Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: Preseason begins! Raptors vs Celtics

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL, that actually made me laugh out loud.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter themasao's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great individual player highlights from this guys channel. Really useful, especially during the preseason when we're getting a feel for guys' games:

http://www.youtube.com/user/NBAPostUp?feature=watch

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    What I liked most (for the last quarter and a half I saw) was the guys seemed to be taking it seriously and putting in full effort. Great effort by Hansbrough, Buycks looked good on D, solid effort by TRoss, Fields being effective, DJ doing what we hoped, JV being solid, DeMar looking like a new player and the whole Raptors Republic crew being very supportive and contained in their comments.
    Wait a minute.... this doesn't look good for tanking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote themasao wrote: View Post
    Great individual player highlights from this guys channel. Really useful, especially during the preseason when we're getting a feel for guys' games:

Wow, nice

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote themasao wrote: View Post

From the brief clips, I was impressed to see Ross doing more than simply parking himself behind the arc and waiting for a kickout.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't want to draw too many conclusions from the first preseason game, but I was impressed by Ross taking a decent defender like Keith Boguns, off the dribble on a few occassions. Didn't finish strong at the rim, but good to see that he has a quick first step and the handles to drive to the basket.

Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Same.. I was a casual fan until I found this site. Now everyone at my school hates me because I'm so hardcore. Lol
    i feel ya both
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Agreed.

I have no problem with the homer loving his guys, building some excitement for new players, system, team.

That said, when you praise a guy for cutting off the angle on a drive "great job hustling back and cutting off the drive" when it is 100% clearly a foul (reached across the offensive players body, contact with the shoulder to the ball handler) then you are too much. You can still praise the guy for getting back and the hustle, but call it like it is "Olynyk got away with a foul on the reach there, but you love the hustle getting back in transition from the big guy".

When you find the announcers getting to you, I prefer to mute and use NBA Jam commentary instead. "Boomshakalaka!!!"
    He was comparing Olynck to Nowitzski Hahahaha! At one point he even said how Olyck is better than Nowitzski when he came into the league. I like Olynck but thats wayy overboard
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

It's Heinsohn, he's going to gild the lily every time. Nowitzki averaged only 8.2 ppg and 3.4 rpg and shot 20% from the 3 point line as a 20 year old his rookie season. A healthy 22 year old Olynyk might exceed that stat line this season.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know if anyone noticed this, but Green actually jumped OVER Augustin on this block:

Twitter - @thekid_it

Thread Information