Vegas Over/Under: Raps at 36.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegas Over/Under: Raps at 36.5

The people who make their living calculating odds have set the Raps' over/under for wins this season at 36.5 (tenth in the East):

http://www.lasvegassun.com/blogs/tal...erunder-win-t/

magoon wrote: View Post
    the people who make their living calculating odds have set the raps' over/under for wins this season at 36.5 (tenth in the east):

blow it up!

sorry, I couldn't resist

Comment

No way the Mavs are winning more than 44 games this year. Sorry Jose...

Comment

36.5 eh. I'll take the over on that bet! Any Calgarians want to take the under?

Comment

The people who make their living calculating odds have set the Raps' over/under for wins this season at 36.5 (tenth in the East):

You mean those same professionals who had the Jays as the pre-season favourites to win the World Series?

Comment

Under.

Vegas is making a prediction so there are no certainties there at all, but if this number is any indication of how the season plays out with this roster, please Masai, destroy this mediocre team sooner rather than later.

Comment

I'm taking the Over. I'm thinking between 38-42 wins this year; if this roster plays 82.

Comment

Vegas sets the odds so that the money is bet evenly on both sides of that number, its not a true prediction

Comment

Katman wrote: View Post
                  Vegas sets the odds so that the money is bet evenly on both sides of that number, its not a true prediction
                  But in order for bets to be placed evenly on both sides doesn't that mean they would want that number be as close to an accurate prediction as possible?

For the record I'll take under. But I won't put money on it because I'm predicting 36 wins this season, and I wouldn't want to place a bet which might lead me to cheer for them to lose. UNLESS of course we've blown it up, then I'll be cheering for our players to "go on a bender, for ender"!
                  "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                    But in order for bets to be placed evenly on both sides doesn't that mean they would want that number be as close to an accurate prediction as possible?
                    Vegas wants the number to be as close to the public's best guess of the actual outcome. The number is based on the public's perception, right?

The Jays last year are a good example of Vegas being completely wrong on their prediction (in hindsight), but still seeming like an intriguing bet at the start of the year (and probably got a good split of bets on both sides). Vegas was terribly inaccurate and still made money (I'm assuming).

Comment

im gonna take the over
                      ya dun noe

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                        36.5 eh. I'll take the over on that bet! Any Calgarians want to take the under?
                        Hell no. I'm not a gablin' man, so I only take bets that I want to see come to fruition.
                        "This just in........ THE RAPTORS ARE AMAZING!"

Comment

I think it's reasonable. I think that, if the roster stays intact and healthy until the end of the season we'll easily go over (and make the playoffs as a 6 or 7 seed). But there's certainly a chance of blowing everything up midseason, or of Lowry or Amir getting injured for a long stretch. Any of those things would push into 'under' territory.

Comment

Looking back wow.

Comment

Damn!
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                              X