View Poll Results: What Point In The Season Will Hansbrough Take Over Starting Position?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opening Night

6 16.22%
  • Mid-December

4 10.81%
  • All-Star Break

1 2.70%
  • He Won't

26 70.27%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Everything Hansbrough

Post Thanks / Like

Default Everything Hansbrough

You know there's going to need to be one sooner or later.

Anyways, great game from him last night. Only pre-season, but you know this is one guy who's going to bring it!

He may be a bright spot in what could shape up to be a rather bleak season of raps basketball or he could play a key component in leading this team into the playoffs. Time will tell..
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone already knows what I think on the matter :P

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i have been pretty vocal about the awesomeness of the hansbrough. love him and happy he played well
    For The Win

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great pickup, the more hustle bigs the better: JV/Amir/PsychoT will, get boards, wear out oposing frontlines out, those three dudes are the anti-Bargnanis and that's what basketball fans love

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Already one of my fave Raptor behind Gay & JV.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I said in an earlier thread awhile back Hansbrough was going to surprise you. There is more to come provided the coaching staff makes the decision to make him an active part of the offense. Face it, last night he got most all his points off rebounding/fouls. Nothing was run for him. Post him up down low once in awhile, let him shoot his fade away jumper when posted low, and let him shoot jumpers from 15'. There was a time when he could hit those but at Indiana they began taking his game away from him limiting him. Anyother year in Indiana would have destroyed him. Tyler has not reached his peak given a little freedom and made one of the offensive options.

7. Like Joey, Puffer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he should be the first big off the bench all season. Keep teh starters the same and have Tyler pickup the energy of the second unit when he comes in. No reason he can't 28-30 minutes a night off the pine.

9. Like Puffer, Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Indiana65 wrote: View Post
    I said in an earlier thread awhile back Hansbrough was going to surprise you. There is more to come provided the coaching staff makes the decision to make him an active part of the offense. Face it, last night he got most all his points off rebounding/fouls. Nothing was run for him. Post him up down low once in awhile, let him shoot his fade away jumper when posted low, and let him shoot jumpers from 15'. There was a time when he could hit those but at Indiana they began taking his game away from him limiting him. Anyother year in Indiana would have destroyed him. Tyler has not reached his peak given a little freedom and made one of the offensive options.
    Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    I think he should be the first big off the bench all season. Keep teh starters the same and have Tyler pickup the energy of the second unit when he comes in. No reason he can't 28-30 minutes a night off the pine.
    I agree with both of the above.

I like him off the bench given freedom. You don't become all-time leading scorer in UNC/ACC history without some skill.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hansborough isn't a starter, he's a tough guy that comes off the bench. You need guys like him.

Amir has the starting spot though. Its his. He earned it.

12. Like Puffer, Nilanka liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I need to throw this out there:

Amir Johnson has always had an above 50% field goal percentage in every year he has played, even when he was learning the game in Detroit and when he earned an expanded role in Toronto. Tyler, while bringing great effort and energy, has trouble finishing in the NBA with the longer and more athletic defenders surounding him.

I think too many guys are looking for him the break out, but he is what he is, a great role player who can thrive off our bench. If we ask too much of him by starting him, we are doomed for failure.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Amir Johnson has always had an above 50% field goal percentage in every year he has played, even when he was learning the game in Detroit and when he earned an expanded role in Toronto. Tyler, while bringing great effort and energy, has trouble finishing in the NBA with the longer and more athletic defenders surounding him.

I think too many guys are looking for him the break out, but he is what he is, a great role player who can thrive off our bench. If we ask too much of him by starting him, we are doomed for failure.
    That, right there, is the number one reason for failure in Colangelo's reign as GM.

You can't have starters being corners stones,
    You can't have role players being starters,
    You can't have 3rd string being role players,
    You can't have guys with no upside or established talent being third string.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well said. Hansbrough had a good game last night, and should fill a role for the Raptors all season.
    But there's no need to start falling over ourselves trying to get him into the starting lineup or into a top five role on the team, especially when it's at the expense of Amir Johnson who is probably the Raptors most effective all around player.

A big part of Hansbrough's value is that he gives the team a huge shot in the arm when he comes in off the pine. He can shift the energy of a game on any given night. Those type of guys are custom fit for bench roles. You try and force him into the starting lineup and you lose so much of what makes him effective in the first place.

Also..... it's one game!

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Option D) He will only start because of injuries
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    Option D) He will only start because of injuries
    he won't start would in a sense be the correct choice if that is the case.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    Also..... it's one game!
    Don't EVER say these words in front of Ben Uzoh....
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

19. Like Rapstor4Life, Axel, Fully, LBF liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Don't EVER say these words in front of Ben Uzoh....
    "Get me on the court and I'm trouble, last week fucked around and got a triple double"

21. Like Rapstor4Life, Red and White, Nilanka liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All i know is there should be some kind of pool where we can bet on which of JV, Amir or Psycho T commits the most fouls
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"Tyler is my favorite player on the team" - Terrence Ross

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    "Tyler is my favorite player on the team" - Terrence Ross
    Haha, I can't think of an odder couple....

"I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted he won't, but I'd be totally fine with it if he did become starter at some point.

I just think it's more likely Amir keeps his starting spot and Tyler is the first big off the bench.

Really depends on how certain lineups work together, or rather, who works better with JV.

If JV and Hansbrough works better than JV and Amir, you gotta start Hansbrough.

26. Like Sig liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information