocks in a row if the game didn't play out the way it did in the final 4 minutes.
      Great point nubreed, but who's to say anyone else would of had the same ability to block those 3 shots like Bargnani did. Not saying he's the next JSmoove when it comes to blocking shots, but the momentum and energy that Andrea created by all three of those blocks almost blew the roof off the ACC. An energy that I haven't seen in months in the ACC. It was electrifying.

How about co-MVP from last night shared by Jack and Andrea? Deal?

Comment

Realizar's Photo of the Game

Antoine Wright takes it super-strong to the rim straight through FOUR Wizards players! Rasho is positioned perfectly for an OR, while Bargs is seen wide-open for a kick-out 3FGA.
        RR OG

Comment

Great game. 9 point deficit in the 4th with 5 and half mins left and the Dinos pull out the W. The environment those last 6 mins in the ACC were the best I've seen all season! Gotta give the POG to JJ. He was just awesome in the 4th.

And yeah, was that Il Mago or Dikembe out there on the court! GET THAT GAHBAGE OUTTA HERE!!!

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
            Great point nubreed, but who's to say anyone else would of had the same ability to block those 3 shots like Bargnani did. Not saying he's the next JSmoove when it comes to blocking shots, but the momentum and energy that Andrea created by all three of those blocks almost blew the roof off the ACC. An energy that I haven't seen in months in the ACC. It was electrifying.

How about co-MVP from last night shared by Jack and Andrea? Deal?
            Nobody other than Andrea could've made those blocks. Hell...even Andrea couldn't make those blocks. I'm still in disbelief, lol

Co-MVP sounds just fine. Both guys contributed big time.

Comment

Working...
            X